This is the end...Donato 'Nam is doomed.

• This might be the end of Donato 'Nam (aka Dorado).

giphy.webp

Unfortunately, it looks like Dorado is getting screwed because Prongs & Game Forge is not actually paying attention to the players' wants and needs as evidenced in this thread:

OGame.org and merges

And we no longer have kewlness to look out for us.

Game Forge refuses to allow polls on the forums because they don't actually want to hear what players have to say. And the ingame message system is conveniently broken for them to send out a uni-wide message to alert you to the aforementioned discussion. But somehow, it can still send out sales advertisements, funny how that works, isn't it? And they also put an end to Stomt because again, they don't care about what you have to say. So the only way you'll know about "that" conversation is if you read the forums regularly (which most don't) or someone points it out to you.

Their grand plan is to create a 3 to 4 speed unis (IMO, any uni with any increase ECO or Research is a speed uni). None of which will have legacy settings like we have in Dorado. And Prongs won't even acknowledge the people on that thread asking for a legacy speed-setting uni.

So, all you legacy speed-setting players out there playing the game the way it was meant to be played...you are screwed.

giphy.webp

Your only hope to continue playing in a uni with legacy settings is to go to the graveyard and move to .de (German community) uni 1 which is all 1x. There are a couple of other legacy unis in different communities, but none of them really have the participation that uni 1 .de has and will most likely suffer under the merge boot. My recommendation is to go to the graveyard, and wait until the dust settles because game forge will inevitably screw things up so give it a bit before you commit to a move.

• Well, it was fun while it lasted...but they're gonna screw us because of reasons. We can't go to .de uni 1 which has legacy settings unless you go to the graveyard first and you must land outside the top 20...so most of you can go there if you are looking to keep playing legacy 1x FLT/ECO/RES settings. Some of us are gonna have to wait a while.

I miss Kewlness, he would have fought for us...not like these new GAs and COMAs that think speed makes everything better and don't give a crap about .org let alone players who like legacy settings.

These are the options getting proposed...if you like legacy settings (1x FLT/ECO/RES) there is nothing there for you. They screwed you, but if you are a speed junky you'll be happy.

• Well Unfortunately we live in a microwave society

Where everything has to happen NOW or is not good...

This new generation doesn't understand why Dorado is special and what Dorado present

They will never understand and they don't want to understand( because they just don't care)

But again after everything that happened in ogame WHY are you surprised about something like this?

They dont give a dame about the players or player's needs, for long long time now:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

• Yeah...I was able (along with the help of others) to successfully lobby and leverage to keep Dorado in existence during the last two mergers when we were earmarked to be an exodus uni. The first time we were successful in making Dorado a target uni, and the second time we were only able to save the uni...if they would have opened it as a target during that second merge we probably would have had more players join who want legacy speeds so they can enjoy more of real life.

The real death knell for Dorado came when Dan and Prongs let the two whales into the uni and almost everyone got fed up with them that they v moded since they wouldn't be able to compete.

• Not much you can do if only small number of Dorado players voice there issue with losing 1x speed uuniverse.

I don't really understand why is this happening since there is 1x uni in big community's and small ( France, Deutch, Spanish, even Czech, Russian, Romanian and Hungarian)

80 players is not a small number to force out of community. Unless there are players in Dorado who wouldn't mind changing speed.

I'll miss your creative CR's Cathedral!

• I don't think there are many 1x FLT/ECO/RES unis though...lots of 1x flt, but not all 1x. I think .de has two, uni 1 and earth.

There are a couple of players who would like a small bump in ECO and/or RES. My counter to that is, what's the point of a small bump? Either play legacy settings or play big...there is no point in playing in the middle.

So, either keep it 1x FLT/ECO/RES or go 1x FLT/8x ECO/16x RES. It makes no sense to play an ECO or RES smaller than that IMO when all "speed" unis eventually funnel together. Dorado was the exception, until now.

EDIT: And in the other thread, there was a very vocal group of support for Dorado, not just me. Mostly me, but I am pretty passionate about legacy settings and Dorado.

• Yes, you are right. I was going from memory and didn't check it.

So if I'm not mistaken legacy:

1. French

2. Czechs

3. Romanians

4. Hungarians

Maybe try discussing with their COMAS for possible transfer.

Still don't see why .org doesn't deserve one. Prongs sees something different for this community future will tell if it was needed.

• Compared to .de uni 1, those are all ghost towns...and if we had to go to any of those via graveyard even more of our players would run afoul of the top 20 rule.

