Merge rules ?

• Assuming GameForge management is not stupid, it begs the question why is this allowed when they could easily shut it down? Letting players move around smashing accounts and moving on will only lead to reduction in the already all time low player base.

What can their motive be?

Perhaps they want to shut the game down and use low player base as the excuse rather than be upfront - after all, they don't normally give reasons for their actions.

or

Maybe they just no longer care.

or

Answers on a postcard please......

Certainly if this is allowed to continue it will spell the death of the game, because rest assuered it is coming to your Uni soon.......

~The strong take from the weak, but the smart take from the strong~
    exiledvulcan.jpg
    U44/Quant/Jup/Betel HOF's = 576~ ~ ~481 Solo [10 Top 10] / 95 ACS [4 x #1 + 11 Top 10]
    ~~ RIP 7007+

• Was this account in the graveyard? Or did it come from an exodus uni?

At a guess it came from the graveyard.

The account merged from Quasar EN, which is perfectly legit. He came, he smashed and he will likely leave the uni and in 60 days smash someone else.

If he/she merged from Quasar 169 EN. I would like to know how ?

He/she had to come from the Graveyard or an exodus uni and as EN server's are target unis atm, We have no exodus unis merge this year.

The only other Quasar 169 Uni is exodus for Turkish server. there was no EN target uni for the Turkish server. correct me if I am wrong .

The only way he/she merged into Bellatrix is via the graveyard and that is up to GF to sort it out if its a legit merge .

He/she is now rank 1. Not bad to be in a server a few hrs and conquer the universe in a few seconds is this even legal?? If it is then this game will die supper fast .

To have a rank 2 player merge into a uni and take it over in a few hrs should not be permitted. if this is aloud then all the rank 1 players out there will loose there positions in a few seconds I guess that will sit well with everyone :crazy:

• OMW, this is rediculious.

Was the merge legal? asked and answered .... yes it was, and for the obtuse people here (Account was originally fom Quasar went to Graveyard and then went to bella, now back in vmode and probably heading back to the Graveyard))

Was the hit legal? asked and answered ..... yes it was

Shoud there be an attack ban in place on accounts that merge in either from another server or graveyard, no .... there has never been one in the past why start now.

For all the people who say it's unfair blah balh blah, how is this any different to sending a mobile, getting your mates to moon you, insta building a JG, then smacking your target in system, getting your loot, getting out of dodge and destroying your mobile to go do it to the next player? Or is this only something the Ronin Kowboys are allowed to do to others?

Both are part of the game, suck it up and get used to it.

Your only defence is to fleetsave, don't leave your toys lying around and no one else will try take them, I'm not sure if I cold be any clearer here FLEETSAVE, then you will be safe.

Thank you Marley :hi:

• Yes. You can move . There is no problem with that. But as a fair gaming , players must see who comes and to where. İf the rules created for fair play , like 24 hour no jump gate usage for relocation , Same issue should be with merge or migration tool using. That's all. I don't care who did fs or who used migration.

if you fleetsave and be smart you have a much higher chance of not being crashed. If you’re targeted within hours of someone coming to the universe you either pissed someone off or they discovered you were easy pickings.

• At first i had different kind of opinion about this issue, but when I saw majority of experienced 10+ years players saying what you're saying I started to respect and agree with that perception.

Still some of us still have that residual gut feeling of something quite not so simple to get behind it 100%

I don't like seeing 10+ players in same alliance quitting because someone with mega account came and wiped them all in one night.

In my opinion , Gameforge shouldn't view 10+ veteran players just as consumers . This community grew because of them. ( But that's another topic )

Assuming GameForge management is not stupid, it begs the question why is this allowed when they could easily shut it down? Letting players move around smashing accounts and moving on will only lead to reduction in the already all time low player base.

Certainly if this is allowed to continue it will spell the death of the game, because rest assuered it is coming to your Uni soon.......

This is that other perspective being expressed which should not be so easily dismissed . Vulcan brings good point

if you fleetsave and be smart you have a much higher chance of not being crashed. If you’re targeted within hours of someone coming to the universe you either pissed someone off or they discovered you were easy pickings.

Well said. Johocknut

• Honestly if I wanted to waste my money on a game and buy my account, I would be doing exactly what "merge guy" is doing, when your fleet is that big ..... the cost to fly it, to play normally is practically impossible in most universes, it's legal, so if that is how he likes to play so be it.

It will be what 3 months? before he shows up somewhere else, and I'm pretty sure none of the rest of The Ronin Kowboys have anything to worry about, he got his target and looks like he is moving on ..... or he v-mode fleetsaves and in around 40 hours we, well not me I don't have a fleet he would be interested in, but the rest of you, should all be ready for him :thumbsup:

• One thing that has bugged me about this hit, and I'm surprised that not a single Kowboys member has brought it up ...................... and if a GO ex_GO, admin or whoever can provide some clarity on would be awesome.

Scenario -

Player A discovers a bug, he uses that bug to build a massive fleet, which everyone knows is being built to take out one player, Player B, who just happens to have spent a huge amount of real money to buy his account, via legal means, res packs, build speed-ups, merchant whatever ..........

Player A is subsequently banned for using this bug, yes I know we aren't supposed to know but we all know why the account was banned, Player A has paid for DM on his account, so after the required waiting period the account goes to Graveyard.

Now the Question:

Can Player A now move this banned account out of the Graveyard into any universe, and specifically back into the universe where it was originally banned? and would that not be unfair to the universe that the account was originally banned in, not to mention completely unetheical.

Next Question:

If Player A was allowed to move the "banned" account back into the universe that it was banned in, would any subsequent hits against any account in that universe be legal?

