Posts by Valeyard

A short intro to start things off.
    Arthur spotted the target couple of weeks ago, and we liked it. Seemed a lot of fleet sitting non stop on a planet. Only problem was 10kk worth of turtle shell behind which it was parked. So what do a couple of people with devious minds do? They soften up the turtle shell. And since I have a devious mind, I just had to send one brave pilot in an espionage probe to tag along, to gain invaluable experience. Sadly, despite his bravery, he didn't make it :saint: May he rest in peace.....

As for the defender, it is nothing personal, just business. GLORD.

On 29-04-2019 --:--:--, the following fleets met in battle:

Attacker Arthur [BIA]

Cruiser 800
    Battleship 251
    Battlecruiser 350

Attacker Valeyard [BIA]

Espionage Probe 1

Defender JustinOne [Moonpia]

Small Cargo 82
    Large Cargo 118
    Light Fighter 233
    Heavy Fighter 50
    Cruiser 100
    Battleship 35
    Recycler 13
    Espionage Probe 180
    Bomber 22
    Solar Satellite 100
    Destroyer 2
    Battlecruiser 38
    Rocket Launcher 685
    Ion Cannon 33

After the battle ...

Attacker Arthur [BIA]

Cruiser 741 ( -59 )
    Battleship 251 ( -0 )
    Battlecruiser 350 ( -0 )

Attacker Valeyard [BIA]

Espionage Probe 0 ( -1 )

Defender JustinOne [Moonpia]

Destroyed!

The attacker has won the battle!

The attacker captured:
    463.196 Metal, 91.194 Crystal and 28.772 Deuterium

The attacker lost a total of 1.712.000 units.
    The defender lost a total of 15.934.000 units.
    At these space coordinates now float 2.734.800 metal and 1.671.600 crystal.
    The attacker captured a total of 583.162 units.

The chance for a moon to be created from the debris was 20%.
    The attacker(s) captured the debris.

Summary of profit/losses:

Summary attackers(s)

Metal: 2.017.996
    Crystal: 1.348.794
    Deuterium: -89.228
    The attacker(s) made a profit of 3.277.562 units.

Summary defender(s)

Metal: -9.835.196
    Crystal: -5.447.194
    Deuterium: -1.234.772
    The defender(s) lost a total of 16.517.162 units.

Powered by OGotcha CR Converter 4.2.0

Congratz on a great hit rclizzle. Well done with timing.

@Polar Bear With your attitude you definitely deserve a wish for speedy rebuild.

Today is a great day, serious kudos rclizzle congrats I'd say fast rebuild bear but I don't think you deserve it

Dark wolf, I am quite convinced that being nice to people you dislike wouldn't hurt you. Remember, it is just a war game. And we will all stop playing it one time or another.

....., I don't need teaching anything of a sat basher like you ill learn of someone who can hit properly

Maybe, if I could suggest, you could first try to find somebody to help with basic and advanced fleetsaving? What good does it do to learn hitting somebody, if you don't have anything to hit with....

pagan knows I love him don't you pagey baby,

Everybody would love you if you fleetsaved from planet to debris field under their moon...

And now, since the saga continues, I am getting myself some :zpopcorn:

And Pagan, congratz again.

Ever heard the phrase "power is nothing without control"? I don't think you stay on top without knowing a thing or two about the game, even if you spend on DM - remember this is an ACS uni. So what if he spends on DM, you can still play your game if you learn the mechanics.

Starting to get tired of people moaning about DM, this is how f2p works so you better get used to it. As a matter of fact what he paid helps to keep the servers running and the game maintained, and you can play for free! :)

Definitely true. DM buying enables a lot of advantages to gameplay. But, without knowledge and skill, no matter how much DM a player spends on ogame, he would still get crashed. There are examples all over CR-threads in new unis. People spent huge on DM, built huge fleets, and then got crashed because they had no skill.

And, I kinda believe Pagan isn't ranked 1 just because he spent the most money on DM. Heck, I would be even willing to bet, that he hadn't spent the most money on DM in this uni. There are probably people that spent more.

