Posts by Indi

I cannot seem to find my account, just a bit before the Corona Crisis I stopped playing to take a break, I had studies and a few final exams to pass through,and during the pandemic, I had to move out and start out a new life in which I have been super busy the past 8 months with real life, I simply had no time to be online, I was starting a new life and was wokring upwards to a gruelling 12 hours a day at work, upon logging back in to my gameforge account just today, its seems that I cannot find my ''Virgo'' Universe account that I have made some time beggining of last year which I peaked at almost top 100, seems to be deleted from in-activty, I honeslty cannot remember if I bought DM on that account, which normally from my understanding prevents account deletion, I do remember that I have put it into vaction mode 100%....

Is there anyway that mods can help me trace back my previous account and get it back in shape even if its means choosing different planet relocations?

It would be a huge shame if it meant restarting on a fresh account again which would be a huge bummer and de-motivation factor since I made a personal promise that I would stick to this account untiul the end days of Ogame

The whole honor system is dogshit lets be honest, I had top 100 players attack me when I was in the high 700-800 rank and they gain huge honour points compared to me being on the receiving end of the attack, just because I acquired bandit status...

Yes , it is very honorable having a player that has millions in points that attacks another player that hasn't even reached his first million.. (Sarcasm)

I think its a fucking stupid system especially in unis that are dead, I get punished and get a bandit status for literally attacking players for profit, because they are to lazy to FS, instead I equally get punished by receiving a bandit lord title, Receiving honor is a chore, finding PROFITABLE targets to hit is already a time consuming task between actually finding those players that are not behind massive defenses and if they are worth the setup and your time attacking, most profit comes from players that have little defense on their planets with big mines, and of course players leaving their fleet idle for the pickings, problem is if you are higher ranking then them, you get bandit points UNLESS if they are bandits themselves, then you get honour points,

honestly makes no sense and I wish they re-vamped the honour system so that it actually makes sense...

Im not to really upset, because imo the honor system is a joke that has very very little impact on someone in reality, however attacking a player that has bandit status, can be the difference between making a profit or not...

idk what dreamworld you live in, everyone will just vmode in a uni like that lol

People who V-Mode in a uni like that don't now how to play the game and will make up any excuses they find to say otherwise.

When I asked if it was a good idea to make an account in an oldish already established server, people said it would not be worth it, that established big players will crush you as soon as you are out of noob mode...

Surprise surprise, I have not been touched more then twice in a single year (Only times I got ''bothered'' by another player that crashed me for not FS on an idle fleet sitting on my moon for a few hours)

The whole name of the game is to be unprofitable so you lower your chances to the extreme from getting attacked by others...

Of course having bad blood between a player that has the means and points to bash you wont stop them from forcing you to quit/vmode, but those happen very rarely and are often feuds for trash talking, so again its 99% your own fault if you do end up in a situation like that...

I can survive unis that are 10 years old with players hitting the hundreds of millions of points and I can play peacefully in those same unis and attack and profit from players around my own highscore ranking...

Details are not out yet, but it would seem reasonable to give a one time ''free pass'' where you can merge freely to any unis, merging again would cost DM of course, also I think merging should be prioritized, THEN ironing out any of the bugs that exist, because patching bugs, then merging will just create more bugs...

Honestly I cant wait, I hope we have a good 2/3 unis where theres hundreds of active players again for months to come, Nostalgia of constant action and drama will hit hard.

Fusion reactors were always given a bad reputation from the start, but over the years players have realized that they are the best source of energy for late game accounts, save a lot of planets space compared to a solar plant+ solar sat combo, and they cannot be destroyed compared to solar sats...

And the amount of deut that they consume per hour is totally justified unless if you are a Maximum deuterium production freak.

Indi but it is a fact that you cannot focus on a cosmetic item in a game like OG.

What makes you specifically state this?

Lack of creativity? Yes, the fact that we got the latest update of Class, and that has been the only ''big'' update we have received every since the introduction of the Space Dock years back..

IDK if you were present the day DM went live, but finding a solution is 10X better then accepting and being vile against its own players and in denial that the DM introduction was the WORST thing that could happen to this game, whole servers where nuked with players leaving... Servers that were once populated with thousands of active users are now less then 100 active players and thats being generous...

Theres just no excuse, I just dont get it, what excuse is there to in staying complacent and not being creative and moving the game forward?

Theres no Cosmetic potential in Ogame? What happened to the custom links for your ships and buildings back then? Why was that completely removed, worst of all why couldnt that be implemented in a pay feature?

