Community discussion/involvement in the upcoming merges?

• Ask and ye shall receive:

Graveyard FAQ

• Ask and ye shall receive:

I was referring to the official merge, not the graveyard merge.

But thanks for putting something together and making things official.

The rule is for the official merges as well.
    I just have to get the time to add it to the FAQ.

Trying to do a real life job where I actually get paid at the moment as well... :biggrin:

• So, with the Swedish servers shutting down and merging here I can't imagine these aren't going to be our targets.

The Swedes got:

Uni 1

Quantum (117)

Vega (122)

Bellatrix (154)

Rosalind (170)

Tucana (172)

The Norwegians got:

Uni 1

Quantum (117)

Oberon (141)

Bellatrix (154)

Quasar (169)

Sombrero (171)

Volans (174)*

So... it looks like uni 1, Quantum, and Bella are a common theme here.

It will be awfully crappy of GF to put those players that move to Vega, Rosalind, Tucana, Oberon, Quasar, and Sombrero in a position where they have to turn around and make another exodus to yet another uni.

And just out of curiosity, why do the Norwegians get Volans as a choice but not the Swedes?

Not seeing much hope for us 'ol legacy 1x (FLT/ECO/RES) players here in Dorado...looks like we're getting screwed.

• in the past, accounts that didn't migrate just vanished with the old universe.

but now that we have the graveyard ...

would be interested to hear the answer to that one.

MOST HATED RANK #1

TOP 1 (solo) x 2

TOP 1 (ACS) x 1
    TOP 10 (solo) x 3

TOP 10 (ACS) x 11
    Super Adv lost count

• In the last merger if you didn't select a target universe then the your account will be thrown to one of the target universes randomly.

It'd be nice to go to graveyard, that way you can just go to any universe that you want.

Don't let the game play you, instead of that Vmode fleetsave and play the game whenever you want.

• In the last merger if you didn't select a target universe then the your account will be thrown to one of the target universes randomly.

It'd be nice to go to graveyard, that way you can just go to any universe that you want.

It is strange they would do that.

Target universes will be clogged with inactives.

• In the past, these accounts were merged to a random target universe which was close to the settings of the original server.

I can ask if these accounts will be merged to the Graveyard now - I'll get back to you probably next week with an answer.

:smile2:

Unless I missed it, I don't think we've heard the outcome of this yet other than the graveyard will not be a target choice. Which, if they're not going to let the graveyard be a target, then I doubt they'll let it be the default target in the absence of you making a choice. So, unless you're already set up to go to the graveyard before the merge happens it looks like we either choose a target uni or the game chooses it for us. This sucks for most people because if you don't want to go there in the first place, you're now potentially occupying prime coordinates for other players as they wait for the graveyard script to come along and snatch you up.

But to go to the graveyard requires we go inactive for a good length of time ( I can't remember if it's 45 or 60 days) which means we need quite a bit of advance notice...something that GF is usually reluctant to do or very vague (hey...there is a merge coming, but we're not going to tell you when).

• I'm sure you'll get the option of 1x, 2x & speed universes.

As for "legacy universe" goes, the game is progressing with time, people want to progress faster, get higher rewards after each attack (higher df%), higher eco, different type of speed fleet (war/holding/peaceful), etc... I think we should all adapt if we're to continue playing, exactly like when purchasing resources was introduced or when battlecruisers were introduced, etc...

As for Merging to graveyard, I don't think this is how the graveyard server is supposed to be used. It's to clean up perma vac accounts from servers, not to use it as a tool to merge to a different country/server.

Don't let the game play you, instead of that Vmode fleetsave and play the game whenever you want.

• I'm sure you'll get the option of 1x, 2x & speed universes.

As for "legacy universe" goes, the game is progressing with time, people want to progress faster, get higher rewards after each attack (higher df%), higher eco, different type of speed fleet (war/holding/peaceful), etc... I think we should all adapt if we're to continue playing, exactly like when purchasing resources was introduced or when battlecruisers were introduced, etc...

As for Merging to graveyard, I don't think this is how the graveyard server is supposed to be used. It's to clean up perma vac accounts from servers, not to use it as a tool to merge to a different country/server.

Yeah, it is what it is...if there are no legacy options I have no qualms with walking away from the game again until another legacy uni comes along, and if it doesn't then I've got plenty of other things to occupy my time.

While that wasn't the intent of the graveyard, that's exactly what people are using it for and there isn't anything GF can do about it other than shutting it off. Maybe someday we'll get that merge token.

• I don't know if I missed this answer... What happens to accounts that don't choose a target?

If they have DM, are they sent to graveyard?

Correct, they are sent to the graveyard.

Also for all, keep in mind the UK merge is not planned right now so anything you read in this discussion is speculations, but there isn't anything set in stone other than what is announced in the news section.

Piink.jpg

• Sorry but that seems ridiculous because people just wont pick a uni to merge into now and get a free merge to where ever they like, and us players in the target unis are stuck

A wise man once said "it's only pixels on a screen"

• The only issue in this case is that the players in the target universe won't have this chance and that's a bit unfair

"But when does a comet become a meteor?

When does a candlе become a blaze?

Whеn does a man become a monster?

When does a ripple become a tidal wave?

When does the reason become the blame?

When does a man become a monster?"

• If you are playing an uni you don't want to play in then you can graveyard yourself... Or quit

• You clearly aren't understanding, if we want to graveyard our accounts we have to wait 60 days, but people who are merging get a free graveyard and don't have to miss out on 2 months of production.

Also people who will be in vmode when the merge happens wont be too inactive because they must have logged in within 60 days

• Their uni is being shut down. In some cases even their whole communities.

Of course they get a free merge...

You're basically angry that your uni will not be shut down because you don't want to play in it. Take a vacation. 60 days without ogame can be refreshing! :)

• I'm not angry at all, this is a game. But the constant rule changes make no sense at all. it always seem to be the people in the target universes that get the short end of the stick