OGame.org and merges

• Danimanza will Quantum be addressed regarding df % and deut consumption? Or will it just be an exodus uni? Sorry, if I missed any of your posts here, but this thread is getting a bit messy and honestly I don't have patience to read all.

Thank you in advance

I can answer this one for you. Quantum is an existing universe and changing settings in existing universes always go via a poll so the players in the universe can vote for it. So when option 1 (see here) wins and Quantum becomes a target then a poll is needed for changes.

Maybe this helps you.

You're repeating yourself again mate. And you did not answer the question. :headbanging:

• I think I perfectly answered your question.

Will Quantum be adressed regarding df% and deut consumption?

A poll is needed for that since it's an existing universe.

Will Quantum be an exodus universe?

Danimanza gave us 2 options at page 12 of this thread. So we're going to vote which option wins. Option 1 means quantum is target and option 2 means quantum is exodus. So Danimanza can't give you an answer yet because it will be polled.

• Did he? I guess you're not seeing the big picture, but I understand, you're probably one of those guys that play more on the board than ingame. I really appreciate if you let the assigned people do their work peacefully and please do not answer my questions on the peoples behalf.

• The answers to your questions are common sense, that's why everybody could answer them. No teamlers needed for that.

• Alpha - 1x war / 6x peacefull / 0.5/7 deut consump + 30 fields. > 8x/16x eco/res

This is possibly the most imbalanced setting proposal. It has all the benefits for miners and no trade offs. It's a miner's paradise. Please don't make unis that heavily benefit one playstyle while having no trade offs at all.

2rabnrop.png

Rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots.

Developer of AntiGameReborn - Link to the AGR Discord

• Alpha - 1x war / 6x peacefull / 0.5/7 deut consump + 30 fields. > 8x/16x eco/res

This is possibly the most imbalanced setting proposal. It has all the benefits for miners and no trade offs. It's a miner's paradise. Please don't make unis that heavily benefit one playstyle while having no trade offs at all.

i would strongly disagree, and why? if you ask me its benefitial for both, and if you ask again why?

1x War sure.

6x Peacefull >> in this case, colonising arround , then deploying fleet + hitting = Lottery win. You just have to know how to "utilise" your speed and opportunity. I'm played few unis 1x speed with even 4-5 peacefull only, and with this tactc, no hit was imposible. Eventually all sleep for 7-8hours.

That is good tactic vs anyone. even staring arround takes you if ur close up 2hrs to colonise + deploy stars, + with good hyper under 4hours to mds, so in 7hrs u can make a hit very easy.. or either if you are 101% certain, you can deploy colony within 30-45 mins even in farther parts, and deploy fleet ithin 30mins then moon + instagate and gg.
    so do you have same opinion even now?

gokui.png

... “Power comes in response to a need, not a desire.” ...

• :censored:

Edited once, last by Cillidan ().

• Learn to behave, go for some anger managment control, see a "shrink" and finally get some manners. There are minors arround here to i guess. I won't argue with species that is less advanced then myself, so won't get to your level sry. Bye & once again, let the merges begin.

gokui.png

Edited once, last by Cillidan ().

• Let me just remind everyone where to find the board guidelines:

Board Guidelines

Keep this thread on topic without breaching the guidelines please.

There is in every one of us, even those who seem to be most moderate, a type of desire that is terrible, wild, and lawless.”

.:stick:.

• Old_Fella , I am sure you are a great guy, however your multiple posts create a bias in this thread, especially to go's reading them. It's obvious most of us disagree with your proposals, which are based solely on your play style preferences. The goal here is to keep unis alive, not to profit. This is achieved through playstyle balance.

Anyways, back to the topic. I would prefer that Quantum remains a target uni, but would also like some input on Quantum's settings changing. Also the x8 option for gamma seems better.

Top 10s- 13

• so do you have same opinion even now?

Yes. Because the choice for miners is still obvious. Most players are miners. And optimally you want all players to spread between all target unis and not have one active and two dead unis. If you make a uni such as 1x war and 6x friendly, the choice for miners, so for most players, will be obvious. The 1x war uni will be full with players, whereas the other two will be dead.

2rabnrop.png

Rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots.

Developer of AntiGameReborn - Link to the AGR Discord

• First of all it's a pity the moderators had to make twice an intervention today, we're all adults (I guess), let's stay calm.

