2023 Merge Discussion

• So... guess what dummy managed to delete the old thread(?) :censored:

Anyway, as posted, EN will be having universe merges in the near future.

This thread is for our community to discuss anything related to the merges.

Common Questions Answers
    Not all targets are showing up! What do I do?
    It might happen that the desired target doesn't show immediately for you to select. In this case, if you want we can help to move the account but for that we will need some steps:

- Select one of the available targets that you have and transfer the account there.
    - Do not interact with the "bridge" universe (read: stay in vacation mode and do not do anything). - Send us a support ticket with which bridge universe you used and your desired target.
    - Shoot a staff member a PM with your ticket number so we can try and get you merged as quickly as possible.

These steps are needed for you to have the free relocations since a manual merge of the account won't grant any relocations or perks.
    I merged my account and it's showing as banned!
    This is normal and is done to ensure the merge is done correctly. The original account will be banned and deleted after 7 days or when the universe closes (whichever comes first) and the new account will be unbanned after a few hours at most.

Please only send in a ticket about this if your account is still banned after the time shown on your lobby.
    Is it possible to merge to another community with this merge? No, it is not possible. The targets presented are the targets available.
    Is it possible to merge from an exodus universe in one group to a target in the other group? No, you can only merge into target universes in the same group.
    Are we blocking the creation of new accounts in target universes? No, the only account creation which will be blocked is in the exodus universes.
    Is it possible to merge from one target universe to another target universe? No, it is not possible. The only way to merge out of a target universe is via the Graveyard.
    Does the top 20 rule apply to this merge? No. This is a forced merge so any target may be selected regardless of a player's rank.
    Will my planets be in the same spot in the target as they were in the exodus universe? Gameforge will make every effort to place your planets where they were in your exodus universe, however, it might not be possible. In cases where it is not possible, there will be a free relocation provided (one per repositioned planet) which can be used at a later date.
    If I do not choose a target universe, what will happen with my account? Will it go to the Graveyard? Your account will be merged to a random target universe, but please see the answer in this spoiler:
    Will players with accounts in target universes get free planet relocations? No. Only players leaving exodus universes are eligible for free planet relocations.
    Why was my universe chosen as a target or exodus? There are a lot of considerations Gameforge takes into account when coming up with a merge plan. Unfortunately, it is not possible to make every player happy with a forced merge and given the uniqueness of each universe it is difficult to find a suitable target universe for every exodus universe. Exodus universes were selected due to various criteria which only Gameforge knows, however, many have so few active players that moving to a more active universe will hopefully increase player enjoyment.

In this case, every war fleet speed was a consideration and every war fleet speed is represented in the target choices. The rest of the universe statistics are fairly similar among the targets. The universes which were selected as targets already have the space necessary to accept a lot of players, a requirement many universes did not have.

Are there any plans to implement an attack ban before/during/after the merges? The only time an attack ban will be implemented is if something goes wrong. At this time, there are no plans to implement any attack bans.
    What should I do if I can only merge my account to a universe where I already have an account? Unfortunately, it is not possible to merge the two accounts into one and it is not allowed to play more than one account per universe. In this case you must place one of the accounts into v-mode and leave it in v-mode permanently. You are allowed to log into the account once every 30 days to prevent it from deleting. This will allow you to find a new owner for the account which can be exchanged using the Gameforge lobby account gifting tokens.
    Will it be possible to alter the target server settings once the merges are completed? Once all the dust of the merges settles, server polls should be available for server setting changes which includes the ability to change a particular fleet speed setting such as the peaceful fleet speed setting. These polls will follow the standard server change poll process.
    What are the settings of the target universes? See the spoiler below for a full breakdown of the universe settings. Please note that these settings may be changed at a later date if required.
    If I transfer my account to a target universe while the login event is ongoing, will my tritium transfer over? No. Any tritium obtained won't carry over to the target universe and you'll lose all progress with the login event prior to that point, meaning that you'll start from tier 1 again.
    As an alliance founder having to re-create my alliance in the target universe, do I have to wait out the 14 day cooldown before I can set the alliance class for free? No. For merged accounts in the target universes, the 14 day cooldown has been temporarily waived, meaning you should be able to assign your free alliance class immediately. Once the merge has finished, this cooldown will be reinstated.
    Will the new universes have Lifeforms or FiDF active?
    Not yet, although these will look to be added at a later date once all the merges are complete.
    Will the new universes be backdated, so that time-based events (such as Happy Days) will be taken into account?
    Yes. Both new universes will have the "start" date amended so that affected events will act as if the server is already at least 1 year old.

