Posts by Valeyard

Long story short. Some time ago I noticed some nice fleet from Whelpit. Back then I couldn't profit from it, but in couple of months things can change. To be fair, I only saw Whelpit's fleet once before in like 3 or 4 months, so I was utterly surprised to see it sitting on a moon without activity today. That has not happened before, so I hope everything is ok.

Anyway, 5k destroyers :destroyer: and 50 RIPs :deathstar: down and some tidy profits for me.

GLORB Whelpit.

On 22-07-2021 --:--:--, the following fleets met in battle:

Attacker Vale [WCKD]

Light Fighter 115.055

Heavy Fighter 32.745

Cruiser 19.267

Battleship 8.435

Battlecruiser 10.446

Bomber 7.503

Destroyer 3.497

Reaper 3.715

Pathfinder 2.000

Defender Whelpit

Small Cargo 2.911

Large Cargo 8.884

Light Fighter 53.741

Heavy Fighter 723

Colony Ship 1

Recycler 2.000

Espionage Probe 13.285

Destroyer 5.000

Deathstar 50

After the battle ...

Attacker Vale [WCKD]

Light Fighter 100.386 ( -14.669 )

Heavy Fighter 28.645 ( -4.100 )

Cruiser 17.238 ( -2.029 )

Battleship 7.953 ( -482 )

Battlecruiser 9.859 ( -587 )

Bomber 7.072 ( -431 )

Destroyer 3.291 ( -206 )

Reaper 3.493 ( -222 )

Pathfinder 1.776 ( -224 )

Defender Whelpit

Destroyed!

The attacker has won the battle!

The attacker captured:

62.583.997 Metal, 44.932.770 Crystal and 2.684.754 Deuterium

36.103.620 Metal, 11.233.192 Crystal and 671.188 Deuterium

8.223.905 Metal, 2.808.298 Crystal and 167.797 Deuterium

2.455.976 Metal, 702.075 Crystal and 41.949 Deuterium

The attacker lost a total of 344.336.000 units.

The defender lost a total of 1.514.771.000 units.

At these space coordinates now float 266.553.175 metal and 187.992.926 crystal.

The attacker captured a total of 172.609.521 units.

The chance for a moon to be created from the debris was 20%.

Debris harvested by the attacker(s):

266.553.175 Metal and 187.995.326 Crystal

32.773.625 Metal and 23.114.374 Crystal

Total debris harvested by the attacker(s):

299.326.800 Metal and 211.109.700 Crystal

Summary of profit/losses:

Summary attackers(s)

Metal: 205.635.298

Crystal: 158.159.035

Deuterium: -25.084.312

The attacker(s) made a profit of 338.710.021 units.

Summary defender(s)

Metal: -904.064.498

Crystal: -650.740.335

Deuterium: -132.575.688

The defender(s) lost a total of 1.687.380.521 units.

Powered by OGotcha CR Converter 4.3.2

More reasonably, I'd suggest the in-game poll should be on the most popular changes suggested (vs. no change).

I actually do agree that based on the discussion, there should be an ingame poll.

But there is a big problem with that. Namely, no change is also an option. It is not just change that are options. No change is also an option. And in the thread the most popular option was no change. So just looking at what option to vote on, the most popular option is no change. And there is no point on voting for no change. So applying such logic, it is not strange there is no poll. Like I said before, if there would be two equal options (no change vs. specific change) and around 70% of posters would want a change, then there would most likely be a poll.

But as said couple of posts before, it could just be that GF doesn't want to change Dorado from 1X/1X/1X.

Small majority of posters desire a change, yes. However, only way to show there might be a large enough majority for specific change, is through the forum posts. If we follow the logic that real size of majority for a change would be shown only in an in-game poll, there should first be an in-game poll on what the question should be. So getting a question in a forum thread is more realistic. However, the question should be clear. And from what went on in this thread, question what changes should be voted upon was anything but clear. Too many people wanting too many different options. So to be honest, since there was not a clear majority of posters for a change and also no clear agreed upon setting to be voted upon, no vote is somewhat logical conclusion.

I think allready on top of page 3 I posted what most prefered options were, and people wanting a change could unite back in early March on a single option. Seems they decided they would rather stick to personal preferences.

So, for everybody, again :unsure::

Original announcement read, polls will be set up. It didn't say they will be set up in all the servers. Pagan opened the discussion, which was the first thing needed to be done. Then people started expressing their opinions. I have counted 23 different posters expressing their wishes in a way which was understandable. Some of them a lot more then once. And out of those 23, eco wishes were as follows:

43% no change

26% eco 4x

17% eco 2x

4% eco 6x

4% eco 8x

As for research, 21 posters could be understood what they want:

42% no change

29% research 4x

10% research 8x

7% research 14x

5% research 2x

So you can all see, that most popular setting was no change.

