Posts by Cassandra Vandales

Pretty good! Life has its ups and downs, but I am still standing and giving life a whopping. :D

Got two lovely boys to keep me up at night. So pretty lucky all in all :)
    How's your little girl? She about 9 years old now right? Still a smarty pants like her mom? ^^

Ah life. Yes yes.

Kids do that. Sleep is overrated anyway, right. Sadly, I have realized that I can't pull allnighters that easily anymore.

Yes, she turned 9 in September. You can bet she's smart. She is doing Karate, slowly earning her belts, she's really good at it. Especially her kicks are devastating. And her favourite subject at school is math. Great grades all around.

How old are yours now?

I work as a historian/archivist in a small archive, the archive for social movements. Taking in anything interesting about the topic (books, documents, any object, posters, placards etc), listing them, storing, preparing exhibitions with what we have and whatever else is needed.

:love:

So how have you been? LRPG and family?

Is it the end nigh, do all the dead rise again?
    I do not know, but for some reason we all came back to take a peak at .org again. :D

Hope you are well <3

P.s. For cringy old times sake: *wiggles*

DENNIS!!!!!!!!!!

*jumphugs*

I wasn't all dead, but took a leave of absence. I was actually fully back for a while.

I'm ok, mainly.

So many changes in the game Cass - they steal your food and kill your peeplz now. barbaric :O

Oh I know. Fun:D

Alright, I won't comment on the example, as I am well aware that these discussions should be clarified elsewhere.

In a general sense, I understand where you are coming from. Light banter, teasing, rivalry etc are needed to have some fun. The issue is that we are not homogenous personalities. Even if it was only one country it would be impossible to be able to be of one opinion. Org has always been even more difficult because here we have so many different people from many different countries and cultural backgrounds. What's acceptable there might not be here, and so on. It's a real challenge where to draw the line for staff. I many discussions about this internally back in the day. Important is to communicate and to be able to explain a decision. I'm not sure if I would have closed the thread, but I haven't seen the posts before they were edited.

Concerning one aspect, I am probably a walking nostalgia person. Uni 1 was what started the org.y, and even though I never could play there 100%, I was always quite well versed in all the ingame politics and knew nearly everyone. When I think about Uni 1 in its old days, I remember well enough all the animosities, all.the.spam., all the questions, all the fun... There is a reason why many who return have ties to Uni 1, then it was a community like no other.

Still alive and kicking ^^

Stressig times, loads of them, and a lot going on here.

Ah you surely do fine :)

Dan and I go way back... waaaaaay back.

The forums we met back in... 2003? don't exist anymore, but we made memories there auf then I innocently posted a link to OGame.org. Well...

I founded Jen, invited a few people, and as I am German I had to stop playing for a while (long story), but stuck around as Smod and then BA. Dan later joined staff on my request, and his journey at OGame and Gameforge took him places...

At first he climbed ranks here until he was BA, leading JeB ever since I made him the leader in 2004, and we had so much fun. Endless discussions, nights talked through, meeting amazing people like bibob , and sadly many people we have met aren't around here anymore.

Dan even became a bona fide community Manager at Gameforge and for a while he was my boss here :D Good times.

Well, 18 years is a long time. Everything has changed since the early days, the game, the internet, us. OGame without you is hard to imagine, but I can't blame you.

<3 and we need to catch up.