What about being creative and showing battles that can show players different ship skins (Im not talking about videos/graphics either)

TO me gameforge is the perfect example of that rich kid that has every means possible to reach high potential, but instead he gets sucked in a mundane boring un-interested life complaining how its to hard to progress despite being giving the silver spoon his whole life...

I get the frustration, and you are not required to buy stuff.

That is however a deeper longer discussion as there is a lot behind this - and merging universes being one of this. As it stands, we currently do not know when those happen again.

What exactly is so super complex long and deep about exploiting its fansbase with a pay2win feature? Or is that all just fancy talk to pretend and justify them fuckin the fans and most importantly the game over the past years?

IDK please tell me like seriously I want to know...

DM has been out since 07-08 are you telling me its taking 12 years to admit that GameForge are using DarkMatter the wrong way, instead of a heavy pay2win incentive they should of being creative and branched out on the cosmetics side of things like EVERY other video game out there that has half a competent team with a brain, but no I guess its '' a deeper longer discussion as there is a lot behind this '' ??? I didnt know GameForge where so philosophical in finding tactics in fcking players that dont have the duty to spend IRL money on a browser game, but dont worry guys, its never the company fault admitting their wrong-doings its always a more complex situation even when its made out to not to be...

Yeah my ass, stop taking its players for fools because looking at the state of the game currently, its clear what had happened.

Also a clear lack of communication between the player base and the devs is a huge thing missing, other gaming company learnt that the heard way, but GameForge? Seems to not care about that aspect, but I guess it has to do something rooted with a ''deeper longer discussion as there is a lot behind this'' lack of communication, its not as simple as that am I right?

Im just poking fun at you at this point, but please stop applying their BS onto us, grow a personality please...

We dont have a voice, only Mods on boards are close to actually standing up with one another and saying enough is enough, but I guess keeping admin rights on a dead forum browser game is more important amirite?

Hi mate ... the others classes can´t see the DF but if they have pathfinfers it´s possible to recycle ..... despite this it´s not 100% safe to do fleet save there because discover players can see that debris disappear .... so ....

Thanks for clearing this up, my uni doesn't really have any big time fleeters on my ass and I haven't been probed in a few days, so I really doubt they would time a DF recall...

I know that Moon to Moon deployment with recall is best, But sometimes I just want my fleet to return to the original moon when I wake back up.

So we all know that having expo battles leaves debris field, which in return are visible to anyone running the Discoverer class...

Is it safe to fleet save in slot 16 DF with recyclers of course, just like any other position with debris?, or is there something which I need to know?

I feel that its a little bonus that the two other classes dont see the DF.

lul,
    more players --> more targets
    more targets --> more attacks
    more attacks --> more quitters
    more quitters --> deader universe

Its more complicated then that but whatever, players that quit when getting crashed are either players that didnt even bother learning the game what so ever and getting fleet crashed was the final nail in the coffin for their crappy mental assumptions, or big time fleeters that had invested to much emotional energy in their fleet that ''quit'' when in reality a few weeks later they came back to a new uni in disguise lmao...

But for most players that get Crashed, they just learn and rebuild like how it should be..

The problem is you cant have anyone class in a PvE situation blowing away all others by 10x, the game is so unbalanced now. Just think of all of the Discovers at the start of the changes were gaining millions in DM until they changed the bonus there

I was so excited thinking the classes would spice up the game, its just a PvE cluster fck now, you can get free DM so easily now with expos and events, you can literally purchase any officer you want every week 5-10k DM depending on the officers you want, the game has literally turned into a dump of acquiring boosters and DM to just ''un-naturally'' boost your account, you basically get free ships, that you can scrap or sell on the marketplace without spending a single res on your part...

what happened to sticking to the core gameplay elements of risking having to attack players to acquire extra resources to progress your account? Im not saying it doesn't happen, but looking at different unis CR, its sure as shit has died down...

im losing motivation to play this game on a weekly basis, I was so happy to start off a new account after being absent for a few years, but this month, im honestly losing the drive, oGame has become so fkcing boring when everyone is just focusing on Expos and theres nothing happening between top alliances either .... :sleep:

Your first point I 100% agree on> Merge all existing unis for a total of 5-8 big universes depending on eco and fleet speed, that would be the most ideal situation... Having hundreds of active players in a uni instead of just

20-50 would be such a nostalgia hit when they were legit thousands of active players years ago in a single uni..

