OGame.org and merges

• So last merge I was told to do this "merge the account to uni 1 where I already have an account and let one go inactive" and it just didnt give me the option to merge to that uni, when I opened a ticket I was told its because guess what I already have an account there.....

Whatever though Im pretty much over this game at this point, shouldve quit like 10 years ago

• Danimanza I would also very much like it if Dorado could just stay as it is or something like that. I like to play mostly 1x uni and already have an account in uni 1 so this would be deleting an account that is 10+ years old, just doesnt seem right to me

As there is only one x1 target, you can :

- choose another target and give it a try. If you don't like it, you can use the next option.

- migrate it to uni1 and make one of them inactive (the one you don't want to play in uni1), then go to the graveyard and then send them to any x1 universe that it's not involved in the merge.

So I am also in the legacy settings camp, but have played under other settings as well. Even if Dorado ceases to exist which we should all recognize as a shame, is there any other possible 1x uni alternative that GF will accept other than forcing Dorado players to uni 1?

It is nice to have a chance to be in the top 100 or 150 if I work really hard on my account, but in uni 1 most Dorado accounts would fall outside of the top 400. We have all played a mid ranked account at one point, but few of us understand what it is like to build that account through perseverance, patience, and a lot of time into a top 100, top 50, or top 25 account. I just do not want to see all of my efforts wasted because we are going through a merge yet again and many other players who have invested money into the game feel the same way if not moreso. In uni 1 Dorado and Dione players will largely be sentenced to acquire a new account to be truly competitive (some devils advocates will argue this, but every veteran player knows exactly what I mean), or spend all of their time and effort to get a good rank only to merge again/be merged into (Poor uni 1 players as baal tried to point out) and have it be ripped away from them.

Danimanza Is it possible to create a new target uni with 1x fleet, 3x eco, and 6x research or 1x fleet, 5x eco, and 10x research? ( aliendestroyer option 7)

Can it also be possible to make it an overall target for any merge group as well so that there are plenty of players to populate said uni?

I love the 1x all legacy settings, but if I have to give it up, my option is a lot more fair than throwing almost all of the Dorado uni players to the wolves?

• I'm quoting Danimanza on page 12 here: "After a few internal discussions, some of the options were discarded by the team and others were rejected by Gameforge."

The options below are also a quote from Danimanza's post at page 12.

I've read his posts...and it still does not answer my question, if you don't know then don't speak for the staff. I'm a veteran player since the start, I've only ever played 1x FLT/ECO/RES and I'm also former staff...so I'll keep asking the people that should be able to answer a simple question because something stinks about this whole affair and I think it's from rotting whale flesh. So if you don't like my post then keep on scrolling by...

Danimanza  Prongs I'd like to know why .org won't let active players who want to keep playing 1x FLT/ECO/RES in Dorado.org move to uni 1 .de where they will remain active and most likely buy the same DM that everyone else buys to support the game. If you don't want us in your community, then we're not gonna play in your community so set us free. This affects three players in Dorado out of the 600+ players there who would land in the top 20 of uni 1.de...what logical reason is there to refuse those three players the means to leave .org and continue playing in a uni with the same settings and pretty much the equivalent average points (minus our whale you let in of course)!?! Luke and I won't upset the "balance" with our points, I'd be lucky to be ranked 3 or 4 and Luki would land maybe 17 or 18. And the other 600+ Dorado players won't fall in the top 20 so they're not the reason. So what is it?

• Just to be sure, those options 3 till 6 I posted were a quote from Danimanza's post at page 12. Those options are already discarded by the team or rejected by GF as Danimanza stated there.

I was not sure if you know that. I'm sorry if you did.

• Sorry this thread was lengthy so I thought you were adding options that people suggested. Sorry for the confusion. I am hoping Danimanza will have an opportunity to address the suggestion.

• you sound like a little baby who wants this whole community merge to be catered towards himself, keep crying thought it’s entertaining

• you sound like a little baby who wants this whole community merge to be catered towards himself, keep crying thought it’s entertaining

Well IDAGF what anyone thinks because I want my uni to be set free to leave this community and go to a uni with the same settings. I’m not asking for the whole merge to cater solely to us, if you read all the posts you’d see that.

• Why was this information NOT given to those in .US servers? This is the information were given...

In other words: Your account will be moved to a RANDOM TARGET if you do not merge your account.

In some rare cases, magic happens and active accounts get incorrectly moved to the Graveyard.

DO NOT count on your account moving to the Graveyard!