And, it is definitely true, that DM changed gameplay a lot. Anybody remember how it was, when it was not possible to be ninja'd by instantly built jumpgated fleets? I even remember when there were no officers...

xxxxxx, recalled harvest used to always go blind when I used to play years ago,that was the point of fs to a debris it wasnt to the planet so the fleet went blind,,,xxxxxxx

I just deleted out of the quote everything that is not relevant to my answer to you. I should also make an answer to the rest of your post, but maybe in the end.

Recalled harvest from a planet might have been invisible some decades ago (I don't really remember anymore), but now it is not. Pake gave a link with description of what can be seen by phalanx and what not:

Good catch Pagan :thumbsup:
    Don't mind me, just leaving this here https://ogame.fandom.com/wiki/Fleetsaving in case someone wants to learn what cannot be seen by a sensor phalanx ;)

The list of what can be seen by phalanx and what not is quite clear.

And you can trust me, that I definitely have less time to play this game then you, but as a difference to you, I don't get crashed, farmed, attacked and so on. And there is a good reason for it. Another player, that might feel insulted by you, summed it up really nicely couple of months ago:

The game isn't all about attacking fleets, its about avoiding fleets too.

Also, there were other posts that were basically telling how not to get attacked. And main method is about not being profitable to anybody.

A lot of players will just leave you alone, if you will not seem profitable to them when they probe.

And to answer the rest of your post. This uni is not Pagan and Rejected only. There are other allys and other players, that are active and play together as a group. For instance, DoP and TDA are looking for NoEmo and Rejected fleets (and virtually every other ally). NoEmo would love to catch some DoP players. TDA members crashed DoP players. DoP players crashed Rejected players. And so on, and so on. But off course, players from different allys know each other, as this uni id full of experienced players that played long ago.
    And last sentence, then I will remove myself from this thread and topic completely. Ogame is almost as much a social game as it is a war game. Means, people interact through messages and chats. Even if they are not in same ally.

And off course one more: Sorry to hijack this thread with off topic posts.

Really nice hit there Pagan. Congratulations, as I am certain that you enjoyed catching Dark Wolf.

@Dark wolf, I kind of feel sorry for you, as you managed to antagonize almost half the uni against you. Could you please start listening to people trying to give you good, solid advice, to make your Ogame gaming experience as good as possible? For instance (I apologize for leaving anybody out of the list) Polar Bear and Kewlness? They really tried to give you good advice. And as for Pagan, his tips for playing ogame are one of the best I have ever seen.
    And if you ask anybody, they will most likely answer with good advice, which will make your rebuild much faster.

play new uni,stay away from my uni...bazz off

Oh, I quite like it in Dorado. Just the right pace for old me. A retirement home as Pagan said. But if you really, really want me to leave for a different uni, I might consider it for a split second.

Prob we will be merged with Galatea along the way, that is why they have 2x Eco and other perks to catch up on us.

But hey GF never share any info, they love surprise.

True enough. And from what I remember from my first stint at ogame, don't really like to listen to players as well. So, probably interesting times ahead.

Shall we reopen this can of worms with new data?

Considering the opening of a new uni, with semi-similar characteristics as Dorado (Galatea), it at least to me seem quite likely that Dorado will get merged with it.

What do you think will happen? Will we be forced to accept DiDF and higher eco? Will there be some other change? Should Dorado get ready for potential merge?

surely this idea would be better in a 'what i would like to see in the next new uni' rather than adding to the discussion on an existing uni that a lot of people joined because of the slow settings.
    Meh, join somewhere then try to change it is madness

Touche. Excellent point.

Hello,

Actually there might be a small point in changing server settings.

I also (like quite a lot of people before me) like the slow fleet speed and slow uni. It actually enables me to fleetsave normally over normal distances and is what I was used to in old unis.

However, changing eco sped might be benefitial. But not just changing it for everybody. Might be better to change it in relation to top player points (sorry Pagan). For example, if a player has 1/5 of top player points, his eco changes to x2. If player has 1/10 of top players points, his eco changes to x3. If player has 1/20 of top player points, his eco changes to x4. In this way, late comers would actually have a possibility to compete in a reasonable amount of time (not taking years to catch up to lets say top 100). And also, any fleetcrash would be even easier to rebuild (I have seen players having there fleets crashed, getting a moon in the process, and quiting :S ).

But, this is just thought food to think over....