But yeah, I don't see why they won't 'let us choose .de uni 1 as a target when 98% of the Dorado could go there via the graveyard after 60 days. Only 3 players would run afoul of the top 20 rule, our whale, me, and Luki. How hard would it be to provide an exception for 3 players!?! I would not be surprised if the reason is because of our whale with 1.7bn points. I'm sure the .de COMA doesn't want that upsetting their uni 1 as it did Dorado.

• stop crying honestly.. just dont log from this moment or next for 60days and go wherever you wish... like accept the change or stop playing there isnt 3rd option honestly.. i know this all legacy thing etc etc, but its not even 1% of legacy since u all did prolly at some point used dm in dorado. That breaks all that legacy point but wont argue, everyone wishes smthing, but you have option to move wherever you want, you just need to take 60days vacation from ogame and problem solved

gokui.png

... Solution is Arround the Corner | Trust your Instinct ...

• stop crying honestly.. just dont log from this moment or next for 60days and go wherever you wish... like accept the change or stop playing there isnt 3rd option honestly.. i know this all legacy thing etc etc, but its not even 1% of legacy since u all did prolly at some point used dm in dorado. That breaks all that legacy point but wont argue, everyone wishes smthing, but you have option to move wherever you want, you just need to take 60days vacation from ogame and problem solved

There is always a third option...to voice an opinion and be the squeaky wheel. It worked for Dorado the last two merges and I will keep speaking my mind until the end so you can just ignore and scroll on by my posts without interjecting if you have nothing worthwhile to post. We can't go wherever we wish because we wish to go to .de uni 1. And they won't let all of us go via the graveyard due to the top 20 graveyard rule, so piss off.

• Just ignore him P, he is a spammer that trolls the uni forums and brown noses the staff.

i'd say sacrifising part of my RL routine and time to commend ppl for their effort after years and years of playing, since people of their own unis or allys don't even bother, thats 2nd word called" manners " but enjoy ur little legacy for a while ;) as i said same as danimanza did, if u dont like it , take a 60day vacation and go to your uni1.de and make a mess there. Over & Out

gokui.png

• Just ignore him P, he is a spammer that trolls the uni forums and brown noses the staff.

i'd say sacrifising part of my RL routine and time to commend ppl for their effort after years and years of playing, since people of their own unis or allys don't even bother, thats 2nd word called" manners " but enjoy ur little legacy for a while ;) as i said same as danimanza did, if u dont like it , take a 60day vacation and go to your uni1.de and make a mess there. Over & Out

That is exactly what we are trying to do but they will not let PAGAN and Luki go because of the top 20 rule. You sound like a boot licker.

That is exactly what we are trying to do but they will not let PAGAN and Luki go because of the top 20 rule. You sound like a boot licker.

Yea to unlikes of you or such sure, a good manners sound like boot or thing licker. Ppl forgot long time to behave, have manners, or help eachother. It was essential skill since stone age. That got lost in modern age, but i won't argue.. wish u all best and ur uni. tho even as we argued, my statement was just confirmed by danimanzas.. so yea wont talk bout past thats a SIN , move to the future and wish u all best.

Best regards. Over & OuT!

gokui.png

• oh give over old fella, whenever I see you comment your either patronising or trying to out smart. Always trying to have the last word. Maybe take a leaf out ya own book about manners. Like someone commented above don’t agree with something scroll on.

I Can Not Be Summoned Like Some Mongrel Pup!

• Well, it's over...the polls and options are out and Dorado and legacy settings are going to be wiped out.

Game Forge, Dan, and Prongs failed us as expected and ruined the game for us and we've lost our home and the last remaining legacy settings uni in .org.

If you want legacy settings (1x FLT/ECO/RES), my recommendation is that you go v-mode, go to the graveyard, and try to migrate to uni 1. de. I can't for a while because of the Graveyard top 20 rule and they are adamant that they will not make exceptions so it'll be at least 6 months to a year or more until I can legally take my account there. I could take a different account, there are some options...but it just wouldn't be the same. Of course, by then...I'll probably have lost all interest in it anyways if I'm not playing so maybe I won't even bother.

I'll keep playing Dorado until the fat lady sings and turn the lights out on my way out the door.

• If you want legacy settings (1x FLT/ECO/RES), my recommendation is that you go v-mode, go to the graveyard, and try to migrate to uni 1. de.

Otherwise french uni Libra is a legacy settings uni with a bit higher points for the top 20 rule (I play there myself).

French staff are willing to keep legacy settings alive so it will stay for a while.