General Feedback v9 Lifeforms

• Hi All,

Thought we could use this thread to discuss general feedback.

Perhaps do your best to keep it positive and constructive so we can hopefully end up with the best version release possible. :thumbsup:

There is in every one of us, even those who seem to be most moderate, a type of desire that is terrible, wild, and lawless.”

.:stick:.

• Cillidan

Changed the title of the thread from “General Feedback v9 LifeForms” to “General Feedback v9 Lifeforms”.
  • can someone tell me if there is a bug with food or how it's supposed to work

i've raided billions and transported to another col but it just seems to randomly disappear

thehammer
    NBT til i die

• not a feedback related to v9 per se

but is it possible to have the board link in the footer

go to this page instead of origin board?

AvOZINI.png

Vreme će proći pa moći će svi da vide

Kako stojimo ponosni, večni ko piramide

• Excellent thread Cillidan!

I don't know if this is exactly like origin board was. If it is as I understand origin board was frequently seen/participated by Ogame team,devs.

Hopefully it will be like that. I have nothing against Prongs but it's easier to have direct communication.

Positive feedback:

not really related to lifeform, just wanted to commend reward idea on Bermuda for dm and resources. It went through without trouble for me. Thanks!

Edit:

can someone tell me if there is a bug with food or how it's supposed to work

i've raided billions and transported to another col but it just seems to randomly disappear

I think you just need to level up Biosphere farm or residential sector until it's not red anymore and it will show whatever you had. If I understood your problem correctly.

• Long post here, but this comes after a few days of messing around with the new content.

I enjoy this content and believe it will add a lot to the game, but there are some issues that need to be addressed.

-----

1. Lifeform Balance

The Rock'tal are the clear winners with the current state of the game. The mining boosts they offer are substantial, and they are the only lifeforms that have buildings to reduce the cost of other buildings.

Now, I have no issue with cost reduction, but Rock'tal can reduce the cost of their buildings, and can reduce the cost of any building involved with resource production (like mines).

This is a clear gap that puts Rock'tal far above the other offerings. However I don't think cost reduction should be removed, as cost-reduction will help accounts of various sizes get further into this new content and creates new approaches to playing the game.

Rather, I believe each lifeform should have a similar building to reduce the cost of the respective species buildings and should have another building reducing the cost of the playstyle they lean towards.

An example of what I would do:

For Humans:

• Merge the Food Silo and Biotech Labs
    • Merge Skyscraper and Metropolis
    • Add in a building similar to the Rock'tal's Megalith to reduce cost of Human Species buildings.
    • Add in a building that reduces the building cost of Energy, Storage, and all Facilities buildings.

For Mechas:

• Merge High-Performance Transformer and Chip Mass Production
    • Merge Mircochip Assembly Line and Production Assembly Hall
    • Add in a building similar to the Rock'tal's Megalith to reduce cost of Mecha Species buildings.
    • Add in a building that reduces the cost of building any ships, missiles, and defenses.

For Kaelesh:

• Merge Cloning Laboratory and Chrysalis Accelerator
    • Add in a building similar to the Rock'tal's Megalith to reduce cost of Kaelesh Species buildings.
    • Replace Ship Manufacturing Hall with a building that reduces the cost of research.

I just don't see much value in the +Food or -Food Cost buildings. People can just build the farms up to a higher level if needed. Use those slots for something more appealing long term like the -building cost. Once people get things unlocked, I don't believe most are going to care much about population/food.

Now, that's just an idea I had. But its done under the idea that if this launched as is, you'd be seeing many with a good understanding of the game working towards Rock'tal given the massive impact the building cost reduction will have. -80% cost for mines is massive, and the other lifeforms need something similar to be competitive.

------

2. Lifeform Technology RNG

So, let me quickly break down how Lifeform tech works. Take a look at the attached "lifeform tech" picture. Now keep in mind that lifeform tech levels are planet specific, but the boost from them are applied account wide and can stack for each planet that has that tech. So if I have 10 levels of a +metal tech that nets me +3% metal production, and I have that at level 10 on 15 planets, then I get +45% metal production on all of my planets.

There are 3 tiers of techs, each with 6 tech slots. In any of those tech slots, you may either slot your lifeform's tech in that slot, or you can randomly roll for one from any of the races you have unlocked so far. You can see this in the "tech slot 2" picture.

