Improve the queue functionality

• Make it STOP reloading the page when things are added in queue or when they are finished. Ogame redesign is what, 10+ years old? It's time for an upgrade. There is web technology out there that can easily do this and make it run smoothly instead of wasting minutes to add things in queue with the reload.

• one of the neat game mechanics revolves around the reloading of the queue

so im completely against that part

[stopping the reload after queue is finished]

but making it somehow easier to queue things in the first place would infact be good

'Stalno u kafani..ja sam nesto poput sanka'

'Zaboravljamo heroje i junake,pamtimo samo loše likove'

The post was edited 1 time, last by Asto Vidatu ().

• one of the neat game mechanics revolves around the reloading of the queue

so im completely against that part

but making it somehow easier to queue things would infact be good

U mean the fill up the queue with stuff to have non stop activity?

Doubt that's a mechanic, I bet it's a long forgotten bug.

More on topic, yeah, UI-wise this game is stuck in the time when adobe photoshop slicing was the way to go when designing the UI.

The main page alone pulls shitload of images

All of this stuff can be rewritten in CSS.

• could be a bug aswell..which only guarantees it wont be fixed :confused:

• there was also a bugg where quene gets on "Finished" first item in Q, then it freezes and u cant put anything else to build, and when u cancel it and put again it still buggs on finihs x) lots of craze stuff goin on

gokui.png

... SOlution is Arround the Corner ..

• It's not really a game mechanic.

And here are simpler things. You might as well go to galaxy view and put the mouse as weight on your arrow key. There you go. Infinite activity (until server reset) and compeletely legit.

• yes you can disregard it that way also

or just use a simple reloader

but i`ll rather stick to old game mechanics/bugs

there was also a bugg where quene gets on "Finished" first item in Q, then it freezes and u cant put anything else to build, and when u cancel it and put again it still buggs on finihs x) lots of craze stuff goin on

that, and also a nice one

that gets stuck on 3 whatever, and keeps rebuilding them

to infinity and beyond!

• Doubt that's a mechanic, I bet it's a long forgotten bug.

It's not a bug, on the MCO Closed Beta that mechanic was removed, we complained about it and it was reinstated.

You might as well go to galaxy view and put the mouse as weight on your arrow key.

Technically that's against the ToS. Also it's not just about the activity, it's also about having OGame on a second monitor and seeing what's going on without having to refresh manually every 5 minutes.

• I see. Well as of your question who uses monitors todays: Gamers. You know those people who are likely to play a game, like OGame is one.

• That's one of the reasons this game is dying (likely 95% people who are still playing it are desktop generations). Us who were young when ogame was a hit....

New age gamers don't really play ogame. Who would blame them? It's bad and boring compared to all those games out there.

Game in its current state is never going to attract new generations which means we are the last generation of ogame players.

• I can't imagine doing anything serious on a phone.

Phone is/was just a way to refresh and check what's going on.

Serious like hofs, recall deploy ninjas, jump gate ninjas, phalanx hits, inactive farming, expos... getting to the top? I've done it all.

You don't need the ancient desktop or laptop to play. Extensions work on the phone and that's all that matters. Most of the actions can even be done faster because your finger is faster than a mouse. It takes me less than 10 seconds to send all waves of expos.

• i mean

you can play on the washing machine

doesnt mean that you should, nor shouldnt

it just means that this was made to be played on PC

simple as that