Regarding the graveyard moves, how the system works is as follows: inactive accounts go to the graveyard at the end of the merge. Active accounts end up in a random target from the listed ones for the specific group.

The reality showed something different though, we do have a few accounts that were active and ended up in the graveyard after all, not all actives, but definitely some did in every merge we did so far- it could have something to do with the space left in the target servers at the end of the merge- it is being monitored. The good thing is that this has an easy solution, either the player moves the account to an active server or through support we can help and move into a target manually. The best part of this is that so far in all merges we had we didn't really have cases where an account was not found at the end, either we can help or our devs can, but no major issues have happened through these moves.

Something also important to know is that the alliances get deleted and they have to be created again in the target, the alliance class is lost and you have to wait for the cooldown to select an alliance class in the new target/new alliance. It is not ideal and was not super bad before the alliances class update, but now it is and you need to keep it in mind.

• ye i think all active accs if they dont chose target uni they will be randomly moved when time window to move accs ends. Only inactives (not quiet sure ) and 60days+ accs that reached that time within deadline will be moved to gyard

gokui.png

... “Power comes in response to a need, not a desire.” ...

• Mate, complain about these things at the US board. Keep this thread clean from that stuff please.

• So last merge I was told to do this "merge the account to uni 1 where I already have an account and let one go inactive" and it just didnt give me the option to merge to that uni, when I opened a ticket I was told its because guess what I already have an account there.....

Whatever though Im pretty much over this game at this point, shouldve quit like 10 years ago

since dm was added, new uni,s quicker than school holidays… there is no reason for people to stick out a uni.
    The ones that do, get merged into uni’s so much more advanced than them they are bullied till they quit.

No decent communities within a uni now either. Look at hits made in uni1 compared to the others….

Power is only given to those who are willing to lower themselves to pick it up!

• I think there should be 1 Destination Uni that is 1 x everything. No DM at all, NO Auctions, No Rewards, No Items, No ACS, ..... Like it was Originally. Oh and dont forget 5 Item Cargo capacity for esp probes :D Bring back the probe fleets :D

Top 10's - 8
    Retired - uni's 1,3,4,8,19,Electra, Japetus, Virgo

• Is there something that prevents GF from just moving all exodus accounts to the graveyard with no waiting period if they don't want to move into the new target unis with accounts 10-100x their size and settings they don't like?

Putting us in the graveyard without waiting lets us make our own choice about where to and literally everyone gets what they want (aside from not going through a forced merge with little notice).

• True, gettin options to move into gy if u want would be lovely.. but if u wait and dont choose ylu sre moved randomly to any of targets umi so it sux kinda... :)

gokui.png

... “Power comes in response to a need, not a desire.” ...

• I think that's a great idea and honesty think GF should take a serious look at that, everyone going to the GY then choosing the uni they want would be ideal and probably lead to much higher customer satisfaction and long term profits

• I asked the graveyard as a target and it's not possible.

I didn't get a reason but I guess it's to avoid people joining LF universes masively, that might cause lag, as they would make too many LF levels requests in a short time (that it's reason why they are not able to activate LF on old universes yet).

• I think there should be 1 Destination Uni that is 1 x everything. No DM at all, NO Auctions, No Rewards, No Items, No ACS, ..... Like it was Originally. Oh and dont forget 5 Item Cargo capacity for esp probes :D Bring back the probe fleets :D

this and a uni with acs. Back to old school where communities actually communicate. Enemies were feared yet respected. Cause they are around them for years, not a few months to a year.
    When people actually had to try and find players planets, rather than hover over the name and it shows you them all! People now play till they’re hit, then quit. People get advanced way too quickly, so what they have created hasn’t been a hard graft.

Power is only given to those who are willing to lower themselves to pick it up!

Edited once, last by The King of Kings ().

• I asked the graveyard as a target and it's not possible.

I didn't get a reason but I guess it's to avoid people joining LF universes masively, that might cause lag, as they would make too many LF levels requests in a short time (that it's reason why they are not able to activate LF on old universes yet).

Who did you ask? Do they have a corporate email address we can ping? Because this merge and the graveyard top 20 restrictions are BS and everyone is pissed. And they (whoever they are) keep hiding behind the volunteer staff. We're telling everyone to email info@gameforge.com and open tickets and just elevate them right to COMA and get someone from Game Forge to respond to their customers, you know the players? The people that keep this game afloat. The volunteer staff should all just walk at this point because this customer service they're being forced to do is disgusting.