Im not a huge fan of losing your planets position just because of 40 days of inactivity, honestly doesnt seem fair at all...

Also because of TOS, anyone that has actually spent real life money (Dark Matter) on the game cannot be removed from a server...

I do agree that theres a lot of inactive accounts that havent been active for months that are literally just useless and offer absolutely nothing and should really be removed...

the game has a place for everyone, fleeters can crush discovery classes when they one running expos. Just time an attack when they return crazy profit

How would go about doing that when they are always active?

and its moon to expo meaning they are invisible to phalanX?

I agree, the game has nothing to do with years back, I dont even mind the whole phone aspect of things, but yeah ever since the first few editions of iphones came out and as long as you had 3G-4G and a brain, you could avoid getting fleet crashed whenever you had to work over time IRL and didnt have access to a computer back then...

Hell Ive only been fleet crashed once in the past year (A few weeks ago) and that was me waking up hella late after a heavy night of drinking, and I honestly didnt even care about FS since I priotized my precious sleep over my mediocre fleet that could be re-built in like 3 days lmao....

The new class system, just emphasizes more PvE gameplay, already the lack of active fleeters and battles prior to class integration was an all time low, now theres even more reason to not hunt fleets when you can make much more profit sending out multiple expos rather then spending hours and days stalking a target just for the hopes of catching their fleet...

The general class seemed to bring hope to the glory days of pure PvP fleet combat, but when you have a class such as the Discoverer that can bring 10X more profit then the other two classes, its a no brainer...

Thats not to say that hunting fleet is dead, because I still hear and see some hits here and there, but those are mostly a by-product of just lazy players not FS properly with huge gaps of no-activity in their routine with their fleets just hanging around to be crashed...

And some times I do plan a week where I would build fleet to try and hunt other players just for the fun of it, even though im aware it doesnt bring as much profit as just sending out expos do...

And honestly I rarely see huge battles of alliances vs alliances anymore, its feels like this doesn't exist anymore, when players rather go the solo route and only join alliances for the social aspect and maybe some protection if they get bothered by an outsider...

Remeber back then where every week in just a single uni alliances where declaring war on a regular basis?

Galaxy view was clustered with Debris Field, it was chaotic it was fun...

Also I said it back then but I always thought speed unis where a dumb as shit idea 7xEco/ 5X fleet really ruined what oGame core gameplay is supposed to be, Hell even its player base dont respect those fast unis when they quit a month in after getting Fleet crashed in less then 30 minutes, just dumb as FCK gameplay imo...

Should of been capped at 2-3x Fleet and 4X eco at the most...

The games become super-stale compared to years back, sure the self isolation brought back some players (Like my unis has 30 more active players then usual now) its not much, but at least its better then nothing right?

The only reason why I continue playing this game is...

Well honestly I dont really know to be fair, I guess its just the nostalgia aspect, and pretty much the grind im putting myself in to try and reach top 10 without spending a cent in the game (I have never been able to achieve that, so its my personal long term goal to do so) and im afraid ill just quit once ive accomplished it, since there will be nothing to go after once you are at the top you have nothing more to accomplish but to hold that position for whatever reason...

Getting the reapers is quite fairly easy, you can do it in 1 week in those fast speed unis. But to reach a point when the Crawlers start being usefull as you say, you need a few months even in speed universes!

Also it's not our fault either that the classes are way underbalanced as well. Yes a +50% gets stronger by a given rate higher the stats, but the same applyes for the rewards in explorations when the #1 gets more points and when the fleets get insanely big to use general (another classe that needs a consider buff). Even with the buff to the crawlers i suggested Discover still has de edge!

Discoverer is just broken, anyone who doesnt choose it, is simply missing out big time:

-DM capture that pays back class change in 2/3 months...

-Huge resource Hauls in a single active day of sending out expos that even Collector class with a high mines cant produce in a single week... (This was my main selling point in switching over to Discoverer class)

-Finding lots of ships that can either add to your fleet or be scrapped for resources and/or sent to the market place (Found 6k probes in a single expo LOL)

Also the general class is the only class that can build Reapers, but if you are patient in the discoverer class, you can find a lot of reapers from expos (Found 59 of them just today! yes I got lucky, but the case still stands, I saved a few million res of not building reapers if I went the General class)

Theres just so much bang for your buck in the discoverer class that you are only cheating yourself away profit if you choose the two other classes... and you dont have to be super active either, sending just two waves of expos a day is enough to out profit the collector class...