Next Question:

If a Banned account is allowed to be moved from Graveyard back into a universe where it was originally banned, what is the point of actually banning the account to begin with?

and lastly:

Can GO's, GA's trace where an account originated from, some have said this account was originally in Quasar, but now the stats for that universe will have no records as when it went to graveyard the stas of the account would have "disappeared", How do we the players in Bella know that we are all protected from accounts that have been banned in own universe. Refering to the previous question, why ban the account in the first place if it can just come back after a required wait time in purgatory ie Graveyard?

In this scenario, I would have an issue with the hit against Tizoc, notwithstandiing he should have fleet saved and whatever, besides that all that, if he was hit by a legitimate account that came from a different universe, so be it so sad, too bad, but if he was hit by a previously banned account (Player A), for ethical reasons I would have a problem with that, and so should every ogame player.

• Guys guys ... Just wanted simple answer and if it can be simple explanation from game admin .

Just very simple. 1 rule protected us with no jump gate using with relocate right ? For what ? Fair play for all .

Why the kind of same rule don't protect us from merge or migration coming ? Both issue are placed same . Relocate / coming from graveyard or other server . Both are relocation based move. Both are DM allowed

Btw this kind of rule would protect both side . Not the only owners .

+Point is , graveyard option is starting to be like marketplace abuse. Graveyard ACC's must go to only original servers who came from. İt is a clear abuse against game with moving to all servers in community.

Edited once, last by WiTcH ().

• Its all very simple, if you cannot merge into a uni outside top 20 then you have to stay where you are, the problem being ogame starting too many new unis the old unis dying off, and these guys with 1,2,3 or 4 bil points have nowhere to go, well they do they should all merge into a uni just for them. the graveyard is useful for when you are forced to merge in uni's that have fleet speeds faster than they have had to play, economy that is less than where they were and the research different, that could be sorted by making all uni's the same, but none of this will ever happen even though it is the simplest solution

• Since when anything has sense in GF minds.For me graveyard had some sense in the beginning,but i must say that option must be reworked.How?With one simple rule.You can't move your account to graveyard in xx days etc.Or you are able to do that once ,even if you go again there you can return only to same server.

The Monster

• I apologize for having been away but real life kept me away from my OGame second job hobby.

That having been said, what even is this thread?!

:blink:

The facts are pretty simple.

There is no attack ban for players coming from the Graveyard.

Ever since players were little nooblets they were told to not leave things sitting and to not be profitable.

Those rules still apply even when you are sitting at the top of the rankings list.

People who forget those rules and leave their toys sitting around because they have grown complacent will have a rude awakening one day.

If a player is able to merge in and immediately crash you - you have probably done something wrong.

Furthermore - if an account comes from within a community and places within the top 20 of the community - they can go anywhere within the community.

Only exception is the universe must be older than 1 year.

So, without having read through two pages of whatever this thread is, I am pretty sure I have hit all the major points here.

Also, yes the idea of a 48 hour attack ban has been forwarded but so far there is no decision.

Until there is a decision, players will need to actively play their accounts which includes actively defending them.

Any further questions?

• I agreed all. But if the rules trying to protect players from some abusements as I said ; 24 hour no jump gate using when you relocate , is this move based same with that ? And is it need to be sort ? İf all legal for graveyard moves , you have to clear rules like no JG use for 24 hours when you relocate. İt is meanless against if all legal for coming from graveyard.

• I agreed all. But if the rules trying to protect players from some abusements as I said ; 24 hour no jump gate using when you relocate , is this move based same with that ? And is it need to be sort ? İf all legal for graveyard moves , you have to clear rules like no JG use for 24 hours when you relocate. İt is meanless against if all legal for coming from graveyard.

Gameforge has not made nor implemented any such decision.

As such, only you can prevent your fleet from being crashed.

:shrug:

• That having been said, what even is this thread?!

:blink:

Good to see you back!

Not a bad thread by Witch. He is trying to raise awareness about implementing 48h protection rule.

Similar to the rule of not being able to use jump gate 24h after relocating for protection.

It was implemented probably after community raised this issue , or maybe it was there from the start. I didn't play at that time.

Will it be implemented? It depends on how many people input their opinions either way.

This type of thread will probably be raised in a future again. And it should. I agree with you about actively defending your account.

why you trying to excuse lazy play? Let it sit, let it get hit. Let's assume two cases here. x1 fleet speed n x6 fleet speed. Let's assume you fleetsave properly and regular res save from planets. In a x1 as long as you're online before any fleet lands and you check your systems its incredibly unlikely you'll get surprised by an attack in the first 24 hours even if he's in the same system. In a x6 don't let your fleet sit. Assuming you're active then what's the problem, check your systems and stay unprofitable. If you're going to be away from the game for more than a couple minutes, fleetsave. It really isn't that difficult. I don't get the insistence of needing protection from graveyard accounts. 90% of them are gonna do nothing. We had one come to Uni 1 for awhile. Top 20 fleeters combined couldn't take him. He could have wreaked havoc. Instead he came out of vmode, probed around for a couple days, didn't see anything worthwhile, wen't in vmode and graveyarded again. The moral of the story, don't worry about it.

• why you trying to excuse lazy play?

not sure about this, our guy has a fleet so big if the next 19 acs'd against him they'd lose. It costs billions in deut to fs. So why fs? No one can hit him, and it'd be a huge waste of deut to fs.

Of course, in hindsight 'no one can hit him' is wrong as it turns out, but we didn't know this.

The thread was started to query the move to a new uni and instantly hit someone. Kewlness has said the 48hr attack ban has been forwarded. And that's all we ask.