I prefer also that Quantum becomes a target uni (so I hope option 1 wins, page 12 Danimanza's post). What counts for me is that the inactives are very good. Can't imagine we get the same level of inactives when they're evenly spread over the target uni's when quantum becomes an exodus uni.

About your settings request, what's your proposal? I think btw you've the best chance when you bring this thread back to life, it's only 2 months since the last post. I would be against a change (since I player as a miner) but I would support a poll. I mean, let's do what the majority wants. If the majority wants a settings change I'm okay with it.

• Basically there are 3 options....

1. Like it

2. Live with it

3. Leave

Apart from taxes and death, the only other certainty in life is that GF will screw up.

Just a pity that nobody from GF has the moral fibre or integrity to come here and explain their philosophy - if they actually have one - or will they just blunder from one self inflicted wound to the another?

~The strong take from the weak, but the smart take from the strong~
    exiledvulcan.jpg
    U44/Quant/Jup/Betel HOF's = 576~ ~ ~481 Solo [10 Top 10] / 95 ACS [4 x #1 + 11 Top 10]
    ~~ RIP 7007+

• You're calling us to discuss and share our suggestions but as you can see over the last 9 pages, there has been plenty of suggestions and the player base has a, more or less, general concensus. What we're lacking is the discussion and feedback from your side. There is nothing more to be discussed between the players themselves.

"Mine own invention, my masterpiece;

the crowning achievement of my career.

Bottled good fortune. Brewed correctly

the drinker of this potion

will be lucky in all their endeavours ..."

• defintly AGREE with FELIX! it's your turn now!

gokui.png

• Can there be a poll in every exodus universe with some options that are mostly accepted and suggested here , this is good place for suggesting options but final decision on how would target universes look like sholud be on players in exodus unis. About 50 players have been part of this thread , but far more is affected by this merge.

• That's not true. We were giving feedback (for example, last one here) and the player base has no consensus as different people suggested different alternatives from his side that can't be done at the same time, unless we make no merges at all.

Can there be a poll in every exodus universe with some options that are mostly accepted and suggested here , this is good place for suggesting options but final decision on how would target universes look like sholud be on players in exodus unis. About 50 players have been part of this thread , but far more is affected by this merge.

Yes, the next step should be make polls, not only on exodus universes, but in all universes involved in merge (exodus and targets).

• My suggestion about the polls:

- Don't do polls at exodus/target universes at all before the merge poll.
    - As for the merge poll, let the players choose between the 3 options you see at the first quote. Option 3 is basically option 2 but universe 1 is now also exodus.

- After the merge poll GF decides the technical settings of the new universes. Settings at existing universes remain unchanged.

- After the merge players can request a poll via the universe section at the board (just like normal). However at least 50% of the majority is needed instead of the normal 70%. This applies only for the first settings poll after a merge.

Why no polls at exodus/target universes before the merge?

Comparing outcomes of polls before the merge is hard, especially when the outcomes are very different. It's better to do polls after the merge so there's just 1 outcome per universe.

Why does GF choose the settings for new universes?

I trust them, simple as that. I think the team is more than capable to filter the desires of this thread and convert it in reasonable settings.

Why no settings change for target universes?

Well, the target universe “won” the merge poll. So players chose for these settings. Also it would be strange if players are forced to stay in a target universe that they get a settings change without having influence on it.

When to get a settings poll for a universe?

Like always when a big part of the players base doesn't like a setting it's possible to do a request for a poll. This poll could be requested via the universe section at the board.

Why is at the first poll only a majority of 50% required?

Well, normally players have the choice which universe they join. You know what you choose and everybody builds their accounts around those settings. 70% Is reasonable then to ask to apply a proposed change of settings.

After a merge this is different. Players had “less choice” which universe they join since their accounts are already build around a (economy)speed. To compensate for this it would be normal (to me) to require for once (only at the first settings poll after a merge) a majority of only 50% instead of the normal 70%.

• Why does GF choose the settings for new universes?

I trust them, simple as that. I think the team is more than capable to filter the desires of this thread and convert it in reasonable settings.

:golly: Did I read that right? Trust GF to get a merge right.......:Vomit:

:beer:Cheers for one of the best laughs in the last 20 years this game has existed. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

In all seriousness there needs to be a PLAYER poll for the settings. Please.