[TOT: 437.850.000] Senator Helio [Sparta] vs. Moon Maker [M24] (A: 0, D: 437.850.000)

• Part 1 of this story can be found here, thanks to Moon Maker for writing it : [TOT: 82.423.000] Moon Maker [M24] vs. dragon tamer (A: 2.728.000, D: 79.695.000)

Earlier today Feanor pinged me with a good looking lanx report. Moon Maker was flying all these nice ships to dragon tamer's planet, sending from his moon right next to one of mine in g6.

We know about his target, they regularly do expeditions with far too many ships for a long time, so the hit was most likely legit. With plenty of lead time, I started doing sims and probed Moon Maker's g4, making it at least plausible I was just scanning nearby targets. A few messages later, it was clear he wasn't recalling his attack and the time back would happen.

Since there was plenty of lead time I tried stealing his attack df as well. Unfortunately he sent his recs in advance, like he always does.

Since the timing of the return was close, sending a slow attack and timing the recs afterwards in the same second window wasn't possible, so I sent them early. Those unfortunately ended up +2s.

A few minutes after his hit, I timed the attack to same second.

We talked for a while during the attack itself about game mechanics, which was really nice :) It sure beats those who start typing vile stuff until crashed and then go (v) :D

With the timing setup of this attack (recs sent before attack) he had a guaranteed 1s window to get the df by sending them on +0s. I figured slowing the attack to +1 was worth a shot to dodge his recycling, still not allow enough time for a save, then get my recycling done on +2.

However, Moon Maker thought ahead and sent two waves of recyclers, one on +0s and one on +1s, so he still got it.

A silver lining here is that the reapers got a good amount of instant recycling done, and the deut cost to next SS was insignificant.

Well played to Moon Maker, and I expect to see you on the left side of those threads again soon enough ;)

And thanks again to Feanor for the find, this was a ton of fun

On 24-01-2023 --:--:--, the following fleets met in battle:

Attacker Senator Helio [Sparta]

Battlecruiser 21.514

Reaper 13.047

Defender Moon Maker [M24]

Cruiser 5.960

Battleship 3.241

Battlecruiser 830

After the battle ...

Attacker Senator Helio [Sparta]

Battlecruiser 21.514 ( -0 )

Reaper 13.047 ( -0 )

Defender Moon Maker [M24]

Destroyed!

The attacker has won the battle!

The attacker captured:

4.828.012 Metal, 9.966 Crystal and 61.366 Deuterium

The attacker lost a total of 0 units.

The defender lost a total of 437.850.000 units.

At these space coordinates now float 86.983.500 metal and 37.060.500 crystal.

The attacker captured a total of 4.899.344 units.

The chance for a moon to be created from the debris was 20%.

Debris harvested by the attacker(s):

28.994.500 Metal and 12.353.500 Crystal

0 Metal and 0 Crystal

Total debris harvested by the attacker(s):

28.994.500 Metal and 12.353.500 Crystal

Debris harvested by the defender(s):

86.983.500 Metal and 37.060.500 Crystal

Summary of profit/losses:

Summary attackers(s)

Metal: 33.822.512

Crystal: 12.363.466

Deuterium: 61.366

The attacker(s) made a profit of 46.247.344 units.

Summary defender(s)

Metal: -207.789.512

Crystal: -86.484.466

Deuterium: -24.431.366

The defender(s) lost a total of 318.705.344 units.