Replace fleet speed slider with a select box like in older versions

• This new slider doesnt work well some times.. causing fleet to be sent at a speed you don't desire. If not checking it multiple times, it can cause you full fleet loss because you send the fleet at a lower speed ... and you are thinking you sent it correctly .. but no.. that useless slider is bugged and you sent it faster ...

Why not go back to a simple solution as it was before, a simple <select></select> and get rid of that awful slider .... i wonder if the devs behind the game do even have some years of experience or all are just newbies ...

i swear that sometimes i think this game is only run by 1-2 devs teams and thats it... the feedback to users is just awful or almost nonexistent

Edited 2 times, last by F0rsaken ().

• i swear that sometimes i think this game is only run by 1-2 devs teams and thats it...

TEAMS?!!

I thought it was deved by a single evil genius. Get us all hooked 10 years ago, crank up the fleetloss inducing bugs but then introduce pay to get fleet back features.

#BusinessPlan

Arcane
    :spamshield:

• While we wait for a fix, I suggest you that you don't move mouse over the slider after you press "Send fleet." In the second or two while the page is loading, you can still change value of the slider and the fleet is sent with that (unwanted) speed.

• tried not hovering cursor over that fcking slider .. still get fleet send at wrong speed sometimes ...

yea yea its always user mistake .. because this game is so flawlessly developed and tested ... such a nonsense

• They should just give us old ogame back or atleast a server in English with it. I miss the skins you could use

does not matter how many times you quit you always come back to ogame

• I'm not sure how well any changes are actually being tested before being unleashed on us, just looking at the last 2 updates we have had to endure

Update x - PTS on x date, 7 days later a new version goes live on PTS and 7 days later it gets unleashed on us

Update z - PTS on X date, next day it's unleashed on us,

I'm sure if I actually had to go back I would find a similiary short period between "upgrades" going live on the PTS and them being unleashed on us, how many testers are there on the PTS, is there even enough players to provide proper feedback, is their level of activity suficient that such short periods after they go live on the PTS to catch any issues or bugs, now I'm not going to pretend that I know much about how programs etc are developed and what is sufficient time for testing to occur, just find it a bit wierd that in Business when new versions or programs are released they are in testing for atleast a few weeks and most a few months before they are rolled out to us the consumer .... now I'm not refering to the rare hard to replicate bugs (if you press a and y togther and tap the space tab while scratcing your nose the screen goes blank) but the easy to replicate common bugs that happen to everyone all the time.

Thank you Marley :hi:

• I guess the features that matter most are the ones that most directly make money. All others they just fudge through the PTS, as we have seen and suffered. I agree with replacing the slider with something else at least.

im pretty sure someone from the staff clearly said that its working and that its just OUR mistake

Whoever said all issues are user mistakes is blatantly wrong.