Implement a “Flea Market” in oGame

• This will be an addition to the “Import/Export”. Just like you have 2 tabs in the “Resource Market”, I’d like to add another tab to “Import/Export” and actually make an “Export” option. This new tab should be called "Flea Market".

I have a lot in my inventory that I’ll never use, found on expeditions or from the “Import” option, but not wanting to spend the DM to get the item exchanged to something else, also at random.

Players should be able to put these items up on a “Flea Market” to be sold for DM. Say that I have 10 “Energy Booster Bronze” that I don’t want a thing to do with. I would put these 10 items on the Flea at say 2.500 DM a piece (Supply and Demand will determine the price). Say that GF takes 5% of the 2.500 DM, that’s 125 DM to GF and 2.375 DM to me.

This will be a great way to get rid of inventory that I don’t use anyway. It’ll make it a lot easier for people who can’t afford to buy DM to actually get some and GF will not lose out on a profit as the DM has to come from somewhere (most likely bought). Still, there is a fee in DM that means that slightly more DM is spent than the actual value of the item (or item value increase by said amount). Either way GF can be completely indifferent as to where the DM comes from, they sold it at some point. More people will have access to DM and GF will sell more of it.

I find it strange to have an "Import/Export" section that only allows you to "Import" stuff. Implement an "Export" option in the form of a Flea Market and have the In-game currency to be the actual currency for using said Flea Market.

• I quite like your observation that export does not exist. And I also like the idea. However, I don't think so that gameforge would basically give away 95% of their profit to implement these feature. You can say then that players would only sell useless things, like 20% energy (while I am hoarding these for Lifeform patch, so I don't see them as useless) – but what player would buy useless things anyway?

I can see something like "export" can be implemented. Maybe that you can export 1, 2 or more items, to get 1 random item at same rank back. Or maybe you can just "sell" them to Gameforge (basically delete them) and get 10% of DM back. Something that is more simple and not able to be exploited.

• I quite like your observation that export does not exist. And I also like the idea. However, I don't think so that gameforge would basically give away 95% of their profit to implement these feature. You can say then that players would only sell useless things, like 20% energy (while I am hoarding these for Lifeform patch, so I don't see them as useless) – but what player would buy useless things anyway?

I can see something like "export" can be implemented. Maybe that you can export 1, 2 or more items, to get 1 random item at same rank back. Or maybe you can just "sell" them to Gameforge (basically delete them) and get 10% of DM back. Something that is more simple and not able to be exploited.

But GF WONT lose 95% of the profit though. SOMEONE has bought that DM at SOME POINT. The DM are just made more available for players who can't buy it. They will have an option to get a hold on some DM and GF won't lose a cent over it. In fact, I believe that GF will sell even more DM. As more people have access to DM, more will be spent and GF will make money.

The energy booster was just an example. I might find it useless (whether it being ignorant or otherwise) and you might find it useful. So this would be your chance to get some more energy boosters. You buying them would affect the price upwards, people not buying them would affect the price downwards.

Edited once, last by Molle ().

• But GF WONT lose 95% of the profit though. SOMEONE has bought that DM at SOME POINT. The DM are just made more available for players who can't buy it. They will have an option to get a hold on some DM and GF won't lose a cent over it. In fact, I believe that GF will sell even more DM. As more people have access to DM, more will be spent and GF will make money.

The energy booster was just an example. I might find it useless (whether it being ignorant or otherwise) and you might find it useful. So this would be your chance to get some more energy boosters. You buying them would affect the price upwards, people not buying them would affect the price downwards.

Haha, good point, completely missed this one.