Petition for Leave the Event server open.

• We all are enjoying the holiday server very much. We would like it to remain open or perhaps a universe with similar rules to open in the near future. Mainly I can remember when the multiplier servers first came out and made the game more fun and More competitive. This server has given me the best time ever on this game. I've played since 2007, it will be hard for me to go back to the old universe speeds perhaps I may have to quit. If you agree with the words in this petition feel free to BUMP this form. Comments are also welcome :thumbsup:

• While I don't agree in opinion, I like slow unis lol. I'd like to just raise a voice for a similar concern/suggestion.

More player input in uni settings. Cause I'm coming from Cetus uni, and most if not almost ALL are disappointed with the settings there.

• So with the new uni actually revealed, I think my point is stronger than ever.

Can we please have someone else from the team decide on uni settings. This system is just bad.

I'm just the messenger, honest! At least, usually. :P ~Rav3n

The post was edited 1 time, last by Rav3n ().

• It would just go dead probed fastest in history because of the rich Dark Matter players. They would just dominate the UNI killing everyone.

the word was supposed to be probably NOT probed, spell check makes me look stupid

• So with the new uni actually revealed, I think my point is stronger than ever.

Can we please have someone else from the team decide on uni settings. This system is just bad.

I'm just the messenger, honest! At least, usually. :P ~Rav3n

I can pass this along to Gameforge.

Beyond that, it is their game and they decide how they want to run things.

• Yeah, I don't mean it as a personal insult. I just wish we had a system that provided players more input - as it feels now, I've been waiting for a military uni for the better part of 3 months now.

The gameplay I want isn't being provided and I, a simple-minded disgruntled player, simply voice my concern/opinion here.

I have a vision of a vote running perpetually, when X number of players vote for a type of uni such an uni is opened. So players can push for a new uni they want. Obviously I've probably missed some issue with that method too. As I said, simple minded I am :)

• While I don't agree in opinion, I like slow unis lol. I'd like to just raise a voice for a similar concern/suggestion.

More player input in uni settings. Cause I'm coming from Cetus uni, and most if not almost ALL are disappointed with the settings there.

I'm guessing, being cetus a new universe, why the hell you register in there if you are not happy with the settings lol

I'm guessing, being cetus a new universe, why the hell you register in there if you are not happy with the settings lol

Long story short. Like the speed, dislike the "rank 1" for pretty obvious reasons (check cetus CR) and dislike probe storage (as it invites bots) and dislike no ACS (as it guarantees botters/rule abusers safety).

And the other uni I come from is 1x speed, like this new one. I don't like that.

My dream uni currently is a 3-5x even speed uni, with no probe storage, ACS on. And I know at least 30-40 other on discord who wants similarly.

• Given this new universe is slower I suspect the next universe will be faster.

This seems to be a pattern of sorts...

So your wish should be granted in a new universe or two.

However, if your complaint is people will bot or spend massive amounts of DM to get to rank 1, then the server speed will not matter.

• Back to title, just wanted to add that it would be fun to keep this open in all honesty. A friend who left Ogame due to ''boredom'' reasons has now tried this uni and actually is playing more than me!

P.S. And plus the issue of there is no Alerts/ Info in-game to explain that the uni will close, and those innocent non-forum people investing money in a game unknowingly that the server will end is kind of.. odd? Shouldn't there be a countdown or something in game?

• Yes, please do pass that request !

Just so that GF have some inkling what community is seeking. At least player Friend and 40 of his discord contacts. I know they dismissed community input , but still it doesn't hurt to relay information.

P.S. And plus the issue of there is no Alerts/ Info in-game to explain that the uni will close, and those innocent non-forum people investing money in a game unknowingly that the server will end is kind of.. odd? Shouldn't there be a countdown or something in game?

This is very good point.

I know that staff is being overworked during this event , especially since it falls during holidays it's hard to organize everything , but as i see there are players happy with this event and are even engaged by giving input to make it better. That is a true testiment of good work that was done. Hopefully this will get noted and implemented for next events.

I noticed we gained some new players and some that returned after long spell.

There should be more prises for various achievements since there are players with overwhelming advantages ( categorised by top 100, 200 ... ) Something like old unis alliances that have competition for new players in alliance ( most raiding resources total , damage done ... )

That's why it's important to respect opinions of players that are playing 10+ years ,they sustain this community.

P.S. I know there aren't a lot, but I'm sure there are small businesses that would sponsor this type of events.

GF is a successful company , why not reach to contacts that they made in this 15 years. GF could sponsor other small game community. This is prelude to OgameX topic.

Also player Cathedral with many years of experience brought topic of marketing. It's pandemic time many businesses are struggling, but still it's a chance to maybe prosper

( many people now work from home , etc. )

Back to title, just wanted to add that it would be fun to keep this open in all honesty. A friend who left Ogame due to ''boredom'' reasons has now tried this uni and actually is playing more than me!

I know many players doesn't want this type of universes open because of a player base quitting possible future merges and mega accounts.

But maybe this should be looked into, and discussed. GF could find a way to benefit from this in my opinion.

As we can see many would be interesting in playing this type of uni, so community would maybe grow.

It feels like there is dystopian future for Ogame which would be a shame.

Im an advocate for keeping settings as close to original concept as possible.

On the other hand if i were investing i would aim to have segment ( new community ) of this game close to my competitors ( such as OgameX ) .

Why ? Maybe there will be partnership made in future. Who knows.

• Yes please leave this uni open and whoever does not like it there are zillion other universes they can join and play

• When you create an account on this Uni. It's been like 10 years you haven't played and this that it will be closed !

As ever, Communication and Information from GameForge are REALLY NICE DESIGN in the client !
    15 years maybe more without any change about that ! ahah When studios totally forget their first games

• When you create an account on this Uni. It's been like 10 years you haven't played and this that it will be closed !

As ever, Communication and Information from GameForge are REALLY NICE DESIGN in the client !
    15 years maybe more without any change about that ! ahah When studios totally forget their first games

To be fair, it was stated in the initial server announcement that these would be temporary servers.

I'm sure there are other servers with settings that you would like, so I would encourage that you try one of them. Believe me the game has improved a lot over time :)

United For Life

HOFs-270

Advanced HOFs- 70

Super Advanced HOFS - 32
    Rips Killed - 5990

Top 10s- 3

• GF is not only obligate to provide information about the end time, but also obligate to ensure as far as possible that players are aware of this information. Posting on forum and Facebook is necessary but absolutely insufficient. As others have pointed out, some kinds of notice should be displayed on lobby level and in-game purchase interface. A check box for players to accept the special terms and conditions should be helpful.

Legally speaking, GF has the right to terminate the operation of any universe at its discretion (surely, under certain conditions), but it isn't supposed to erase premium accounts and in-game purchase unless the player violates the terms of use.