So, if you want to really customize your tech tree, you have to get lucky when randomly rolling for a tech in a certain slot if its not your lifeforms tech. You can't reroll just that one slot if you get something you don't want, rather you have to reroll the entire tier and try again.

You may freely reroll each tier every few days, or you can pay DM to instantly reroll. And if you really want to customize this, you will need a lot of luck, time, or DM to get the exact techs you desire in each slot.

I am not the biggest fan of micro-transactions, but I believe it would be much more appealing if we could just pay DM to select a specific tech in each slot rather than the only DM option being to reroll the entire tier again. Just scale the cost up with each slot, so slot 1 cost 10k dm, slot 5 cost 50k dm, and so on.

-----

3. This update further depreciates the value of all existing Resource Boosters in the shop.

The gains from various techs and buildings for resource production is massive. I know a balance patch is incoming to lower and cap values, but even if values are halved, it will still heavily deflate the value of the boosters in the shop.

As is, it will be quite easy to 3-4x production with all of the boosts available. So if I'm getting +300% production from all of the lifeform boosts, why would I want to spend a large sum to acquire +40% boosters?

Even before lifeforms, the metal package meta heavily deflated the value of boosters. Why pay 255-300k for a 90 day +40% booster for a single planet when I can get as much metal instantly at a fraction of the cost from 1-2 metal packages?

• There are still some missing/wrong things with 9.0.0-beta11

For example, ship details in shipyard section are shown wrong when lifeform techs are taken into account depending on if you are on moon or on planet.

Let me show you screenshots and explain:

First image is from moon and the second is from planet. The third is how much 1 recycler collected from leaving moon and planet

• "-Fixed a bug where the galaxy shortcut for debris fields didn't acknowledge the cargo space bonification for recyclers"

This seems not fixed because I had issue. I sent Recyclers from planet while on the galaxy view, of course debris field shortcut told me to send specific number (let's say 24) and I clicked "send".

Then I went back to moon to phalanx some players. When I checked messages, I got this:

The cargo capacity seems to got lower when I switched to moon even though I sent recyclers from the planet.

I did second tour for remaining debrises, sent fleet from planet, stayed on the planet the whole time, and everything seemed to work as it should be.

• ajanga

The moon is not getting benefits from the planet buildings, or from race level bonuses, because it has no buildings and no population.

In some cases it makes no sense at all, e.g. fleet speed bonus from planet is kind of useless, so that issue was reported. But that's the current reason for the difference you are observing.

• ajanga

The moon is not getting benefits from the planet buildings, or from race level bonuses, because it has no buildings and no population.

In some cases it makes no sense at all, e.g. fleet speed bonus from planet is kind of useless, so that issue was reported. But that's the current reason for the difference you are observing.

The issue is, I launched recs from planet, switched to moon before collecting, and they collected as if there were no tech upgrades were taken into account.

In another instance, both fleets from moon and planet collected same amount of debris (as if lifeform techs and buildings were taken into account)

Calculation gets weird sometimes. It is not totally fixed. It behaves as it wants.

• The moon / planet difference is the building and race modifiers.

No tech effects at all usually was the result of population being over the cap disabling it. Not sure if that's possible in the latest update. A good catch and something to watch out for.

• The moon / planet difference is the building and race modifiers.

No tech effects at all usually was the result of population being over the cap disabling it. Not sure if that's possible in the latest update. A good catch and something to watch out for.

Population might have been red, not sure, but it was not over the cap because food production number is under living space number and every second, population drops after version update.

• Performance of the game is too low for me. Doing anything takes 30-50 seconds.

Can it be because I have maybe over 600 techs in lifeforms?

I tried to see if it is the same for new accounts and opened a new one and anything can be done in 1 second.

If live servers would be like this, it is not acceptable.

• Server is dead. It takes minutes to click anything. If you want people to test lifeform, at least increase the performance.

Sometimes 300+ people gets online, thousands even tens of thousands clicks are made in seconds.

• Server is dead. It takes minutes to click anything. If you want people to test lifeform, at least increase the performance.

Sometimes 300+ people gets online, thousands even tens of thousands clicks are made in seconds.

server performance has been okay for me. A little slower than normal but usually 2-3 seconds

• Yea , the server performance has gone down past couple days , but today is the worst , litterally cant do anything , i have 40s delay or anything and on top of that for some weird reason every single fleet i send vanishes upon reaching destination with no messages or anything .

• I have been looking at this screen since last 10 mins.

