Posts by kewlness

What will it take to ban a player for life?? I see ppl get banned for something then after a few weeks they are back. business as usual

There are standardized ban lengths provided to us by Gameforge.

With the reduction in the community size, Gameforge decided it was better to "lead players in the right direction than to punish".

So,for each rule violation the number of offenses is taken into consideration.

In many cases, the first violation will receive a warning, the second a short ban, and each violation after a progressively longer ban duration.

In some cases, the rule violation is severe enough to warrant a longer duration ban or in the cases of extremism, real-life threats, racism, etc an immediate perma.

I have seen an entire Gameforge lobby ban once and that took some pretty spectacular rule violations to get there.

Let me drag you onto topic then.

I wish GF hadn't ever created chaos uni such as Volans. Just cos' fleets n' points are impossibly ridiculous there.

that universe should be excluded from the merges or just available as target and not as exodus
    (I wrote should cause you never know but that was the GF position until now)

Volans will never be an exodus.

That is why once an account is in a chaos universe, it can only merge to other chaos universes from the Graveyard.

As for the points and fleets - it is supposed to be ridiculous.

As the .US admin, all the merges there were completed last year.

I know of no merges happening there.

As for .ORG - we are promised a merge but no idea when it will happen.

We haven't been told anything - which is why the rumors of what are going to take place are so funny.

As for the rest of the communities, they might not have any merges - or they might merge into a different community.

No idea what Gameforge's plan is...

Sorry for the late response - I was on a business trip last week.

We have very strict policies and procedures in place stating what we can use as evidence.

The observations which players provide are just that: observations.

We have to be able to support the ban using the tools and data we have.

Furthermore, as I have explained previously, there can be reasons why we do not ban immediately.

In some cases, we are following the resources...

In others, we are trying to find the main account...

Or, other rule violations could be in progress and banning the account would tip off the player(s).

And, dare I say, sometimes the players have it wrong.

If we banned every player who was considered by another player as using a bot based solely on the evidence that player provided - none of you would be playing.

The number one ticket complaint we receive is person X is using a bot - like it is some magic way to get back at one's enemies.

You would be surprised how many people mistake the proper use of a phalanx as a scripting mechanic.

And the thing is, each investigation takes time - so I spend a lot of time verifying false allegations all the time.

I only have so many hours in a day - this is not supposed to be a job but a hobby.

I am not a paid Gameforge employee.

I have a real job I work at every day to earn enough to feed my family.

If you want to debate whether it makes sense for Admins to be volunteers, I do not mind it.

I will say, however, Gameforge cannot afford me. :biggrin:

However, it is how it is and I do not see it changing any time soon.

So, thank you for your tickets with your observations.

I do get to them though maybe not as fast as you would like.

But then again, this is just a game, a hobby, and should be treated as such - something I think all of us forget from time to time.

Hi,

On Monday 14th and Tuesday 15th of March, we will have a discount on Halve/Finish buttons (building, research, shipyard) from 00:01 to 23:59.

Required Dark Matter to halve/finish will have a discount of 25%.

Kind regards,

Your OGame.org Team

Hey all,

On Monday 14th until Wednesday 16th of March, we are having an Import/Export event.

During that time, players will be able to buy an item from Import/Export 6 times per day.

Kind regards,

Your OGame.org Team

Hi,

On Saturday 12th and Sunday 13th of March, we will have a MOON Items offer (from midnight to midnight).

ALL MOONS items (items for moonshots and for moon fields) will have a 15% discount.

As usual, MOON items will also create a 40% moon chance during the event.

Kind Regards,

Your OGame.org Team