[TOT: 22.481.520.000] Rose Tico vs. Tom Marvolo Riddle [The Dark Side] (A: 22.057.219.000, D: 424.301.000)

• Someone sent me a CR he had against pirates. He wanted to post it but was too lazy to convert by hand so I did it. (OGame really needs a CR-API for expos or an API for expos in general).

Comments by the defender: Expos are perfectly balanced, if this hit would get posted in my universe section it would be in the Top 10. Also: ITS FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE.

Comment by me: VFR Defender. Names were replaced for DPA-Reasons.

On 25-02-2020 --:--:--, the following fleets met in battle:

Attacker Rose Tico

Large Cargo 1.000.500

Light Fighter 2.365.000

Cruiser 3

Defender Tom Marvolo Riddle [The Dark Side]

Large Cargo 2.000.000

Light Fighter 4.300.000

Espionage Probe 1

Pathfinder 1

After the battle ...

Attacker Rose Tico

Large Cargo 239 ( -1.049.761 )

Light Fighter 0 ( -2.365.000 )

Cruiser 0 ( -3 )

Defender Tom Marvolo Riddle [The Dark Side]

Large Cargo 1.999.995 ( -5 )

Light Fighter 4.193.940 ( -106.060 )

Espionage Probe 0 ( -1 )

Pathfinder 1 (- 0 )

The battle ends in a draw.

The attacker lost a total of 22.057.219.000 units.

The defender lost a total of 424.301.000 units.

At these space coordinates now float 2.742.367.200 metal and 1.753.935.600 crystal.

The chance for a moon to be created from the debris was 20%.

Debris harvested by the defenders(s):

2.742.367.200 Metal and 1.753.935.600 Crystal

Summary of profit/losses:

Summary attackers(s)

Metal: -13.393.626.000

Crystal: -8.663.587.000

Deuterium: -6.000

The attacker(s) lost a total of 22.057.219.000 units.

Summary defender(s)

Metal: 2.424.157.200

Crystal: 1.647.844.600

Deuterium: 0

The defender(s) made a profit of 4.072.001.800 units.

Powered by NMA's brain because OGame still has no Expo-API

• so i gotta ask

is this what oGame is nowadays?

RNG based game? with less and less PVP?

i mean..i dont much..just curious if this will be changed or not?

AvOZINI.png

Vreme će proći pa moći će svi da vide

Kako stojimo ponosni, večni ko piramide

• Basically a General would need to make multiple HoF hits every day in order to compete with this and a Collector with high level mines would need to wait a few months to earn the same amount from its extra production.

No problem! Discoverer is very balanced! Keep doing bugfix releases while ignoring the balance issue which is ruining the game.

For all you people who picked a class other than Discoverer and doesn't want to spend 500k DM: glirl.

• what People have not thought about is the time when this kind of expedition hits the Black Hole... what a glorious day

Sure, you're bound to hit a few black holes eventually. But by the time it happens you've already covered those losses and profited multiple times over from all the other successful expos.

When your gains start hitting these numbers, black holes aren't a downside. They're merely an inconvenience.

• but if you enetnter a blackhole you still gotta rebuild few mil lfs

takes nice dm amount even with buying detroids when they are offered

best solution would be either merge discoverer with general and collector or remove it completely

or remove all classes its stupid btw

• what People have not thought about is the time when this kind of expedition hits the Black Hole... what a glorious day

The defender so far lost 200 billion to black holes. His profit is still about double what he has lost.

but if you enetnter a blackhole you still gotta rebuild few mil lfs

Don't forget that you also find ships on expos, like a lot of them with this. No DM has been used on rebuilding so far.

Signatur

Black holes are 1/500, pirates 1/16

So on average you'll hit pirates 30 times as often as you'll hit a black hole

This fleet is worth 40bn, profits were 4bn. So you'd only need to hit these pirates 10 times before you'd break even

And this is only considering profits from pirates, nevermind all the other profits from all the hundreds of other expeditions

• The only thing left from the expedition was the following radio transmission: Zzzrrt Oh no! Krrrzzzzt That zrrrtrzt looks krgzzzz like .. AHH! Krzzzzzzzztzzzz...