If anybody wanted a poll, I think 2 conditions would have to be fulfilled:

1. Wast majority (probably more then 70%) of different posters would have to want a change - WAS NOT FULFILLED

2. There would have to be a single setting to be voted upon - WAS NOT FULFILLED

So in very simple terms, those that are dissatisfied with not getting a poll, should blame themselves, for not posting clearly and uniformly.

And again, this is the second discussion for settings change in Dorado. And same outcome, because of the same reason – people unable to unify on a single wish.

No speed change(edited)

econ to x4 yes/no

research to x8 yes/no

deut to 60% yes/no

- no fleet speed change

- faster Eco/research (eco 4x or 6x, research 8x or 12x)

- more debris (doesn't matter how much more - whatever is reasonable)

- less deut consumption (doesn't matter how much as long as it's less than now)

- reduce the number of galaxies

faster eco 4x or 6x

research 8x or 12x

no fleet speed change keep it as is.

OK. For the 93rd time, I added up all the opinions of people posting in this thread. And what came up was:

Fleetspeed: NO CHANGE (22 opinions)

Ecospeed: no change (10 opinions)/4x (6 opinions)/2x (4 opinions)

Research speed: no change (9 opinions)/4x (6 opinions)/8x (2 opinions)

Debris percentage: NO CHANGE (there were like 5 people wanting a change)

Number of galaxies: NO CHANGE (there were like 3 people wanting a change)

Deut consuption: no change (12 opinions)/something (like 4 or 5 people not even saying what they want)

I guess even a blind man could see what the most wanted settings are from above list

Not much of a story here. Only posting becouse it's wall of shame.

Not too long ago, Kosmaster lost his fleet, becouse he believed fleet saving is for noobs.

So, if even such catastrophic events like loosing entire fleet doesn't convince you fleetsaving is good, then you just deserve to be crashed.

Anyway, FR Kosmaster, start fleetsaving.

On 02-04-2021 --:--:--, the following fleets met in battle:

Attacker Vale [WCKD]

Destroyer 2.749

Reaper 1.600

Defender Kosmaster [DARK]

Small Cargo 436

Large Cargo 153

Light Fighter 989

Heavy Fighter 389

Cruiser 173

Battleship 109

Recycler 3

Espionage Probe 883

Bomber 22

Solar Satellite 150

Destroyer 27

Battlecruiser 48

Reaper 5

Pathfinder 82

Rocket Launcher 3.600

Light Laser 1.600

Heavy Laser 680

Gauss Cannon 713

Ion Cannon 1.273

Plasma Turret 140

Small Shield Dome 1

Large Shield Dome 1

After the battle ...

Attacker Vale [WCKD]

Destroyer 2.710 ( -39 )

Reaper 1.594 ( -6 )

Defender Kosmaster [DARK]

Destroyed!

The attacker has won the battle!

The attacker captured:

17.579.860 Metal, 6.358.872 Crystal and 2.905.712 Deuterium

8.789.940 Metal, 3.179.484 Crystal and 1.452.884 Deuterium

The attacker lost a total of 5.835.000 units.

Total damage attacker including follow-ups: 7.545.000 units.

The defender lost a total of 107.797.000 units.

Total damage defender including follow-ups: 155.651.000 units.

At these space coordinates now float 5.304.825 metal and 3.597.075 crystal.

Extra debris caused by the follow-up(s): 213.750 metal and 106.875 crystal.

The attacker captured a total of 40.266.752 units.

The chance for a moon to be created from the debris was 20%.

Debris harvested by the attacker(s):

1.768.275 Metal and 1.199.025 Crystal

71.250 Metal and 35.625 Crystal

5.518.575 Metal and 3.705.075 Crystal

Total debris harvested by the attacker(s):

7.358.100 Metal and 4.939.725 Crystal

Summary of profit/losses:

Summary attackers(s)

Metal: 29.927.900

Crystal: 11.723.081

Deuterium: 3.368.596

The attacker(s) made a profit of 45.019.577 units.

Summary defender(s)

Metal: -116.497.800

Crystal: -62.915.356

Deuterium: -16.504.596

The defender(s) lost a total of 195.917.752 units.

Powered by OGotcha CR Converter 4.3.1

I disagree, I think most people who have spoken here do want a change - am I wrong?

You are not wrong:

13 people want a change in eco, 10 people don't want a change in eco.

