How to deal with unnecessary agression?

• Hi Ogame-forum people,

A friend of mine (±1.500.000 points) is constantly attacked with interplanetary missiles by a much stronger player (±400.000.000 points). The purpose is not to lower the defence so resources can be stolen, but just to be annoying and harass him.

Lately he has received also threats that his other planets will be targeted next.

Is there anything he can do to stop a player with 250x his amount of points?

Regards

• Nuke, bash and MD them when they're offline, stop their progress. The bigger sharks will feed off of that and they'll back off.

Don't let the game play you, instead of that Vmode fleetsave and play the game whenever you want.

• Quite often, the sort of aggression you are describing is a result of the aggressor being annoyed by something the 'victim' has done. If it is clearly not for gain (and actually quite often I hear people say that someone is "only attacking for x amount of resources" when they do not realise that if they are just one of several attacks that day then they are going to be adding to a nice profit in the end, or in fact their perception of how little they leave on their planet is wrong and they feel that it is only little whereas even I would be tempted to launch at what they've left out, and I am a miner who really never attacks active players).

I would suggest that you look at the planet they target and leave nothing on it at all, and while you are off line, turn off your production and do not build defence. Do this for a few days and you'll probably find the player will get bored and move on. I would not send him any messages or retaliate in any way.

Prickly Thorn.....

Thanks to Morlorv and Blackmass for this sig

madheadshrinker 18.01.2015 13:49:32
    You actually are insane

• There's a very effective way to deal with this kind of players, but it's a bit radical and might require quite a lot of work by the "victim" to adjust his account to the new situation.

In short: no defenses, no sats, no crawlers, nothing on the planet.

It's not even necessary to point out that such a setup poses a unique set of problems, but it's nothing that can't be dealt with.

1) moon all your planets (trade, buy shots, whatever)

2) pump up power plants and energy tech, don't be shy to use fusion, you'll need it.

3) scrap sats, defenses and crawlers (if any); you can leave a small shield dome if you're afraid of probe / cargo raids.

4) the cargos will stay on the moon, along with what small fleet you might want to leave there; twice a day, you deploy on planet, load res, deploy on moon.

At this point, you are free to retaliate the way you want. The aggressor - literally - can't do anything to you, because there's nothing to destroy with ipms or recycle. But you can retaliate at will.

uni1.en - Supernoob

• 1 at 1.5kk points ur mines are uselles and daily prod is non existant comparing to expo gains depanding on uni size , go disco build cargos reserch expo forget about production and defences so worry not about 400kk guy ipming ur mate its not gona do anything to you anyway

send expo, save up daily import/export untill u have dentroids for total of 16hours or 8 depanding on nanites u gona build so u can do graviton in few clicks and not risk loosing sats then scrap all

farm expo spend ress on rips , drop one colony or reserch astro for extra so you can mobile in his system/s and MD his moons when offline - do this for a week, dude literlly gona get annoyed as hell as everytime he sleeps his moon gona go - doesnt matter that he can replace it in 2sec probe shots, - at 400kk points he probly got abit of ress invested in moon development, thats gona hurt af

its worth to let some big boys in ur uni know that are not his friends that thay could possiby be interested in lanxing his planet you about to MD, chances are his doing 2way fs so there it is.

its a war game, doing nothing is not an option....

• its worth to let some big boys in ur uni know that are not his friends that thay could possiby be interested in lanxing his planet you about to MD, chances are his doing 2way fs so there it is.

its a war game, doing nothing is not an option....

Depends how you want to play the game. I've never seen it as a war game. For me it's an empire building game, and sometimes, even if you do see it as a war game, there are always occasions when doing nothing is actually the wisest path to take, to avoid escalation, for example. I'm a bit of a marshmallow though, so I'm always going to choose the least aggressive course of action. :shrug::smile2:

Prickly Thorn.....

Thanks to Morlorv and Blackmass for this sig

madheadshrinker 18.01.2015 13:49:32
    You actually are insane

• Quite often, the sort of aggression you are describing is a result of the aggressor being annoyed by something the 'victim' has done.

Yeah Saturos are you sure your mate hasn't done something like this: what can i do against bullies? it's well summed up in a post by Joker

That player harassed the 2 "bullies" before it turned into what it has, most sensible large players do not attack smaller players without a reason (of course there are exceptions), they got a bigger fish to fry.

General rule of thumb would be not to ask for attention unless you are prepared to deal with it.

• Quite often, the sort of aggression you are describing is a result of the aggressor being annoyed by something the 'victim' has done.

Yeah Saturos are you sure your mate hasn't done something like this: what can i do against bullies? it's well summed up in a post by Joker

That player harassed the 2 "bullies" before it turned into what it has, most sensible large players do not attack smaller players without a reason (of course there are exceptions), they got a bigger fish to fry.

General rule of thumb would be not to ask for attention unless you are prepared to deal with it.

i agree with this, as an older player, i havent seen many cases where a large account (20x+ bigger) will attack a small account for no profit. worst case just vmode and hope they forget.

• Hey guys,

Im going to leave my 2cents here because im dealing with a player that is exactly like the ones that complain they are bullied :D

this dude, attacked one of my ally mates and close friend for little profit, mostly to get off of killing sats so he got my attention.

I knew his on/off times so killed the moon where i had last seen his fleet, he had his full fleet on colony save so the result is here ::

ACS Top 10 - [TOT: 18.397.248.000] evilrashta [OPA] & Purger [OPA] vs. Avalolitesvara [Red Hand] (A: 3.004.626.000, D: 15.392.622.000)

Do you guys know what he did next ?

he relocated all his planets near my 2 deploys, ipm'd my defences and launched MD's while i slept and then v-moded

then he repeats this every 10 days or so, comes out of vmode, ipms away, kills one moon, cause he's so lame he can't even kill them both and goes in vmode before i can retaliate...

Now i ask you guys, what do you think i'm going to do if he ever comes out of v-mode ?

and what if he comes on the board after having all his defences wiped, moons killed and fleet recycled and complains about my bullying ?

his actions don't worry me at all, moons are easily replaced, defence is a waste anyway, so the money he's spending to buy res for ipms, cause he can't produce the res in v-mode, goes to GF to keep our game running... I don't loose my sleep over it, but think twice when you see someone complaining about bullying on the boards... that someone might just be as deranged as this dude :D

Have fun playing!