Posts by restlesz

Thanks a lot for "calming my nerves" answers :D

After arguing with the CoMa handling my ticket, for 10 days, that he was wrong about "it was gone and I just had to deal with it", it's good to know that I - after all - am right and in time I'll get back my account. ;)

Should be in the graveyard server. In vmode with paid DM, correct?

Yes in V-mode and with 1.5 mill bought DM. I bought the biggest package of DM when I did all the building of ships, so 1.5 mill DM is "Leftovers"....

I lost my account and a rookie of a CoMa (seems like she has joined in 2021) wont make a case of this in the right tool for admins.

I have been a GA myself and I have help a player get back his account after nearly a year, so I KNOW they have back ups and keep them for more than 7 weeks – which is the amount of time I didn't check my account.

I was rank 1 with 8 expos lots (don't remember the astro lvl and amount of planets you need to get 8 expo slots, but it is a «few»)

I had moons and jump gates on all planets, and my recs had high speed, and I was rank 1 in everything, Total, research, fleet, eco.

I'm not saing it was a big account world wide, but I still had put in a lot of work AND money, and I had about 1.5 mill DM on the account.

The story is that I saved up a LOT of ress (billions) to build a «few» million LF, the same amount of LC and 100k Reapers. I bought DM so I could switch from Discoverer class to General class and back again after I finished building the 100K Reapers. Since I didn't «Had» the time to wait for it to finish. I also bought «a few» ship yeard boosters (24 hours) – You need «a few» even with nanit lv 9, since not matter how high nanit, it can't go under 1 sec in production.

Well, finally I had my regular fleet and my expo fleet as good as I could get it, right there and then.

And off I was on expo... I got 1 msg « all we heard from the expo was zzxcxccz....» the first day on the first expo round... A bit pissed off, yeah... But hey... a game is a game, right?

Second day – less than 24 hours after finning building ships for billions, I got the second msg « all we heard from the expo was zzxcxccz....»

Now I was pretty irritated...

Next round went okay, but the second round og the second day, I got the third msg « all we heard from the expo was zzxcxccz....»

THAT'S IT!! I take a break, now. I lost ALL the progress, I had spend so must time to collect ress and a lot of rl money, in about 24 hours.

So I popped the account i v-mode.

I checked in about every 14 days, to see how things were. I was still rank 1 all over and I was impatiently waiting for a merge. Now, I'm on disability benefits partly due to my back, so I don't have all the money in the world.

Last year I was scheduled to an operation, but due to Covid 19, it was postponed. In March this year, I finally got the operation, and went into rehabilitation center after that, in total of 5 and a half week. After that -

2 more weeks of daily rehabilitation at my local physiotherapist.

Now I have had several of my accounts merged into other unis before, and I have always got an email about the merge. I didn't get ANY mails at all, this time.

I can't play on my phone, because everything is too small, so I play on my stationary computer, and ...well, I didn't have that with me at the hospital and at rehabilitation center, and the 2 weeks of local daily rehabilitations was just about all I could manage at that time. BUT IF I had got a mail about the merge, I WOULD for sure have logged in and made the merge of my account happen.

So when I no longer needed to go to my local physiotherapist every day, I thought I would play a little again... But My account was gone. I had logged in every fort night for a while, and also a very short time BEFORE any announcement about the merge (after what I can see on the board), but due to the operation and rehabilitations, I didn't logg in, and my account was gone in about 7 weeks.

The CoMa says that all data is lost and (s)he «can't» help me. I just have to accept that it is gone. And (s)he will block my (ticket) account, if I reply on the ticket again...

Well I have BIG problems accepting that, since I know, it can be done. And I know that, because I have help a player getting back his account, that was gone for A LOT LONGER THAN 7 WEEKS. Well, I myself couldn't do it, but my CoMa back then, could make a case in the prober tool. ( I know the name of the tool, but I'm not sure I'm allowed to write it)

I have tried to contact Piink by PM, since I believe she has a lot of experience with Ogame, but no answer.

And my TM says, he's – for now, not a part of the team, so he can't help me, either

So my very big question is... Why can some accounts be restored after almost a year, but not my account after JUST 7 weeks after a merge?

And as I said earlier, I had about 1.5 mill DM (bought – not found) on the account.

The CoMa said «each case is different.» How can that be? Why are each case treated differently? And what have I done then, to be a «lesser» player, so my account is not worth a decent treatment?

Hahaha... Well, if you want to play solitaire for free, be my guest. No quite the same as Ogame, right? But I can tell you - it's still not for free. Okay, YOU might not pay for goodies to use in solitaire ( can't quite imagen what goodies that would be, either ;) ) - but all the adds are paying for you. And i would rather play solitaire with real cards at home, than sitt and wait 30 sec - 1 min for adds to finish, so I can flip the next card...

But hey... If you like that game - go for it :D

There are many games that are free and supported by ads. Ogame has a mixture.

I don't like the increasing trend towards making ogame pay to play.

Well, If the pay to play was removed, how many adds do you think would pop up all the time...? And probably NOT out in the side bar. And I quess you will wish the pay to play back real soon, when an add pops up right when you are timing a billion point fleet on lanx - or when an attacker has timed YOUR fleet with a window at 20 sec... I'm pretty sure you then would wish that somebody paid for some extra goodies... ;)

Yeah I do understand what you mean, I just don't agree with you. But do you understand that GF HAS to make money to pay all the people that are working there for a living?

And yes, when people pay real money to play for the game, there HAS to be a significant difference between a paying player and a none-paying player. Otherwise it's not worth paying for it... and then there will be NO GAME.

I hope you now understand that it is necessay to have players that pay for the game, and to make it worth paying for, some great goodies are needed.

And as I said earlier. Not one single game is 100% free.

Well, Those that pay real money keeps the game going so YOU can play for free.

It make a lot of sense to me, that those that pay real money get some value in return for their money.

I know it does make some unbalance in the game, but then again... They have PAID REAL MONEY, so YOU can play for FREE.

And that is actually another unbalanced issue. That some play for free and doesn't contribute to keep the game going...

Let's face it - There doesn't exist one single game that is 100% free. All games that are supposed to be free, have an option to pay for better things/help items

So... Please stop whining about people that pay real money - without them, YOU would not be able to play the game at all.