Posts by piink

Dear community,

we are aware many of you were not happy with the Exodus and Target selection of Group 2.

For this reason we removed Dorado (156) from the Exodus selection and added iit to the same group as a Target.

Your OGame Team.

While these groups were evaluated considering the servers activity and the ranks of the accounts in the groups, it will always be super hard to do both at the same time: set up merges of servers with equal stats and equal player ranks.

Believe it or not we are happy to have feedback, always, at all times no matter how nasty it can get.

With that being said, we do read the feedback, especially when it comes to such merge moves and we are making a change in group 2 to keep a server on speed x1 in there.

For this reason we are turning Dorado 156 into a target server of the group so people who want to stay in a fully miner server can do so.

Adding the change to the news section.

Also, I'd like to add in here that it might be that if all of you try to merge on Monday at 10:00 AM together, targets might not load for all at the same time. Be patience, there is room for everybody and if you have issues during over the next days and cannot select a target (and don't have an account already in the target) you can contact us through support and we'll move you. Also be aware that when we move an account manually, there are no relocations or comanding perks, so take a break between attempts if relocations and commanding staff are important for you.

So I'm seeing a lot of he said she said for the reasoning but what's the official reason Marketplace isn't a thing anymore? It was a great way for me to make extra res selling extra ships or to trade res I had extra of or another type.

The performance of the marketplace did not work as expected, items had to be removed and the exploit of the market for converting ilegal actions into legal didn't help.

There is a current evaluation happening through the feature and while this is the case it won't come to new servers. Still to be determined the future of it, but things take time as you have seen in the recent updates. :/

How do players get involved in this evaluation? I am sure players would have a lot of useful feedback and suggestions to make the market place work

everything that gets shared here in stomt and in discord is read, grouped in feedback divided by communities and then put together for the product team weekly, new ideas make it to these rpeorts especially when they are shared throughout different languages or from a big part of the active community in a single forum. The way to go is expressing what you feel that has to be changed not just saying "X thing sucks".

The merge looks quite smoother than the 2018 one. We did have cases where some targets did not show up. In these cases we can help moving you manully to the targets, but then you don't get the commanding staff and relocations ( as the manual move works as the transfer item).

So far I have not seen any fleet loss (had merges in ES, AR, MX).

We did see some poeple being moved to a different galaxy for no reason, which got fixed in a bugfix version so won't happen again and we did see people getting extra officer days on failed merge attempts ( which won't happen again cause also got fixed).

With mass merges you do get a relocation spot per planet moved if it happens naturally (as I said not manually).

Right now, inactive Vmoded accounts from targets don't move to the graveyard unfortunately.

I was here in 2018 and I'm here now and it has its ups and downs, but definitely it works super smooth this time.

Edit to say it won't let you select target if you have fleet flying.

So I'm seeing a lot of he said she said for the reasoning but what's the official reason Marketplace isn't a thing anymore? It was a great way for me to make extra res selling extra ships or to trade res I had extra of or another type.

The performance of the marketplace did not work as expected, items had to be removed and the exploit of the market for converting ilegal actions into legal didn't help.

There is a current evaluation happening through the feature and while this is the case it won't come to new servers. Still to be determined the future of it, but things take time as you have seen in the recent updates. :/

The problem is brought up weekly to the team and not only from the English community, from several ones, but we don't have news about it, all we can do is continue pushing the issue to the dev team.

As Cassandra explained, the updates go server by server. It starts at the given time, but it can take up to 2 hours to reach your server.

Dear community,

at 14:30 CEST we are applying a hotfix version to all servers.

This patch does not bring anything visible for all communities, but only to PT and BR.

The target selection for the servers where the merge has started will only load the specific target groups after this version has been applied.

This patch will prevent other servers from showing up also in future merges.

Your OGame Team.

Dear community,

Tomorrow, 17th of September we will patch the public test servers with the version 7.5.0-beta3

The PST will be updated at 10:00 CEST.

Here is what is coming:

Rebalance of Player Class

- As any other class effects, these apply as long as the class is active!

General class

- Fleetspeed works now in 5% steps.

- 5 additional moon slots as long as the class is active.

- Deactivating the class will cause the additional slots to vanish.

- Buildings that use up these new slots will not vanish even when the class is gone and will continue to occupy the slots above limit.

- Increased storage capacity for Recycler and Pathfinder.

- The bonus is set on the base capacity of the ships.

- The bonus needs to be active on the time of the event to work.

- If the class is deactivated before the ships reach for example a debris field, the bonus will not apply!

- This is a general increase in storage capacity, not only for debris fields.

- The bonus is set on 20%.

- Discount on finishing Ships with premium currency.

Collector class

- If both Collector class and the Geologist are active, you can use additional Crawlers above the usual limit.

- You can now overload Crawlers.

- Crawlers can be set up until 150% of their workload as long as the class is active.

- Every 10% raise above 100% costs 20% additional energy!

- Deactivating the class during overload will cause it to jump back to 100%.

- Discount on finishing Buildings with premium currency.

Discoverer class

- 50% lowered chance of meeting pirates or aliens on expedition.

- Weekly maximum added to the possibility of finding items on expedition.

- Both daily and weekly maximum work together! If one is reached, no items will be found!

- Discount on finishing Research with premium currency.

Note: In case the event for discounts on speeding up upgrades is running, both boni will add together

Metal bonus

*Positions 6-10 now get a metal production bonus (similar to the crystal bonus on the first positions).

*The bonus means an increased base production for metal as long as a planet is on one of these positions. *Positions 6+10 have the same bonus= 17%. Positions 7+9 have the same bonus= 23%. 8 has another bonus= 35%. The bonus on position 8 is the hightest, on 6+10 the lowest.

Bugfixes

[Bugfix] The shortlink sorting to select target coordinates when sending fleets has been fixed.

[Bugfix] The reaper cargo capacity is restored to 10000.

[Bugfix] The free merchant received in the started bonus works properly now.

[Bugfix] The phalanx does not give fatal error when using it multiple times any longer.

Your OGame Team

Hey,

to answer the question, we are not planning on doing refunds due to features changig in the game.

The game is under constant development and things do get changed, "balanced" or even removed over time.

The premium perks are offered for as long as they are part of the development of the game and it is the player's choice to pay to use them or not, but paying for premium features doesn't grant the right to decide what comes and goes from the game so unfortunately what you are asking for is not an option.

I'm not meant to be rude, I apologise if it sounds like that or too direct, I'm just trying to give straight answers to the questions.

Dear community,

at 13:00 CEST we will update the server to the version 7.4.0-pl-7.

With this version, the honor points will be part of the transfer in merges ( as they were not being transfer in the NL merges).

Unfortunately we cannot fix it for the transfers that have already been done.

Your OGame Team.

Dear community,

We are rolling out a patch in all servers today at 14:30 CEST.

This patch fixes a few issues we faced in the OGame NL merge process.

The game will change into version 7.4.0 pl-6 once the update is done.

Dear community,

we are applying a hotfix version for the merges at 19:00 CEST in the Public Test servers and all NL servers.

With this patch the selection of target servers will be fixed.

This patch will be applied tomorrow, 1st of September in all communities at 10:00 CEST in preparation for future merges.

Your OGame Team.

Dear Community,

On Friday 28th and Saturday 29th of August, players will be able to find items on expeditions, these items are the same they can get in auctions & import/export.

2016-01-27_OG_Announcementbilder_Events_Expedition_mehr_Items.jpg

Best regards,

Your OGame ORG Team