I went back to overview (which took 5 mins to load), came back to rewards, which also took 5 mins to load (which even not totally loaded)

Doing anything is almost impossible, I cant do anything but click overview and wait 5 mins to load, and just stare at the screen.

I did Ctrl+Shift+R

No extensions

Cleared even %temp%

Tried using VPN

Tried 4 different browsers

• Hello!

After a long break and return back to Bermuda, I came up with some thoughts how to "fix" new patch. Any of points are just preliminary and more or less general and also subject to change. I would also like to read what you think.

I think general idea is good, it just needs complete redesign. I think the current state is unbalanceable, at least if all the boosts are not nerfed down to a fraction of a percent. There are too many variables that are interdependent; scaling problem will remain no matter what. In order for better gameplay (and not a parallel minigame or just another chore i.e. waste of time) I came up with few core ideas how to change things.

LIFEFORM DEVELOPMENT

First of all, Lifeform research should be general (like normal Research is). The same "talent tree" remains — it is just universal: you can upgrade it from any planet and it also applies to all of the planets. The "random" nonsense should be removed: you simply choose your researches from all possible (active) species, but in order to change them or change one tier you have to wait 1, 2, 3… days or pay that Dark Matter. (All upgrades are saved, like it is now.) Also, specific Lifeform research is active only when a population of required species (and required tier and number of course) is alive on any planet (that means you have to have every species on at least one planet if you want to unlock all possible combinations) and also they have to be alive (when population dies after an attack, for example, the research is no longer active up until you grow your population back).

This way, there are no stacking problems in research because you have only one Lifeform research tree. It also allows you to quickly change your tree (hence more dynamic gameplay), but you have to wait increasing amout of time or pay increasing amout of Dark Matter to change again. It also insentivize players to have all species active, not just the best one (the most broken one). Maybe number of active species on different planets (for example: 10 Rock'tal species out of 14 planets overall) should increase percentage (boost to all respective researches) instead of the species levels that you get from experience (which is just a waste of time).

Because there is only one Lifeform research tree, maybe there should be one more row or combine similar effects into one. But some similar effects from different species, like it is now, should remain, so you can specialize in mining, fleeting, etc.

That also solves, I think, the problem with boost for ships (among others). Speed boost would not be so game breaking since it would be similar as Combustion Drive, Impulse Drive, and Hyperspace Drive — just another variable that is seen in spy report. Similarly, certain ship boost (like "Light Fighter Mk II") would also not be a problem because they are general: if a player has them in their Lifeform research tree it would be always visible in spy reports (by spying just one planet). On that note, I don't see a problem with changing Lifeform research you can disguise your fleet speed — it is just another aspect of the game. But diminishing returns or scaling cost for changing the Lifeform research tree, especially for Dark Matter, should be high enough to discourage even bigger whales from changing it every hour.

LIFEFORM BUILDINGS

That brings us to Lifeform Buildings. If Lifeform research should be general, Lifeform Buildings should be local. That means all the buildings that gives general buffs (to research, "High-Performance Transformer" for example) should be removed.

I don't have exact answer with what they should be replaced with, but I think buildings' effect should always stay local (to that co-ordinate: planet/moon) so we can avoid all the confusion when spying another player (so we don't have to spy all of the planets). And to be honest, the player him or herself will also be less confused what's active and what are the boosts.

I don't see a problem with food or with bizarre population growth — they are just another resource. But it should be utilized for something. Like I wrote above: healthy and alive population should activate their respective Lifeform research (of their respective tier and also their respective species, for that matter).

I must add, cost of changing Lifeform species on a planet should stay free. But it does not change or reset Lifeform research; it just changes Lifeform Buildings.

That's the main thing. With proposed changes in mind, I think Liferoms would make a worthy addition to the game without being too gimmicky and, to be honest, boring. I have more specific ideas, but they don't make sense if you don't agree with my proposition.

Tell me what you think and take care!

Edited once, last by Xenomorph ().

• There are some weird things going on with lifeforms and planets.

As can be seen on screenshot, same amount of Recs (leaving from the same planet) collected different amount of debris.

I should note that, before second fleet of Recs collected debris, I was checking another planet.

Could it be the reason?

• since the update things have gotten really expensive and take an ungodly amount of time to complete. LOL. The res amounts is in trillions. Looks lie it will only take me around 4,510 years or so to complete this to level 31. hahaahahahahh