If you see this, the image broke!
    OGame.org & OGame.us Admin

Edited 5 times, last by Rav3n ().

• I can't remember how v-mode works during a merge...it's been so long since I've been in a merge.

If I don't v-mode my account in the exodus uni, will it automatically v-mode when it goes to the target uni?

When I choose the target uni, will there be a countdown timer or anything that says when the account will land in the target uni?

When my account lands in the target uni and it's in v-mode, does it automatically come out of v-mode when I log into it for the first time in the target uni? Or will it wait for me to manually take it out of v-mode?

• With lifeforms you can do 50 lifeform-expeditions pr day. If they aren't used they add up and you can use them all later. Some of the exodus universes are thousands of days old. Perseus and Quadrantids will be 0 days old. Does this mean we'll be able to do less lifeform-expeditions? Or will all universes start with only 50 lifeform-expeditions from the day lifeforms is eventually introduced?

• 1. It will be vmoded in both unis.

2. You get "aCCount banned bar" , and it lasts for usualy 5-6hours or more for acc to be transfered, so you can go out drink etc etc, it will be VMODED till you LOG IN it as i remember. So even if its relocated and you can log in as usual, its in VM until you actually log ( or disable vm ) .

3. Answere above, but i think you have to unvmode it first, since there is no "vm duration" to wait for as usual 48hrs.

how many relocations do we get?

Guess only for occupied slots. or those in g6 if ur uni has g5 ur gona get for each planet/moon there a free relo.

gokui.png

... “Power comes in response to a need, not a desire.” ...

• Is there a way to put the stats of new universes we are migrating to in the merge info page. My English account is not merging but my Hungarian one is. It would be nice the have the universe settings before deciding which new universe to migrate to. I don't know how many players have accounts in different countries but I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Listen to all, follow none

• Is there a way to put the stats of new universes we are migrating to in the merge info page. My English account is not merging but my Hungarian one is. It would be nice the have the universe settings before deciding which new universe to migrate to. I don't know how many players have accounts in different countries but I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Read the spoiler in the above section titled " What are the settings of the target universes? "

FORTUNE FAVORS THE BRAVE BUT DISASTER COURTS THE FOOL

• Sorry Just unclear on a couple things.

1. How do I choose the target universe? Can I move over ahead of time?

2. Just to be clear I need to recreate my alliance and add members?

3. Do I need to contact my alliance members to ensure they all join the same universe? Or will buddies and alliances be moved together?

• how convenient that the whole thread with many players ignored input got deleted...

All i can say is: why are the fleet speed options so shi^ty? Why does the peaceful have to be faster than war?

What the players wanted was conveniently deleted, good some good soul archived it or a crawler did by a chance

https://web.archive.org/web/20…412-ogame-org-and-merges/

MikeGrinder6 reflected my sentiments to the fleets speed & eco & df selection in his post from 16th Nov:

Bought dm and going GY, but I think it was a waste of money though ...

• I have an issue on merge process. In Dorado (EN) I put a lot of effort to get very specific colonies focused deeply on deuterium mining. When colonizing, I re-rolled them many times to achieve combination of decent size and low temperature. As a result, 8 of my planets are in 15th slot having temperature below -125° (of possible -130°) and size above 190 (highest I've seen is 219), and one more planet in 8th slot has temperature of 31° (of possible 30°). And I'll be very, very sad if after merge these colonies end up having higher temperature.

