Question regarding lifeform research of drives

• Hello \o.

So im interested in lifeform research "plasma drive" and "fusion drives". Is there a cap on speed of ships or if i level both will they stack? What i mean is can there be "lifeform bonus tech 200%" and will it work like flat 200% or/and will there be diminishing returns after how much %?

So if basic speed of small cargo is 10,000 and i get 100% lifeform bonus it means i get my ship to fly at 20,000. So if there is 200% do i get my ship to fly 30,000?

Edited once, last by zajeb ().

• Yes ofcourse :). Knowing that it won't be 3x faster i am curious as to know what would the "cap" of speedboost be before it becomes diminishing :). Like is it worth going for 400% and what time difference you achieve compared to 200%. Would those extra 200% be worth it or it is diminished.

• Yes ofcourse :). Knowing that it won't be 3x faster i am curious as to know what would the "cap" of speedboost be before it becomes diminishing :). Like is it worth going for 400% and what time difference you achieve compared to 200%. Would those extra 200% be worth it or it is diminished.

if I’m not mistaken I think you’ll find 400% quite cost prohibitive. Just as an example Plasma Drive is 0.2% per level…so 30 levels per planet with your chosen lifeform at level 100 and 15 planets only results in a 99% speed boost to your ships. So that’s a cost of roughly 9.6 billion MSU per planet. You fair slightly better with Fusion Drive because it’s 0.5% instead of instead of 0.2%, but it’s only for civilian ships. The average large, multi billion point fleeter sees a breakpoint somewhere around 20-25 levels of Plasma Drives per planet.

These techs are most useful when you combine them with other things to make you faster (high drive levels, general class, ship related lifeform techs, etc.

I know this isn’t the answer to how much time you’d save on going point A to point B. At the end of the day a multi billion point fleeter isn’t going to see much beyond 150% ship speed

• No no you helped alot with your explanation and examples. This is very helpful and what i've been looking for. True it's not mathemathical calculation but what most do is fine for me :). Thank you!

I've got my answer so you can close thread if needed.

• Neotinea

Closed the thread.