Few thoughts about alliance classes

• OK, first of all, not that I'm a grammar nazi or anything, but plural for trader is traders.

Ok, now that's done, let's get down to business.

Warriors

• +10% speed for ships flying between alliance members
      Total garbage and useless. I guess someone was thinking oh generals could use
      the speed so they can ninja better. Dude, 10% speed is nothing and is useless in 99% of cases.
      If it's the boost on just base speed, then I take these 99% back and I'm gonna go with 100%.
    • +1 combat research levels
      OK, a bit useful, in the ultra-late game. But just a tiny bit. And again, in the ultra-late game.
    • +1 espionage research levels
      Useless, if someone wants to find out your techs, they'll send more probes.
    • The espionage system can be used to scan whole systems.
      Maybe helpful for inactive farmers, but I doubt most of them farm these manually, and I'm not gonna turn this into that discussion.
      Also, this will backfire (assuming there will actually be any "Warriors" alliances") - prepare for non stop activity all over systems and galaxies.

Overall score: Garbage, not useful at all.

Trader(s)

• +10% speed for transporters
      OK, cool, useful assuming this is not a boost for base speed, if it is, then it's just what - 10-15 seconds at most even on x5 servers.
      Even though this could be useful, consider that generals now have 5% increments for speed, add this and it's just a living nightmare to calculate returns.
    • +5% mine production
      Good for buffed up mines, even though discoverers and expedition sending is way more profitable then most miner setups these days.
    • +5% energy production
      Useless shit, similar to those silly energy boosters. If u wanna make this and/or those items useful, make a purpose for graviton research.
    • +10% planet storage capacity
      Useless, nobody will be changing their RS routine because of this.
    • +10% moon storage capacity
      Ok, this one must be an internal joke we don't know about or just trolling.
      I can't even try to understand the mind behind this one, does that person know anything
      about this game?

Overall score: Garbage, still the "best one".

Researchers

• +5% larger planets on colonisation
      A tiny bit good boost, better when used with discoverer class bonus.
    • +10% speed to expedition destination
      Again, u trolling us GF?
    • The system phalanx can be used to scan fleet movements in whole systems.
      I haven't seen how this looks like, but I guess it's a mess. Also, I can't think of a scenario where this would be useful.

Overall score: Garbage, useless.

Well, those were some of my thoughts, wanna hear what other people think.

Now, can any GF employee enlighten us and explain the thinking of the brilliant mind behind this class design?

Goodbye old friend.

It has been a good run (2005ish - 2020).

Edited 2 times, last by nanogram: colors ().

• I don't agree that warrior class is useless, but researcher is.

They should be balanced and now it's like Trader 10 points, Warrior 5 points, Researcher 1 point. Not really balanced at all.

99% of alliances will be traders which kills the point of the feature. Perks were obviously chosen by someone who never played the game.

• I think warrior is ok. If they swapped the fleet speed to ally’s for a deut reduction it would be awesome.

researchers not getting a bonus on research is kinda funny. If it’s the PvE class, it should have send all expos at once option or something.

Moon storage is hilarious and probably because they couldn’t programme it any differently

• OK, a bit useful, in the ultra-late game. But just a tiny bit. And again, in the ultra-late game.

It's quite the opposite. It's useful in early game when combat techs are low. Because level 6 vs. 10 is almost double, whereas 20 vs. 24 is only a difference of 20%.

• It's quite the opposite. It's useful in early game when combat techs are low. Because level 6 vs. 10 is almost double, whereas 20 vs. 24 is only a difference of 20%.

Sure, good point, I was basing it on my current main account.

I agree.

Goodbye old friend.

It has been a good run (2005ish - 2020).

• It's quite the opposite. It's useful in early game when combat techs are low. Because level 6 vs. 10 is almost double, whereas 20 vs. 24 is only a difference of 20%.

Sure, good point, I was basing it on my current main account.

I agree.

However, you forgot that early game no longer exists.

Now you get from 0 to million on the day uni starts so combat tech is not an issue for anyone.

• can someone honestly explain the 10% storage capacity on moons? For me this is proof that whoever designed this does not even play the game... unless I am not understanding something right. Overall besides the 5% buff on mines all else seem pretty useless

• I would have replaced 10% moon storage with +one or +two levels of Hyper Space Technology.

Would fit in with the remit where warrior gets + combats and is logically paired with transporter speeds.

Arcane
    Quit due to shocking support from piink

#MostLikedBoardIdiot

• Researchers

• +5% larger planets on colonisation

In a perfect world on a perfect ogame this would be the most relevant single item of all the bonuses included in this class update... But we have these:

Platinum Planet Fields

+20 additional fields on a planet.

• I think warrior is ok. If they swapped the fleet speed to ally’s for a deut reduction it would be awesome.

researchers not getting a bonus on research is kinda funny. If it’s the PvE class, it should have send all expos at once option or something.

Moon storage is hilarious and probably because they couldn’t programme it any differently

I feel like it'd fit the name more if TRADERS had faster/less deut costs on their transports when they make, oh Idk, TRADES with allies, but maybe they gave it to warrior because they needed to give at least some incentive, even if it is laughable, to pick it xD

• Moon storage is hilarious and probably because they couldn’t programme it any differently

Most likely.Why put it in description as bonus is beyond me. Developer trolling:biggrin:

Yup I agree....Developers are trolling the whiners and personally I find it funny..... Developers get a 10/10 for that one from me:sixstars::sixstars::sixstars::sixstars::sixstars:

On a side note....They need to add a pirate flag in here

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Ghostwolf, and Hell followed with him.

Veni Vidi Vici

Audaces Fortuna Iavat

• We like most other alliances chose Traders

• +10% speed for transporters
      Hardly noticeable if any change at all
    • +5% mine production
      Every little bit matters, even on with low mines, and as it's an overall increase and it affects all planets even better
    • +5% energy production
      Not similar to those silly energy boosters, as a player who uses Energy tech and fusion reactors to power my mines, this 1 thing put back my need to improve my fusion to level 22 or take my energy tech up a level by a few weeks and enable me to do a complete round of Deut synthesisers - Side note, the only thing I have found the silly energy boosters useful for is when I needed the energy to do Terraforma level 10 on the planets I relocated to position 15 with my free relocations .. which was good as now the solar sats would only give me a few energy per sat if I was thinking about doing that now
    • +10% planet storage capacity
      For me useless, but if I was a new player this would be useful while I build I suppose
    • +10% moon storage capacity
      ....... :lol:

• Ok so, traders can use the 10 % storage capacity for trading with merchant, its helpful if for say your trading 600 mil metal for crystal. you have your crystal storage high at say lvl 15 or something, you get 10 % more storage on your crystal silo. so you know, figure it out another 30 mil crystal per trade. ok.