I expect that after merge the colonies will keep original temperature (or at least match mentioned conditions). Is it true? Or should I create a support ticket to handle this specific case?

Become inactive and get free cleaning! Resource salvage ops included!

• Got message in my univers that there is gonna be a merge and I am in exodus??????????? I am devastated please help
    i have all the colonies on galaxy 7 in my univers ........... the option i will have to choose Pegasus will just have 5 galaxies
    what will happen to my planets????????????? i made all to be 1 system from eachother on aspecific postiotn and on the 7th galaxy only
    where will my planets go with only 5 galaxy what will the order be and what slot
    will i get FREE relocation for all my 11 planets that on 7th galaxy or i won't get ANYTHING and they (G F) will place my colonies without my consent in different place with different temprature and color
    i was on purpose choosing aspecific color cause i hate to see that boring green and blue look
    pleas esome one help who knows an asnwer who been through merging what will happen to my colonies in the new univers and thank you

• I have an issue on merge process. In Dorado (EN) I put a lot of effort to get very specific colonies focused deeply on deuterium mining. When colonizing, I re-rolled them many times to achieve combination of decent size and low temperature. As a result, 8 of my planets are in 15th slot having temperature below -125° (of possible -130°) and size above 190 (highest I've seen is 219), and one more planet in 8th slot has temperature of 31° (of possible 30°). And I'll be very, very sad if after merge these colonies end up having higher temperature.

I expect that after merge the colonies will keep original temperature (or at least match mentioned conditions). Is it true? Or should I create a support ticket to handle this specific case?

if you're lucky you will get the same spots or very close ones, if you do not get the same spots you "should" and I emphasize should (because the thread got conveniently deleted, and I don't remember if it was said there will be free relocations or not) get free slots. Logging a ticket may be a good idea if you don't get your slots or free relos.

• Logging a ticket may be a good idea if you don't get your slots or free relos

I don't need slots, I need temeperature, that's the whole point. It is said I'll get free relos when new position is different from original, but I actually don't care much about position/slot, I care only about temperature, that's why I'm asking.

Become inactive and get free cleaning! Resource salvage ops included!

• if the exodus uni has more galaxies than target, you will get 1 free relcation per each planet outside of target uni galaxies

if slots change - u get free relocation, if temp change u get nothing

• im 99% sure that temperature will stay the same, regardles of the slot it gets moved to

however further relocations will change the temp, so you might be stuck with the odd coords that the merge gives you

AvOZINI.png

Vreme će proći pa moći će svi da vide

Kako stojimo ponosni, večni ko piramide

• im 99% sure that temperature will stay the same, regardles of the slot it gets moved to

however further relocations will change the temp, so you might be stuck with the odd coords that the merge gives you

This. When I merged to Uni 1. I had a planet move from slot 15 to 9 and haven’t moved it since. To this day it’s one of my coldest planets. I get the benefit of 23% more metal and it’s also one of my highest producing planets deut wise.

• 8 of my planets are in 15th slot having temperature below -125° (of possible -130°) and size above 190 (highest I've seen is 219), and one more planet in 8th slot has temperature of 31° (of possible 30°). And I'll be very, very sad if after merge these colonies end up having higher temperature.

The game will make a copy/paste of your account.You will have the same temp on every colony even if it's moved to other pozition like from poz 15 to poz 13.The problem you can have will be with those that you have on poz 8.Will have same temperature but if it's moved to poz 9 or 7 you will get less metal production because it's % production by pozition and not temperature.If moved you get a free relocation but after using the relocation the game will make a new random temperature for the relocated colony.So... those with lower temperature will be fine but not those by the position in sistem.

Another thing that was chenged in the last merge (because i play on other comunity) is that the colony from 15 will not get on position lower that 13. So 15-13 / 12 - 4 / 3-1 ... i did try in the past to move a colony from 15 to 8 by ask a friend to block the sistem so that the game move me on poz 8 but the game moved my colony in the next sistem.

i have all the colonies on galaxy 7 in my univers

You will get moved in galaxy 5 with a free relocation for every colony moved.