12 people want a change in research speed, 9 people don't want a change in research speed.

There were two people that wanted a change in eco and didn't say anything about research speed.

So, yes a majority wants a change. Although that majority isn't really big.

There were some people that shouted approximately 15 times, that they want a change. And there were some people that shouted 15 times that they don't want a change.

And in any case, if anybody is under impression that by changing eco speed they would be able to catch up to the highest ranked players in the uni, I can vouch they are wrong. While some of those people have been in v mode, here is how much points some people gained since the merge:

1. +30 429 485

2. +25 256 781

3. +10 575 631

4. +10 005 651

5. +9 445 648

6. +9 177 989

7. +8 745 085

8. +8 359 574

9. +8 242 506

10. +6 537 206

1. Change to x4 econ and x6 research - yes/no

2. Change deut to 75% - yes/no

3. Change DF to 50% - yes/no

Option 1 is supposed to be impossible. Research speed is supposed to be a multiple of eco. And besides, according to opinions inside this thread, the one and only question should be:

1. Change economy speed to x4 and research speed to x4 Yes/No

Or:

1. Change economy speed to x4 Yes/No

2. Change research speed to x4 Yes/No

All other options (like change of df or change of deut consumption) were outnumbered by opinions against change.

The reason I am in favour of higher eco and research is,

because that is like the Uni I came from (Galatea),

and I chose those settings because they are the most fun for me.

I do think most of the people that want settings changes want them to equal settings in their previous uni.

I understand that my views may be selfish, but I am entitled to my vote.

More or less everybody posting here is posting becouse of selfish reasons. You are just the first one to admit.

Even I would like a change in research speed from purely selfish reasons.

I did read a good evaluation from one of the participants of this thread: No matter what happens with settings, whether they change or not, the player number will continue to decline with same rate.

If settings change, some 10 maybe 20 players will exit perma V-mode and play for a month or two before they get tired again and V-mode again. Then again, some 10-20 players will enter V-mode becouse they will dislike they change. So in the end, the net result will be 0 either way.

There definitely won't be any new players who would join Dorado becouse of the new settings. Why would anybody join an old established uni, that has same settings as a brand new uni that just opened?

And attrition rate will be same, no matter what the settings.

Only positive with changing settings to higher eco would be, to get accounts to grow faster for the next merge. But even then, if Dorado will be merged to another uni, that uni will be older with bigger accounts and higher eco, so we wouldn't be competitive anyway.

But if settings change, there is a big downside for original Dorado accounts. For example, my account isn't set up for 4x eco speed. My storages can hold 2 days of mine production in 1x eco. If eco changes, I would need to drastically increase storages on all planets. So, from my point of view, any change in eco definitely wouldn't benefit me.

It is original Ogame server setting from decades ago. It is special becouse of that. And right now, in all the communities worldwide, I don't think there are 5 more with same setting.

Anyway, I did tally up peoples opinions and most prefered option still is no change. Second most prefered is eco 4x, research 4x. So in terms of fairness, if there is a vote it should be No change versus 4x eco, 4x research.

Well, as it stands, if my counting was correct:

Fleetspeed 1x 20,5 votes

Fleetspeed not 1x 0,5 votes

Eco speed 1x 11 votes

Eco speed 2x 3 votes

Eco speed 4x 4 votes

Research speed 1x 10 votes

Research speed 4x 4 votes

Research speed 8x 2 votes

Deuterium consumption 1x 12 votes

Deuterium consumption not 1x 5 votes

Those that said adjust eco and research a bit, got their votes split between 2x and 4x. Those that said more then 1 option, got their votes split. Those that said adjust deut consumption or df a bit, got their votes disregarded. I ain't psyhic, and I have no idea what a bit means for you.

Anyhow, from the above numbers, poll question should be:

1. No change

2. Change Eco speed to 4x and research speed to 4x.

Anybody disagree with this?

oh and almost completely forgot

Cathedral which uni is your current account from? from a higher eco uni and with 4x the points than you would have had with a "classic 1x ogame" acc..

I still hold an original Dorado account, actually highest ranked original Dorado account, actually I still hold my original Dorado account.. :thumbsup:

So, let's cut the chit chat of what and how, who got the bad end of the merge, whose is bigger and so on. I think there were enough opinions given about what people want.

This thread is meant for Dorado players to agree on two things:

1. If they want changes

2. If the answer to 1. is yes, what kind of changes

Now, what I would suggest is, that we have a vote between no changes and changes. A maximum of two potential changes.

