Math not working, calc'ing fleet speeds

• Ok so if someone can help me out that would be great...but in working with Lifeforms and all their little details, I have encountered a few slight inconsistencies.

For example, my techs are 9 comb/6 imp/6 hyper ... I have fusion drives level 11 and plasma drives level 5, with mechas and humans both at level 1.

My espy probes should fly this fast, considering all the bonuses...

So firstly calc'ing speed the normal way base*(1 + drive*factor) = 100.000.000*(1 + 9*0.1) = 190.000.000 ( all good so far )

Now Fusion drives are .5% bonus per level 11*0.005*100,000,000 = 5.500.000

And a 1% bonus per level of Humans .......... 0.01 * 5.500.000 = 55.000

Then plasma drives at .2% per level 5*0.002*100.000.000 = 1.000.000

and a 1% bonus per level of Mechas ...... 0.01 * 1.000.000 = 10.000

NOW... add all those up you get ............................ 196.565.000

BUT...my actual speed listed under the tooltip is 196.561.000

Can anyone tell me what Im doing wrong? Usually this doesn't matter, but when calculating long (+12h) missions the numbers can sometimes be off by 10 seconds or more, which for some of us is way too long.

Any help is appreciated,

cheers

From a Land Far Far Away...

-----------------------------------------

---+++ Ancient Nostalgia +++----

• Can you show your work? Need to know which techs you have and how many planets and all that jazz.

What is missing?? didn't I provide all of that in the post, and do number of planets change flight speeds?? I thought research was cumulative

Or if you are referring to the time calculation, that isn't the issue, my problem is the game tells me my probes fly at 196.561.000 but when I do all the math by hand I get 196.565.000 ...which i posted above. If i use my actual speeds in the time calculation it comes out just fine, im just trying to figure out why Im coming up with a different speed than the game gives me

• Could you please take a screenshot of the shown speed while hovering over the tooltip, thanks.

"Mine own invention, my masterpiece;

the crowning achievement of my career.

Bottled good fortune. Brewed correctly

the drinker of this potion

will be lucky in all their endeavours ..."

• By hovering over the speed, I wanted to see the values being calculated by the game. It's critical to understand why the game is coming up with that number.

• It seems that for some reason it is calculating the Plasma Drive as 5.551% instead of 5.555%. I would assume this is a bug, but I have to ask why bother with the speed of a probe anyway? That small diference doesn't change the actual flight time of the probe. Have you tried your math with other ships such as recyclers or colony ships? Those will usually be your slowest ships and it's important that those are correct. I am interested to see if you are getting errors with other ships as well.

If you're willing to talk more in depth and to do some calculations I'll send you my discord in PM.

• Yes, I was showing espy probes because the difference is easier to see. Occasionally, depending on techs entered, a ship will have a speed + or - 1 from actual game speeds...and in 95% of cases this wont matter...but I have noticed Pathfinders change and if a fleet is out for longer than 10 or 12 hours the calculations become off by 10-20 seconds...

again this is a rare case, but its enough that makes me think there is a rounding error on my part. Perhaps the game only accepts so many decimals and then rounds down...i don't know at this point

• can you show your lifeform research levels on each planet as well as the active lifeform including their level for each planet?

Sounds like one the bonuses you showed in the first post are not the way you think they are.

• Wow, so you're telling me you only get the lifeform level bonuses on planets with that tech researched by that lifeform...

so i have a planet colonized by rocktal but randomized the second pick and got plasma drives...my 1% bonus (Mecha lvl bonus) only applies to the 3 tech levels on my Mecha planet!?

This is highly unfortunate, because no one can tell which techs are individually researched on each planet I didn't think, right?

So you would have to know lifeform level (which currently isn't shown) plus all planets owned by a player and specific inhabitants as well as the specific tree chosen for each planet to calc someones times now? Im sad

Edited once, last by FengShui ().

• so i have a planet colonized by rocktal but randomized the second pick and got plasma drives...my 1% bonus (Mecha lvl bonus) only applies to the 3 tech levels on my Mecha planet!?

No, they are affected by the level bonus, but on a Rocktal planet they are affected by the Rocktal level, not the Mecha level.

Basically forget different lifeforms when it comes to the researches.

Any lifeform research will be affected by the level of the lifeform on that planet, not by the lifeform level of the lifeform the research "belongs" to.

• AHHhh, I see, I see...so this is still concerning for me

Even if we had the ability to know what level each lifeform is leveled too...we still don't know the individual tech trees of each planet.

Are we just left with estimating fleet times that we can't see on lanx? Maybe if the bonus system was more straightforward and were more calculable given information that would be great, but what are the odds this happens?

Thanks for the clarifications