Merge Discussion

• Thanks for all the answers, I just have 2 more questions:

I read that when you move your account, it activates Vacation mode temporarily until you log on for the first time, then it deactivates automatically. What happens to buildings/research in progress when this happens; do they get canceled, do they pause, or do they just continue even though you have Vmode active?

I read that when you move your account, it activates Vacation mode temporarily until you log on for the first time, then it deactivates automatically? If this is so, what happens to buildings/research in progress when this happens; do they get canceled, do they pause, or do they just continue even though you have Vmode active?

Everything is paused .... except your fleets which return to where they were sent from, and you decide when to exit v-mode iit's not automtic

Thank you Marley :hi:

• So please let me understand atlas will merge with one of the targeted unis ? Like from rank 1 i will be top 100? Is this for real ?? :)) well u just lost yourselfs a big piggy bank provider :)) good luck

I am telling that all the time. This is so wrong. If they merged , Atlas, Belinda and 3 more universes that were opened in last 400 days it would be fine. Like this they are killing game.

Just my 2 cents, coming from someone that fought (or whined and complained a lot depending on your point of view) to save our uni (Dorado) during the first round of mergers we went through in 2020, and then again for this round...you really need to get the whole uni involved and actively participating in discussions about merges before they happen. If it's just one or two people raising a fuss, it doesn't really pop up on the radar. But if you can get players to actually come onto the forums to voice their concerns en masse it does seem to help. The problem is getting this younger generation of players past their dislike of using forums...everyone wants to use Discord and that doesn't work for these conversations.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease as they say...

In my opinion, after looking at the stats/ranks/points for players in these "newer" unis, they'd be better off coming to Dorado if that was an option for them, provided of course they were willing to play in legacy settings (1x FLT/ECO/RES). It would maintain some semblance of competitiveness as the point spreads are pretty similar between Dorado and these "newer" unis.

However, they'd probably hate our 1x FLT/ECO/RES legacy settings. Dorado historically fights vehemently to keep those settings in place and we rally against anyone that dares to try and change the settings. And most of us would quit rather than play in a speed uni which is why Dorado has been able to maintain a fairly decent activity level.

Even though Dorado started in 2018...our points are more aligned with Xanithippe, Ymir, Zenith, Atlas, and Belinda due to their start dates and progression with their respective ECO speeds. Just a snippet of the top 3 in total points from each:

Dorado:

1 PAGAN [WCKD] 194 321 455

2 Brutal Thanatos [WCKD] 169 430 126

3 priest [INDUS] 159 356 642

Xanithippe:

1 Sage [Abyss] 286 321 050

2 Nobel [Abyss] 142 393 574

3 Hyena [Abyss] 116 031 651

Ymir:

1 Punish Yourself [NODM] 169 437 421

2 Bigapp [LTAN] 131 636 946

3 damaged1 (V) [WC4N] 60 394 475

Zenith;

1 OzzY [TON] 321 230 953

2 octopus [TON] 220 685 336

3 Overmind (V I) [TON] 212 544 287

Atlas:

1 GoLLum [MoFsE] 151 017 432

2 Bandit Leto [MoFsE] 92 718 287

3 Imoralu [MoFsE] 79 960 852

Belinda:

1 ItaliansDoItBetter [ADL] 76 362 506

2 Budda [SoS] 69 082 351

3 Eimetal (V I) 60 445 872

• kewlness i don't want to play in any of the target unis i actually moved accounts from 3 of those unis already now i'm being forced into playing there i realize there isn't many options available but come on this was the best GF could come up with its totally BS and you know it as well as the rest of us

i share the same sentiments as others here a 4-month-old uni being merged with those that have been around for years goddam quantum alone has accounts that are ten years old at least no amount of skill will allow a 76m point acct catch a 7.3B account there's no fairness there

rank means nothing to me i play as a miner for fun i ain't chasing anyone but i get why some people aren't happy about this

also, GF saying no to earth being used as a target uni is fine but they should create an empty uni for those who don't want to play the current target list you know let the players decide where they want to go and those that haven't moved by the end get put into the empty uni just an idea probably been mentioned before but thought id get it off my chest too it seems a littler fairer than the options currently being forced on us

just to make myself clear i agree with merges i just don't agree with how it's being done and the options available i might have missed it but was the player base asked what unis they thought would be good target unis before GF decided although im sure every player would say the uni they play in but at least there would be some sort of data input from the players that Gf could have considered

i don't know where i will go because both my main accts are exodus unis and i don't want to play in any of the target unis

B0MBH3AD
    IE001927879_MT.jpg

• Shhh you no-one wants to come to the Retirementverse .......