Transmission terminated

• This sh!t is lame. GF doesn't even know they have a board, that they have a semi-active community, and that it spouts out relevant and helpful things/tips/fixes for them in order to make their game better, retain players, and most likely make the same or more money.........but they're still lost on Myspace somewhere. STOMT is just what the only smart person working at GF design/programming side did....and that's the pissed off janitor. The janitor noticed that besides being messy as hell, they always left their comps open with code out......so said janitor said f'it, why not mess with these lazy, messy b@at@rds and put in STOMT(they still haven't noticed his little joke;) The janitor is a far better programmer than they are, he was taught code for 4 months at night school.....so you know, he has twice their knowledge base;)

Besides, they just going to fix this bug/imbalance like they do every other bug.......never or in a year....and when they do touch it they will only be making it worse cause that's how they move lmao....so lame.

Zagy: "Enjoy building your ego with likes of your ally mate.
    Like we having 14 year old girls here. I expect now everyday status with some quote and selfie from toilet."
    Heretic: "If you want to make it personal...I might ask why you are asking for selfies from ppl you suspect are 14 year old girls and ones from the toilet no less. Creeper much?"
  • Yeah...this crap needed to be fixed day 1.

We're 2 months in and some people made 500-700 B off of expos.

It is gonna multiply from there.

05onfire1_xp-articleLarge-v2.jpg

• So this is around 4.1 Bn profit, while losing it in a black hole would result in 41 Bn loss.

Also let's not forget, there's a lot of ships here!

Assuming we have let's say 13 planets, there's 6,3 million ships to be built.

Let's say nanites are high enough on every planet to build each LC and LF for 1 second, meaning we can make 13 ships per second with ideal resource distribution.

That's almost 135 hours of build time (125/116 for 14,15 planets) assuming you just slap everything into que at once which most players can't really afford because it might get cleaned or they don't have as much resources at their disposal at that time. There's DM to spend here.

This is not even the main reason discoverer is broken (even though it is one, definitely) imo since top players in old universes always had a way to get incomparable amounts of resources compared to top 50 and below and I'm being kind here with numbers.

You have huge potential gains with huge risk and a huge punishment both resource and wallet wise. It does have setbacks.

What about the initial gains in young unis? This is the part that definitely needs to be taken care of considering all young unis will suffer hard from this part.

People aren't winning early game unis by DF farming, and we have merges that basically the definition of unfair yet suddenly everyone is complaining about this....?

As for the late game, theoretical point where collector and discoverer gains are the same should be fine tuned and that's it, not much of a problem here.

If you focus this build, you you have a ton of shit ships that can be easily beaten by other fleets of similar size but different composition.

I really think if OGame was still as active as before with people organizing like crazy, discos would be fleeter food no matter the attacker class but I talk crazy stuff all the time so who knows :spiteful:

I also think it's not necessarily turning OGame from PvP to PvE, people who want to crash others still do so, people who never wanted to do so have expo fleets now so they do contribute to PvP even though they play PvE themselves. Every player should have a choice. Someone choosing PvE doesn't take from someone else's PvP, in fact it potentially adds in to it.

Letting everyone have this is the best solution imo.

Edited 2 times, last by savage ().

• I already told GF to CAP THE FRICKIN DF...

Only Large Aliens(which are like... 1% of every time you find Aliens) and Blackholes(1 out of 500) cause massive losses... All others are profit.

Moons donated: 10

• I think hard caps wouldn't be good here because at certain point disco loses exponential growth and then collector will turn out to be more OP because at some point you could simply outbuild possible profit for discoverer and do nothing while gaining more resources.

When we're at that, how would you even describe possible profit from disco? I once had 4 combats in 7 expos and sometimes I don't have a single combat in a day, not really a decent measure to help here.

You can't balance RNG class next to non RNG classes without RNG class turning out to be a waste of time or overpowered, the middle ground line is extremely thin and not in the same spot for everyone, so one group is still going to complain it's overpowered and now you will also have people saying it's useless.

Also in general, there will be more crowd accusing GF of bait and switch and false advertising.