Posts by Arcstranger

I interpreted Piink's explanation of the formula to mean all expeditions get the same economy boost; as an bonus, Discoverer's get an increase to the base loot.. which non-discoverer's do not get..

Do we have any results from non-discover expeditions to post to help the discussion?

"Your expedition discovered a small asteroid from which some resources could be harvested.

Deuterium 333.333 have been captured.

Entry from the communications officers logbook: It seems that this part of the universe has not been explored yet.
    "

Uni: Vega, fleet sent, 500 lc 1 pf 1 probe. (so not maximum, but it gives an idea). So the above has no discoverer (or any) class.

Same day I switched to discoverer class, with the following result.

"Your expedition discovered a small asteroid from which some resources could be harvested.

Metal 21.000.000 have been captured.

Entry from the communications officers logbook: It feels great to be the first ones traveling through an unexplored sector.Your expedition discovered a small asteroid from which some resources could be harvested
    ."

This fleet was about 2,5 times larger though.

Same for the next fleet.

"We found the remains of an armada. The technicians directly went to the almost intact ships to try to get them to work again.

The following ships are now part of the fleet:

Large Cargo: 733

Small Cargo: 118

Heavy Fighter: 340

Light Fighter: 177

Destroyer: 1

Pathfinder: 7

Entry from the communications officers logbook: It feels great to be the first ones traveling through an unexplored sector
    ."

Perhaps this will help.

Getting defense on a moon via market would be very OP.

Might be time to add a new type of moon building though...that could speed up construction a little bit. But that suggestion belongs in another thread.

And yeah, the market is super weird atm, doesn't feel remotely finished at all.

The DFs are also tiny unless you send all combat ships (say several k PFs). It’s not much benefit tbh.

Yeah they are very small. The percentage of debris from the enemy is low to non existent it seems.

So high chance you lose res on those encounters.

I'm still not sure about how the debris in deep space is implemented.

At the moment there seems little benefit in having the perk. Chance to get pirates/aliens as far as I have seen is much higher than in Leda (although this could be chance of course) and when you get them, they absolutely give you no benefit whatsoever.

So just to remind everyone, you can still get a lot of nothing on expo's. And to benefit from the debris you need to be better and faster than everyone else around you to profit from it.

As much as I want to see the MCO in full swing on every server, this feels a tad too soon.

Can we at least consider an attack ban until all major issues have been resolved?

At least an attack ban for a start right? With the announcement time and all?

Some more news about full implementation would be nice to I guess...

- the explorer class feature to get bigger planets doesn't change the size of existing planets. in case you change class after colonizing a big planet the size will remain the same.

So the main advantage of the class is useless in old universes is what you are saying?

All UK servers

Dear community,

we are having an update with hotfixes at 16:00 CET today.

The update will come to all servers that already contain MCO ( for UK it is Leda and Janice).

This is the ingame message.

'Dear community,

today, 12th of December, we will update all UK servers into the version 7.1.0-rc11 (except Leda and Janice as they already have it).

With this update the Mega Content will be available in the servers for you.

The update will happen at 15:00 CET.

Your OGame Team"

First of all, it is essential that we are told how all bonusses will have their affect. Do existing planets count for the Discoverer bonus size for instance, or not? If not, most players will probably not choose it...

In terms of formula's, I haven't been able to figure out much basic data yet. What I did find is that with the Discoverer you can find a decent amount of ships of any kind, which is quite nice.

For what it is worth, in Leda it seems at least that all classes are at least viable.

I will await the response from the team now.