For example:

1. Eco speed 1x or 4x

2. Research speed 1x or 4x

If everybody could agree that we gather input of what people want in simple posts, then make a count of what are the two most prefered changes or no changes whatsoever.

There is a couple of post allready that made very clear what they want.

So from me:

Fleet speed, eco speed, deut consuption 1x/1x/1x (I am permitted more then one choice, becouse it's no change)

Research speed 4x

Research speed could go to 4x. All the rest should remain same.

But if Eco speed would get increased, then deut consuption should increase as well. For example, if eco speed increases to 4x, then deut consuption should increase to 8x.

Is this guy stupid ? Its already hard sometimes to fly at a 1x deut consumtion, i cant image a 8x. at that ratio, ogame can delete fleets and deuterium from the game :rofl:

I could go name calling as well and ask how come you don't understand how eco speed and deut consumption are tied together. As Cathedral nicely explained, eco speed and deut consumption together determine how an uni behaves. If you have high eco speed and low deut consumption, like 4x eco speed and and 0.5 deut consumption, that uni is no longer a miner uni it becomes a fleeter uni, as it is so easy to field a large fleet and fly it around. So for a balanced uni, eco speed and deut consuption should be same. Even more so for a miner uni. Dorado is a balanced uni. So deut consuption and eco speed should remain tied together. And as was pointed above, disrupting the balance of eco speed and deut consuption would influence the line between profitabilty and loss. That would cause more people getting bashed, since it would be easier to profit. Bottom line would be even more people quitting. We should all understand, that it's only a game that is played by people for various reasons and the most appauling thing somebody can do, is bash somebody to vmode and quitting.

I do agree, my suggestion of 8x deut consumption was provocative. But then again, it did not warrant the response I got from you.

How about other settings like lowering deut consumption? Say to 0,7?

Or allowing probe storage?

Is DiDF considered? I know a lot of people will be against that but curious about the overall opinion.

About deut consumption, see Cathedral and my answer above.

Probe storage: that would just encourage and benefit people that spend 24/7 on playing, with virtually no real life. Not something that I would agree with.

DiDF: Takes the point out of defence. It is true, that you can allways build a defence large enough to withstand even DiDF, and I sure dislike seeing the Dorado turtles on those occasion when I look around to use the few ships I have, but getting a DiDF would severly influence quite some players in Dorado, that are using defence to keep their production and resources safe. Invariably that would lead to even more people quitting. Even tho people with ships mostly severly dislike people with defence, building a turtle is a valid playstyle and taking that playstyle away from somebody by implemeting DiDF is not fair.

I tried on Firefox and it didn't work. What I also noticed was, that Firefox changed something in the past year, and none of the extensions I used worked anymore. That's why I am speculating that Firefox developed some kinda lite version for Android.

As for Yandex, I first tried regular version and then I saw there was a slimmed down version and tried that one as well. Reason was browser speed. Sadly only regular version worked. What I also noticed was, that most of the browsers that work on Chromium engine have a slimmed down version, that doesn't take extensions. Almost as Google developed Chromium for Android and most of browsers use that now.

it works with prefectly yandex browser (really good, id suggest trying that one)

and i think it works with mozilla

chrome mobile doesnt work cuz it doesnt support extensions (as far as i know)

It doesn't work with Firefox. Seems the reason is, Firefox for Android is a lite version, which doesn't take add-ons well.

thanks mate, i donwload the yandex to the mobile and don't accept the addon. maybe i'm doing something worng

There are two versions of yandex. Yandex browser and Yandex browser lite. You must use Yandex browser. The other one is a lite version, and it doesn't accept add-ons. Same as Opera or Chrome for mobile. And you need to install the Chrome version of infinity.

Since nobody wants to start. Is a partial mix of Dorado originals and newcomers.

Top 5 Fleeters:

PAGAN - sheer volume of carnage

Dragon - technical hits

Djubre - to be reckoned with when his head is in the game

Bala - manages to find a target even in desolation

rclizzle and chocy when they play

Top 5 miners (only Dorado originals):

Ironhelms

Zoltan

Micek

Most feared player:

PAGAN. Honourable mention to Dragon

Most improved player:

Nobody really stands out

Top alliance:

DoP pre merge

Most feared alliance

DoP pre merge

What you believe to be the best hit:

I can't remember anything really good in 2020 (big size, but not skill), so I am going by oldy goldy from 2019: Dragon and djubre on deady angel1, blind return on moon to DF FS

ACS Top 02 - [TOT: 407.933.000] Dragon [TDA] & Djubre [DoP] vs. deadly angel1 [NoEmo] (A: 58.328.000, D: 349.605.000)