Vega 2.0

• Maybe I'm reading your post wrong, but you're not making a whole lot of sense, so correct me if I'm wrong.

A whole bunch of servers were not scaled down. Only 1 as you mentioned being Vela from 8x to 5x as being the closest option (Thuban). Everything else was inline with the options given for targets for peaceful speed. And, if you formatted your planets for FS on those previous settings, you have free relocates to reformat your planets to adjust to the current speed for FS purposes. You already had options for a 4x and a 5x, but chose a target with 2x, so, how exactly was Thuban or Lacerta 'an even worse ratio' than choosing a 2x and wanting to change to a 4x now?

• Hey you folks, I'm new here in Vega

For a lot of us the reason to merge here wasn't

You already had options for a 4x and a 5x, but chose a target with 2x, so, how exactly was Thuban or Lacerta 'an even worse ratio' than choosing a 2x and wanting to change to a 4x now?

In the small world of Ogame, Vega is fairly live and populated uni, when some of you say: why didn't you go to Thuban or somewhere else, the answer is here, at the beginning of this sentence.

I understand that switching ON deut to DF and/or deut ratio is a big change and this must have some in-depth discussion.

In regards to changing peaceful speed, this would affect FS speeds and planet locations. I would expect GF giving relos if this passes during a poll.

• Not a chance....for a vote to pass it needs to reach 70% in favour, why would GF give free relocations when the majority are choosing it?

I'm not against deut to df...but it's strange that accounts that have paid GF's wage bill for the past year are worried about spending a small amount of dm to use the merchant. I'd argue that if deut to df was going to be put in, then df% would need to go to 50%, 60% with deut is too much, when you consider the MSU gain you'd get from deut.

Friendly fleet speed....yeah would be nice for sure but i can also see how it screws up some accounts here that have been here for years....

• Anyhow, i do think, Vega is fine as it is after thinking about it. You joined Vega, accept the settings you choose for.

You could have joined any other server but picked Vega.

Feels like someone is moving into my appartment and now wants to change the way we live to his standards.

i understand what you mean. But it is not our fault that GameForge decided to close some Unis and give only that opportunities to chose what we had. some players chosen Vega because it settings closest to settings of Uni we are from. and yes, sometimes something needs to change. surely, not we decided what to do with settings. we can only offer some changes and surely GF needs to collect as much voices or opinions as they can. if local Vega players will be against changes - okay. but again, not players decided to do what we have, we only choosed from what GF gave us. and it would be nice to satisfy all players with compromise

• My understanding is you only get free relocates for planets where they were not able to match an equivalent slot.

IE - planet at 6:1:1 (Vela was 6 galaxy) has an equivalent in Vega at 9:1:1. If they are able to put my planet at the equivalent location in a 9 galaxy server I don't get a free relocate. I currently have no relocation items, so unless they are waiting until the merge is complete to hand out the items, I don't think I'm going to get any. Also seems more important to use the relocate to move the planets they couldn't place properly. You likely can't both fix the misaligned planet placements and the FS inefficiency with free items. Unless you pressuposs the misalignment happens to also be the FS targets.

As far as the rest, I'm not sure how it makes less sense to say 8x to 5x is a worse ratio than 8x to 2x. We have people ITT saying going from 2x to 4x will ruin FS, but at the least they are multiples of each other. 5x and 8x are completely incompatible, which is probably why so mant Vela players came here. If you agree with long term Vega players saying 2x to 4x will ruin FS, im not sure how you can say it makes no sense to say the same of 8x to 5x. It's more natural to go from 8x to 4x or 2x IMO and seems more than fair to have our ratio reduced by half while doubling yours.

I don't remember getting an option to transfer to Lacerta but if even we did, there's no ACS, which is an even bigger non-starter than any of the changes being discussed here.

Edited 2 times, last by Horatio ().

• As far as the rest, I'm not sure how it makes less sense to say 8x to 5x is a worse ratio than 8x to 2x. We have people ITT saying going from 2x to 4x will ruin FS, but at the least they are multiples of each other. 5x and 8x are completely incompatible, which is probably why so mant Vela players came here. If you agree with long term Vega players saying 2x to 4x will ruin FS, im not sure how you can say it makes no sense to say the same of 8x to 5x. It's more natural to go from 8x to 4x or 2x IMO and seems more than fair to have our ratio reduced by half while doubling yours.

this is one of the reasons why i said taht it is easier to do 1x for war fleets instead of 4x peaceful :)

but all of this can be not acceptable for local players

• I'll let the moderators decide when and how a poll should be brought up, but I think many different opinions have been shared and Id say there's enough argument for two different polls.

Change '70% to df and no deut to df' to '60% to df and deut to df'

and

change '2x peacefull speed' to '4x peacefull speed'

I think we can argue that they atleast ought to be brought up at polls. I personally think it makes more sense to suggest 4x peaceful than 3x due to FS times being somewhat similar assuming you use 60%/40%/20% fs speeds atm. - it would simply change to 30%/20%/10% speed you'd have to use, but the timings would stay the same.

