Combat Sim

• Origin Team,

One of my main concerns for V9 is something another user (Disty) highlighted on the official Ogame discord.

Current combat sim' post V9 will not have all the necessary functions due to all the new combat variables that are coming alongside V9.

There are many new variables to take into accounts from Lifeform functions such as individual ships stat boost, defences stat boosts, overall wsa boosts and other flight cost/time factors.

Without knowing that current sims like TrashSim - OGame combat simulator developed by Warsaalk are going to be fully updated and be fully functional I worry for the state of fleeting in the game.

While experienced fleeters could take a good old stab at the rough amount of ships needed etc like the old days I feel the amount of numbers involved will make fleeting far less accessible for new users as no 'normal' human will be able to accurately calculate all the current variables plus the new variables to take the least losses and most profit.

My Questions:

Will the current 3rd party sim developers have all the support they need to update and function their combat sims?

Is it time perhaps Ogame has an official in-built sim to make fleeting more accessible to the wider community?

Does having 3rd party sims only and not in-built functions negate the mobile app because people will have to open their browsers anyway?

There is in every one of us, even those who seem to be most moderate, a type of desire that is terrible, wild, and lawless.”

.:stick:.

• Thx for acknowledgment. :love:

Judging by previous v7 experience it will take a few months for third party dev to get simm right. And it will not make it correctly entirely. It is still wrong in loading techs, flight time and fuel consumption.

Thx Warsaalk for your all good work but I think it is past time GF steps up its game and makes CRUCIAL feature built in game itself.

P.S While we are at it expand commander queue for v9 to at least 10 and more buildings/researches. Definitely it will encourage more dm expenditures for that officer.

I dont see any good reason against both things, in the end it can only bring more profits

• The sim doesn't work even now on servers, the flight time isn't calculated properly, deut consuption as well.

I hope devs won't develop anything for this version, let's be real, if there aren't 3rd party tools ppl wouldn't even play this.

Goodbye old friend.

It has been a good run (2005ish - 2020).

• I don't think any of the tools will be updated anytime soon. Atm no API doesn't have any of the new things implemented. I certainly won't update my API-Reader anymore as to this date the alliance stuff still isn't implemented into the API.

https://nomoreangel.de/api-rea…6c85d92a0602f9b&rawOut=on <--- from Bermuda

https://s801-en.ogame.gameforge.com/api/localization.xml <--- localization missing all the new things

Signatur

• Well, for starters, I'm still alive lol.

As for the update to V9, I've been thinking about this a lot lately.

I don't want to let the the community, of course, but it's not an easy process.

My current free time and resources are limited compared to 10 years ago, when I started building these tools.

More specifically I probably won't be able to develop anything until late august.

The few times that I actually had contact with GF, which was already very scares, was not really positive at the end, for example with the MCO update.

For which I created the following post: We're being left in the dark, a point of criticism, a complaint.

I've also spent hours and hours for my latest update to fix the bounce effect, without any help, feedback or appreciation from GF whatsoever.

So I hope that you can understand that my energy and enthusiasm to continue this project is not very high.

Just so you know, I'm not talking about the hard working community managers & admins ofc, they're awesome!

I've had positive contact with some of them lately, we'll see if it has a positive effect.

Last but not least, as I don't have much time, I won't be able to search for all the new formula's myself.

I'm talking about the different combinations of classes etc, for calculating flight time, fuel consumption, ...

If anyone has the time to create a full document that contains all the needed formula's, that'd make the life of a developer much easier and safe a lot of time.

It is a must before I'd even consider updating TrashSim, else it'd be an impossible task.

+ the API stuff NoMoreAngel is referring to is also crucial.

Grtz

• Thank you.

I'm sure Prongs will sort this out so we will be prepared for v9 when it launches since it is the only relevant sim.

Goodbye old friend.

It has been a good run (2005ish - 2020).