OGame.org and merges

• I really don't understand why the deut consumption increases with speed, as in fact a high speed uni uses more deut, and attacks more than lower speeds unis. If you want to have the miners back, go ahead, I will manage anyhow, but honestly this does not make sense at all.

A 3 target uni would be better in my opinion, but please try to use common sense regarding Uni 1 and deut consumption.

Edited once, last by Jyndungo ().

• I agree with Cathedral that Dorado should be left alone. It should remain a target uni untouched just as uni 1. If it does need to be eliminated, Prongs  Danimanza what would be the possibility those players could merge to uni 1 of ogame.de? Thanks and GL with these merges.

As a general note, most of us really do not want another merge and this thread basically guarantees that another merge will be happening. Please do recognize that you will lose more active players in the process just like what has previously happened. The merges have a cycle: merge, more players are active because some came out of v-mode to merge or hit new targets, 1-2 months later those numbers take a nose dive. Throw in a whale or two in there and you can consider the uni done because those accounts are spending a ton of money, but wrecking the game which does not create a challenge, but a constant David vs Goliath situation which is rarely won by David.

• id say option A seems really good!

what would the next step be? after this "round" is done?

keep those 3 unis alive, and merge everything into them?

it`d be also nice to let ppl of uni 1 and Dorado decide their fate

AvOZINI.png

Vreme će proći pa moći će svi da vide

Kako stojimo ponosni, večni ko piramide

• It looks like a "fait accompli" and another forced merger which many will not want.

And don't think that there will be 2500 active accounts in 3 or 4 unis - many people play more than one account and many won't be able to play a second account if the specs don't suit their lifestyle.

There is less than 40 replies to this thread out of say 2000 player (or less even).

Many are against mergers yet it will be forced on us.

IF there is a vote, please include the option for "no mergers" so as to at least we can see the strength of opinion.

What's the next stage when this fails - move everyone to Uni 1?

Another ill thought out move that we are supposed to rubber stamp.

~The strong take from the weak, but the smart take from the strong~
    exiledvulcan.jpg
    U44/Quant/Jup/Betel HOF's = 576~ ~ ~481 Solo [10 Top 10] / 95 ACS [4 x #1 + 11 Top 10]
    ~~ RIP 7007+

• We need to remember that there are 3 classes and creating target unis should be fair for all of them. As I said before, increasing deut consumption with speed is definitely not fair for fleeters. It will only benefit miners that are the majority of players. It also does not make sense as you attack less on low speed unis and have a better chance of saving deut.

Yet again, I will carry on my ogame life no matter how messed up the new unis are.

Having 3 targets unis seems fine to me and I am one of those that awaits a merge as soon as possible.

Those that are afraid of whales and DM maybe should rethink there strategy as it is possible to survive amongst them, doesn't matter how big they are.

• it`d be also nice to let ppl of uni 1 and Dorado decide their fate

Prongs doesn't care. We can see that when he makes irresponsible "just teasing" jokes about whales ruining unis like Dorado and is only concerned about how he himself plays the game and not others.

Doesn't even recognize the comments people here are making unless they puppet his narrative.

Dorado will die and its players won't have a home with the same kind of settings to go to unless we go to the graveyard and go to the German uni 1.

• Life forms for all it seems. First a series of unis for the current non-LF unis to merge into (or not for uni 1), then the introduction of LFs to those unis (including uni 1), and finally Vega and the others are blended into this, probably as an exodus. Because why would GF care? Condensing all of Ogame en to a few more manageable unis, everyone with LFs, and whatever settings emerge from this thread...

When I merged into Vega I had no idea LFs were going to be introduced, like most players I never looked at the forum. Did players get a say in Life Forms? Or was it like this new way to merge?

• Prongs doesn't care. We can see that when he makes irresponsible "just teasing" jokes about whales ruining unis like Dorado and is only concerned about how he himself plays the game and not others.

I had to go back to find that...ugh.

...to have the option to avoid whales ([teasing]for the more cautious ones that are afraid of a good challenge[/teasing])

Yeah, pretty insensitive and pathetic joke there Prongs, especially when you let whales into unis (like Dorado) that can completely overpower the entire combined weight of a uni and sends the majority of the population into v mode because they have no hope whatsoever of competing with them. And as an added bonus, they farm free relos by going back and forth between the graveyard and other unis. You know there is an issue with whales but all you can do is make jokes about it at the player's expense.