Just kidding Hi Cathedral hunny bunny :love:

I read that when you move your account, it activates Vacation mode temporarily until you log on for the first time, then it deactivates automatically. What happens to buildings/research in progress when this happens; do they get canceled, do they pause, or do they just continue even though you have Vmode active?

• Wreckage is transferred
    • Debris fields are not transferred
    • Active boosters and bonuses will be transferred (this includes any daily import/export bonus)
    • Messages will be erased
    • Chats will be erased
    • Buddies and ignored people will be erased
    • Building/research queues will be transferred and adjusted to the new server speed
    • Alliances are not copied. If a leader of an alliance leaves, it will be transferred to the right hand person, or if there is none, to the oldest member
    • Selecting a target manually and transferring to a target server earlier provides a reward. All commanding staff will be active in the target server for as long as the exodus phase is active
    • All moving fleets are recalled instantly (Deuterium fuel costs will not be refunded!)

I think that covers it all.

:hmm:

• just to make myself clear i agree with merges i just don't agree with how it's being done and the options available i might have missed it but was the player base asked what unis they thought would be good target unis before GF decided although im sure every player would say the uni they play in but at least there would be some sort of data input from the players that Gf could have considered

There was a discussion about it:

Community discussion/involvement in the upcoming merges?

...and there were vocal players from different unis that expressed their concerns and it appears that they were heard. The thing is, if you're not participating in these conversations beforehand, your voices aren't heard. Gotta rally the troops and get players involved or decisions get made for you. Not to say GF will listen, but it does appear to have worked for Dorado, twice now actually.

• I guess your only option is to go inactive and wait the 60 days to merge to the graveyard.

That will provide you some freedom to decide where you want to play in the future.

I am afraid I do not have a better solution for you.

Like I said, there is a lot of calculus on the Gameforge side to decide these things.

And in terms of past merges, I think this is one of the better merges ORG has had in a very long time.

Of course, I understand people disagreeing when looking from their point of view but from a larger picture perspective, I am not sure it gets any better than this.

The problem with every universe being unique is it makes it difficult to merge it in the future.

And as a former staff member, you know how overworked we are trying to keep up with one universe, let alone the, what, 25 or so universes we have now.

I am sorry you feel there is not an adequate merge target for your accounts.

• Shhh you no-one wants to come to the Retirementverse .......

Just kidding Hi Cathedral hunny bunny :love:

But Dorado is perfect and pure...the way oGame was originally meant to be played :). Players just need to learn the art of patience...all good things come to those who wait.

And you do have an account there that you've ignored.

Are you in the graveyard? Looking for a new uni with a relaxed pace? Come to Dorado!

• Kewless i am speaking about the difference of points between the ranks you not liking me we know that allready :)) but think of the people under me they will enter newbie protection in the merge and they are top 50 here lolz :)) so i dont see how this is fair. As for piggy bank i was reffering to officers and mine booster plus other stuff not buying packages :) . Without me and other players like me gameforge wouldnt have the money to keep this game and that means without people like me you wouldnt be here :) so i pay your tickets you should speak nice with me :). Nobody from atlas will merge to the new uni so u lost the entire atlas good luck . I speak in the name of Atlas.

i gotta say..this is extremely funny

YOU built your account with packages in a matter of first 2-3 weeks of uni

and you found it hilarious that ppl ran away

then u tried to trade your #1 acc and were surprised you were offere same points-range instead of same rank-range

so yeah, i bet you do speak in the name of Atlas

or whats left of it

'Stalno u kafani..ja sam nesto poput sanka'

'Zaboravljamo heroje i junake,pamtimo samo loše likove'

• So please let me understand atlas will merge with one of the targeted unis ? Like from rank 1 i will be top 100? Is this for real ?? :)) well u just lost yourselfs a big piggy bank provider :)) good luck

I was top1 in one of the Swedish unis, picked vega and top200. And from 0 probes to 20-100/day. It took some adjustment time to the new fleet speed. Now I'm just a boring miner :)

• Ignored is such a strong word ...... and we both know I'm anything but patient :tongue3: I have tried really really ......