Hope I make sense and if not, I assuming the moderators are sharp enough to spot the good points in this thread.

Old school gamer

• Fully agree with the peaceful fleet speed to 4x. Make everyone's expos fly faster and the only negative impact is it changes the fleetsaving habits.

Indifferent to the DF but still agree it should be voted on.

• 1. I'll vote against about changing to peaceful fleet speed x4.

2. I'll vote for deut into DF. Ozone was a balanced uni and it had deut into DF. It will help smaller accounts more than it will the big ones since any whale will be willing to spend some DM to trade it at the merchant. I hope this one goes forward!

This coming from a 50/50 acc player.

Senza-titolo-1.png

Edited 2 times, last by Absinthium ().

• Vega has always been x2 uni, and it should remain as such. Deployment speed is essential part of how the uni works, both in terms of own fleetsave, and catching other players. Change that, and you've changed the real life balance many players have. It's a proven case that faster universes die quicker so let's not go down that path. If it's expo speed you want, then ask for speed boost only on expo missions, perhaps it can be done. But don't touch fleetsave patterns.

• In that case, I would like to ask for an expo fleet speed change to the maximum allowable, although with the current rules for settings I don't think it's possible. If expo fleet speed and war speed against inactives could be separated from the rest somehow, that would be great.

• Vega has always been x2 uni, and it should remain as such. Deployment speed is essential part of how the uni works, both in terms of own fleetsave, and catching other players. Change that, and you've changed the real life balance many players have. It's a proven case that faster universes die quicker so let's not go down that path. If it's expo speed you want, then ask for speed boost only on expo missions, perhaps it can be done. But don't touch fleetsave patterns.

Then the argument goes both ways. If it suits 70% of people to go 4x peaceful, then it should should change.
    And servers dying faster has nothing to do with fast peaceful fleets, if anything, as long as you can cover your FS patterns, it is better to have faster peaceful because gathering res takes less time overall.

The real killer of servers is fast war because people bruteforce spy and fly with extremely short attacks and catch guys that went to the toilet without their phone.

• This is not an argument, I'm not joining a dead server without ACS or a 5x war server coming from x1 with ACS. And please don't mention uni 1, that's wasn't a reasonable option either.

People were forced to merge, if your opinion is outnumbered, then you will have to deal with it.

EDIT: and you should blame GF for it, trust me, we would have prefered to merge somewhere closer in terms of settings and overall player lvl to our original uni.

• This is not an argument, I'm not joining a dead server without ACS or a 5x war server coming from x1 with ACS. And please don't mention uni 1, that's wasn't a reasonable option either.

People were forced to merge, if your opinion is outnumbered, then you will have to deal with it.

EDIT: and you should blame GF for it, trust me, we would have prefered to merge somewhere closer in terms of settings to our original uni.

I am not afraid of my opinion being outnumbered on fleet speed because i know big majority won't vote for that. I am afraid deut won't go to debries, that's what my experience says

Senza-titolo-1.png

• There are valid reasons for deut not going to debris. I myself would rather it does not, but it's not a dealbreaker if a yes goes through.

I hope we all get to vote on it soon enough. Last setting change on Mathilde was beyond absurd because we had to wait several months for it to go through.

Then the argument goes both ways. If it suits 70% of people to go 4x peaceful, then it should should change.
    And servers dying faster has nothing to do with fast peaceful fleets, if anything, as long as you can cover your FS patterns, it is better to have faster peaceful because gathering res takes less time overall.

The real killer of servers is fast war because people bruteforce spy and fly with extremely short attacks and catch guys that went to the toilet without their phone.

You actively chose a server you knew had 2x fleet speed instead of Lacerta/Thuban which you knew had higher fleet speeds, there is no arguing about that. Most players choose Vega for those speeds because it works better with real life, I think a lot of players will consider quitting Vega if the fleet speeds are changed.

This is not an argument, I'm not joining a dead server without ACS or a 5x war server coming from x1 with ACS. And please don't mention uni 1, that's wasn't a reasonable option either.

EDIT: and you should blame GF for it, trust me, we would have prefered to merge somewhere closer in terms of settings and overall player lvl to our original uni.

Why not join Lacerta (the dead server as you call it) and change the settings from ACS OFF to ACS ON? Probably easier to get that vote through there (it's already been suggested).

• You're right, yet again GF's merge options were terrible....we were asked for feedback and nothing changed apart from deciding not to add extra galaxies.

Maybe feed this back through the relevant channels, and you won't see players already discussing settings changes on 50% of the merge universes...I know you're not a GF employee and you can only do so much, but they certainly don't listen to the players so maybe, just maybe they might listen to you....but knowing GF, nah

The vote needs 70% to go through, if you're so sure it would get rejected then what's the issue? The sort of attitude "go to Lacerta and change their settings instead" is absurd......A lot of players have had to change their habits and how they play here, me included....because we were forced to merge with 4 terrible options....at least you'd get a vote.