Graviton tech improvement

• been lurking for a while looking at ideas, time to drop my own

simple really

at certain breakpoints it is near impossible to complete research without busting with DM or waiting 1year +, that is fair from perspective of the game and i have zero problems with that.

i propose to allow players to conduct multiple researches at the same time, considering researches take forever even with high IRN,

graviton lvl 2 - you are able to conduct 2 researches simultaneously

graviton lvl 3 - you are able to conduct 3 researches simultaneously

graviton lvl 4 - you are able to conduct 4 researches simultaneously

graviton lvl 5 - you are able to conduct 5 researches simultaneously

etc

DM revenue loss - non still required to insta,

DM revenue gain - graviton requires tons of energy so increase in sales for energy boosters - potentially.

simple use for increase to graviton level, and the amount of energy required for next levels being so high seems not possible to cause any real issues as far as i can see.

let me know what u guys think

• I like the general idea. But how would a Commander (that queue stuff one after another) work with this? How would the queue work exactly? Do you have one separate queue of additional 4 researches for each Gravi tech? How would that be shown visually in the game? It seems hard to implement.

Another reason why I like the idea is that about 10 years ago, I made a proposal on the board that read "No dead-end scenarios in oGame". And the Gravi being "maxed out" at lvl 1 just seems lame! Further more, what you propose the tech to actually do makes sense from a game points perspective too (it cost a lot of energy to research the tech - Making the assumption that research in general requires energy is not far fetched).

One other problem though. As lame as the tech currently is, it would be just as lame if I could just make a pos 1 planet and burst out solar sats, getting an energy booster and then go for 5-6 Gravi techs all at once. Seems too easy to upgrade the tech a whole bunch at once (giving the 1 sec research time). Like Jump Gates I believe there should be a "Cool down" on that tech. How much of a cool down? I don't know. Perhaps about 7-14 days?

I like the general ider, because it makes sense to implement, but I see some potential problems that needs to be addressed, I believe.

Edited once, last by Molle ().