• I don't know how many would agree with this, but I think the merger is nice but the specs aren't very appealing since most of the old universes are at 70% DF and 50% Deut consumption, plus U1 has been stuck on that nasty 30% DF and 100% Deut consumption, so here's what I would recommend.

If there's 4 target universes then:

- U1: 1x speed, 8x eco, 50% DF, 70% Deut

- T2: 2x speed, 8x eco, 70% DF, 50% Deut

- T3: 4x speed, 8x eco, 60% DF, 70% Deut

- T4: 6x speed, 8 x eco, 50% DF, 60% Deut

If there's 3 target universes then:

- U1: 1x speed, 8x eco, 50% DF, 70% Deut

- T2: 2x speed, 8x eco, 70% DF, 50% Deut

- T4: 5x speed(6x peaceful), 8 x eco, 60% DF, 60% Deut

Don't let the game play you, instead of that Vmode fleetsave and play the game whenever you want.

• I totally agree with this idea. Thanks for sharing some sense Mike! :sixstars:

• im fine with DF increase slightly, not to stupid for 1x speed tho so 50% seems reasonable to meet in the middle, as for deut again slight decrease for 1x speed seems fair not to much to hurt miners so again meet in the middle.

my main concern is number of galaxies guys are suggesting especially reduction to 6 etc, i would be strongly against messing with number of galaxies , 9 is just right for old universe with plenty of accounts 16+ planets, you can space out or use paid relocations, or mobile in as most already do for bigger hits.

planting everyone close together does not help miners that sell you deut so need to consider increased df + reduced deut = benefit to fleeters, and no counter benefit for miners,

i would suggest increase in friendly speed to 2x to compensate , df 20% increase + deut 30% decrease vs 2x friendly speed for transports feels better

• I don't know how many would agree with this, but I think the merger is nice but the specs aren't very appealing...I

I could care less what speed unis look like so I personally would agree with your suggestion provided there was also a legacy setting server for those of us that don't play speed unis. Or, let us (Dorado.org) merge to uni 1 .de which is still all 1x.

• Surely any intervention by GF should be aimed at attracting new players and getting old players back, instead it continues to fuel the decline.

The re-design drove a lot away, the constant mergers and new unis contributed to the decline. There are now close to 300.000 (yes, three hundred thousand) accounts in the graveyard and only 2500 active accounts in .ORG. That alone speaks volumes about GF strategy, unless of course it is their intention to do away with .ORG. So be careful what you wish for.

ProngsOnly 31 people have contributed to this thread out of over 2500 accounts and many are against the proposal - are the others aware of what is going to happen. Will they be made aware? Will there be a vote, and if so will there be a "no mergers" option?

exiledvulcan.jpg
    U44/Quant/Jup/Betel HOF's = 576~ ~ ~481 Solo [10 Top 10] / 95 ACS [4 x #1 + 11 Top 10]
    ~~ RIP 7007+

• Surely any intervention by GF should be aimed at attracting new players and getting old players back, instead it continues to fuel the decline.

The re-design drove a lot away, the constant mergers and new unis contributed to the decline. There are now close to 300.000 (yes, three hundred thousand) accounts in the graveyard and only 2500 active accounts in .ORG. That alone speaks volumes about GF strategy, unless of course it is their intention to do away with .ORG. So be careful what you wish for.

ProngsOnly 31 people have contributed to this thread out of over 2500 accounts and many are against the proposal - are the others aware of what is going to happen. Will they be made aware? Will there be a vote, and if so will there be a "no mergers" option?

many against the proposal? you should read the thread better and don't spread misinformation

that's nice, with all the existing universes as exodus ofc

3 targets would be better

"But when does a comet become a meteor?

When does a candlе become a blaze?

Whеn does a man become a monster?

When does a ripple become a tidal wave?

When does the reason become the blame?

When does a man become a monster?"

• GALACTUS having checked the dictionary please read "several" for "many" as I should hate to mislead.

exiledvulcan.jpg
    ~~ RIP 7007+

• And maybe the rubbish/trolling you post on the boards don't help and Vulcan made some very good points. We don't need your usual rhetoric rubbish on here

• After the last set of merges how many accounts went to the graveyard and how many people stopped playing. As admins/company you must keep your own stats for growth. When you have vary large accounts killing of universes and then you wonder why players stop play and you have caused this problem yourselves due you lack of thought through your merges.

• Uni 1 is alive and kicking, so why mess with that?

No to merger. its just a quick fix to liven things up for the short term then it kills the unis off again then another merger and so on.