• i guess i missed that boat then :D

i get it man Gf will do what Gf thinks is right even if the players think otherwise and i know how busy you guys are and for the most part, you are doing a great job i ain't taking that away from you by any means

i am pretty frustrated atm with the options available and i was just voicing those concerns i also feel for those players with small accounts who are going to be forced into the big pool when they clearly aren't ready

once i do some research im sure ill find a suitable place for myself hell i might end up back in quantum we shall see perhaps one of my accts will languish in the graveyard until a suitable place is found for it who knows

anyway, thanks for recognizing my concerns and don't work too hard surely it's time for a beer or 3 ;)

B0MBH3AD
    IE001927879_MT.jpg

• You should be glad of that: with a merge setted like that with such few targets, all the target universe needs to be with 7+ galaxies to have the chance to contain all the possible players from exodus universes, in other words, if they had to put another target instead of volans, would not be Quasar with only 5 galaxies but Cygnus which is also 4x fleet speed

• what exactly were you looking for then? There's one of each fleet speed there...I think they're all x7 or x8 eco...

• i wasn't expecting a merge and i wasn't expecting unis being 18years old (u1), 10yrs old (quantum), 9yrs old (vega) etc, set as target unis its all good i think ive figured out what ill do

B0MBH3AD
    IE001927879_MT.jpg

• Hey guys!

Just want to draw attention to some issues with the recently announced merges!

At the end of last year / the beginning of 2022 Gameforge started to shut down a lot of the smaller communities. This was a sad decision already, although somewhat understandable.

They gave us a decent choice of unis to merge into which was nice.

Imho it would only be logic to assume that they're only offering us servers which they intend to keep as target unis in the long run. I merged over from the Finnish community and chose one of the unis with the intention to play and stay there for the next couple of years!

But of course, GF decides to close this unis 3-4 months later! Are you kidding me? This doesn't make any sense at all. Sadly it's typical for GF, it's just one of many bad decisions they made over all of this years and it will certainly help to keep the servers running smoothly - because nobody will play anymore besides the metal pack cashers lol.

GOOD JOB GF, as usual.

I know this topic won't change anything because GF doesn't give a sh*t about player feedback, but there's at least a little bit of hope. Please don't force us to merge again!

To all the fellow Sombrero players and the people of the Finnish community, good luck wherever you go. :smile2:

• Of all the complaints I have seen, this one in my mind is the most legitimate.

I wish they had offered the players in the communities which merged into ORG the same targets they offered now.

I honestly have no idea why it was done the way it was.

However, there is a good side which does come from all of this:
    Once you merge to one of these universes you will not need to merge again as these universes are not going anywhere anytime soon.

• Merge targets are chosen very well and rational. No one should really complain, but hey, this is oGame community and complaining is its in DNA :)

It seems to me that most of the people complaining are the ones from dead unis... Playing in such unis is not playing - it's idling. I know well because I'm in a uni with 4 (yes, FOUR) active players waiting for a merge to happen (it didn't yet). That's not real oGame. Without merges and the chance to get into active and vibrant unis, the whole game would become pointless.

• Merge targets are chosen very well and rational. No one should really complain

I somewhat agree. The target servers for x1, x2, x3, x5 and x6 makes sense, those are normal servers. The problem I see is for players on x4 speed. They are forced to go to a chaos uni or change their flight speed, this is bad. In my opinion, a normal server with x4 speed should have been selected as a target, Cygnus or Quasar would make sense. Volans shouldn't even have been a part of this merge.